Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived

An update to the 2K Forums by 2K Elizabeth tells us the DLC previously thought to be cancelled for the PC edition of BioShock 2 will be coming to the Windows variant of 2K's waterlogged shooter sequel after all (thanks joao via Rock, Paper, Shotgun). Word is to expect the PC edition of Protector Trials in December and the PC edition of Minerva's Den at some point after that:

We are a company of gamers making awesome experiences for gamers - and given the conversations we've had over the past two weeks, we've decided to go back and finish the PC patch and Protector Trials. Currently, we are patching the final bugs in these two pieces of content and then will submit everything to certification. The cert process can take anywhere up to four weeks, but as we hit major milestones (passing cert or otherwise included) I'll tell you guys. We are projecting that the patch and the Protector Trials will be ready to cert in December and I'm happy to announce that they will be available free to the community.

When we stopped development on Minerva's Den, it was not in a workable state and needed significantly more dev time to complete. As of now, we are not certain how much longer it would take to complete the project to our standards, but we have reallocated resources to work on completing the project so PC gamers can have this experience in Rapture along with 360 and PS3 owners.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 28, 2010, 07:50 Shok

I've seen Bioshock2 on the clearance rack in Target on two separate occasions now and haven't pulled the trigger. I think the price was like $10.98 or something. Reading the above comments about it using Steam AND GFWL doesn't make me want to buy it at all now though.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 28, 2010, 07:33 xXBatmanXx

Shadowcat wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 01:19:
I really don't understand DLC for an FPS that isn't exclusively multiplayer (or even if it was MP for that matter) MONTHS after most people have played and finished the game.....
I don't understand your lack of understanding. People who enjoyed the game will likely enjoy the expansions. What difference does the time taken make, save that a proportion of the users (a minority, I would imagine) would have to reinstall the game?

It isn't "I" who have a lack of understanding - it is the organizations that do this.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 28, 2010, 04:17 Kajetan

Sempai wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 01:32:
Worst company ever.
They release unfinished garbage then never support it, all the while pumping out DLC after DLC for those nickel n dimes.
And they do it, because they can and live happily ever after, because enough gamers will endure ANYTHING to play "their" game.

Do not blame the company, blame the customers, who will come back again and again, because playing a specific game is more important to them than protecting their anus from being raped.

14. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 28, 2010, 01:32 Sempai

2k has deleted hundreds of posts on their official boards and banned a load of people for speaking their minds on this matter.

Worst company ever.
They release unfinished garbage then never support it, all the while pumping out DLC after DLC for those nickel n dimes.

Suck a bag of dicks 2k.

13. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 28, 2010, 01:19 Shadowcat

I really don't understand DLC for an FPS that isn't exclusively multiplayer (or even if it was MP for that matter) MONTHS after most people have played and finished the game.....
I don't understand your lack of understanding. People who enjoyed the game will likely enjoy the expansions. What difference does the time taken make, save that a proportion of the users (a minority, I would imagine) would have to reinstall the game?

12. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 23:39 Prez

I'm glad they changed their mind. I'm interested in the single player one.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 22:31 DrEvil

Sorry 2K, still not buying it until you remove SuckROM and Games for Windows crap.  

10. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 19:47 The Half Elf

Free DLC is Free DLC.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 19:26 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 18:57 theyarecomingforyou

Firstly, GFWL is shit. Secondly, are they saying that the four weeks for certification is for GFWL or their own internal process? If it's related to GFWL then that's ridiculous. Use Steamworks - then you can push out updates much, much quicker.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

7. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 18:50 Silicon Avatar

I'm glad I waited on this one. Whenever the DLC+Game pack comes out for $15 I will probably buy it.  

6. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 18:48 StingingVelvet

I hear this is good DLC, the Minerva one anyway, so I'm happy it's coming. Shame I need to use GFWL to get it, but whatever.  

5. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 18:40 Paketep

Wow, all I wanted to say, said already in the first 4 comments.

Guys, leave something for the rest!

Edit: OK, I thought of something... use the patch to take ShittyROM out!.

4. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 18:20 the_culture

As of now, we are not certain how much longer it would take to complete the project to our standards

Wow, that's one heck of a Project Leader you've got there.

Management: How much longer do you need to finish the DLC?

Project Leader: Beats me.

Management: Sounds great!

3. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 18:05 nin

Hey Chobey, how about you drop GFMFW from the Steam install? That would be an "awesome experience for gamers".

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 17:44 Overon

Where is that pc patch that they promised in June? Oh there it is, it's coming they decided to finish it. Can't wait to find out what they said they fixed but actually didn't.  

1. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 17:25 mag

"Wow, I think we just pissed off our couple hundred thousand remaining customers. Maybe we should, uh, try to squeeze a little more money out of them before completely throwing them away? Our next game's still a ways away..."  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo