Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands Patch Next Month

Gearbox Software sends along details on an upcoming version 1.41 patch for Borderlands they say should be released next month for both the Windows and Xbox 360 editions of the role-playing shooter. Here are some of the planned changes:

• Level cap increase of 8 levels
  • That means that all Borderlands players will now be able to achieve a new maximum level of 58.
  • Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve an increase to a maximum level of 69.
  • End game players that have completed play-through #2 will see enemies scale to the new levels up to the new level cap.
  • That means that if you’ve completed everything, you can play through the game again and again at a challenging level in order to find better and better loot.
  • Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will also scale with higher level enemies to the new level cap.
    That means that this Title Update features the highest level weapons to date.
  • Other fixes, including DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users will be corrected to properly award players for obtaining these achievements no matter which order they were completed in.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 28, 2010, 16:34 DG

Erm, now that I'm done rambling, three Q's:

- Am I right in thinking that the character & backpack is consistent regardless of PT? In other words, I can keep swapping between PT1 & PT2 and it's always the same character with the same stats and items?

- Anyone else's FPS gone to shit since Claptrap DLC? I took a break from Borderlands then back into it for Claptrap and found my video config had been reset. Put the settings back and it's unplayable, even putting everything to low except the resolution is choppy.

- Is Claw doable on PT1 at L48?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 28, 2010, 16:29 DG

Flatline wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 18:52:
[...] What I did play of the DLC threw insane amounts of rare loot at me.
Yeah, I'm still on PT1 and there is vastly more purple and orange loot. I had assumed if it was triggered after I reached level 47, since even going back to Supermacus Sweep there was lots of purple.

[Claptrap spoiler: BTW at the end of Claptrap you get to raid a "giftshop" which has about a dozen red chests, and again each time you load the game. Not that great loot but pretty much renders looting pointless since it's in the centre of town, no hassle to get there.]

(I'm still on PT1 because I bought late, still have to do the brains for whatshisname, a Supermarcus Sweep and two of Moxxi's crapfests. Well I might have a go at Craw but I'll only be L48 after doing the above.)

I've noticed that higher level weapons aren't necessarily better weapons in the game. The escalation of weapon ability/quality needs to be a little higher than it is at the current moment, because even in Diablo games you are updating *some* piece of equipment once or twice a level usually.
So true. My primary weapon is an assault rifle I got, I dunno, maybe L30 or so. Dmg is only 125 but fire rate 15, x1 corrosive, accuracy >85% and the Soldier tree upgrades + heavy gunner mods suit this well. Superb for armour and unarmed enemies usually aren't much bother anyway. It carved through Knoxx like butter and [Claptrap spoiler: when I faced KnoxxTrap I just stood there shooting his face with it and he went down without even having chance to shoot back.]

I actually favour this over a rifle that has the same stats except dmg is ~220 and no corrosive. I think I've played about 3/4 of the game with the same rifle just with a damage upgrade, because the one I had before it also lasted me ages and was identical bar lower damage. Admittedly it's showing it's age now and I've been wanting an upgrade for a while now, but for some reason the game only shows me decent weapons that are not rifles.

I think I've changed my shield maybe twice in the last 15 levels? My usual mod (heavyweapons) I've swapped once since I found a great one in Rust Commons East. I have swapped the ammo-regeneration spare and a shield-regenerating one that I've never had to use.

Otherwise I've only been swapping sniper rifles (though really there's not much diff between them) and I did find a pistol which is more like an awesome sniper-shotgun.

The above pistol is actually one of only 2 good orange weapon I've found. Most of the time they're actually shit weapons but have a +16 ammo regeneration or something. What's the point in that when I carry 960 bullets and have a regen mod if needed?

I don't get how weapons are valued either. Much of the time I'm choosing which of two weapons to sell and it's an easy choice to keep the one worth 1/3 as much, because it's better in every way. I think all the weapons I have ready are valued under $100,000 while I'm selling $1m shitty ones. The rarity colouring also seems to have little to do with actual quality, again often dumping blues, purples and oranges in favour of a green.

13. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 28, 2010, 08:29 Zadig

The game was too disappointing to make me even contemplate reaching the original level cap. It's basically a severely limited console MMO crammed into a rail shooter.  

12. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 28, 2010, 04:16 Buckermann

Icewind wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 18:50:
I made the mistake of buying the Claptrap DLC because I thought it would have the level cap increase within it, but it doesn't. Since I don't want to waste the quest experience I'll get in it I've been letting it sit on my HD gathering dust. I won't play the new DLC until the cap is raised.
Exactly the same happened to me. I was totally sure that the DLC raised the level cap. Imagine my confusion when I noticed, after a hour or so of playing, that my experience didn't increased a bit. At first I thought that I may need to install a additional patch or maybe the DLC was corrupt. Then I noticed that the steam page for the DLC didn't mentioned any level cap increase. After some further reading on the intarweb, I have come to the conclusion that somebody, somewhere fooled me. Bastard.

And I'm (almost 100%) sure that I've read in various advertisements and press releases that this DLC would contain a cap increase.

11. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 20:40 necrosis

Any chance they will release the first two DLC sans the bullshit 5 install limit clusterfuck? No? Fuck this game.  

10. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 19:38 Rattlehead

Can't wait  

9. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 19:25 xXBatmanXx

I stopped playing with the latest DLC because I was level capped already, and didn't want to blow new content if I was going to have to level grind again. What I did play of the DLC threw insane amounts of rare loot at me.

I have had horrid experiences getting loot.....the game has thrown nothing but garbage at me....I was waiting for a good sale on the Claptrap DLC before playing more.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 19:16 DangerDog

justice7 wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 17:21:
What i want to see them fix, is the FOV problem on PC. This game gives me massive fish-eye and nausea; can't play it. There are INI tweaks, but they are sort of semi-fixes. There are still problems exiting/entering vehicles and your FOV jumping around like a madman.

I dont understand, they made this wonderful game but the PC port is pure garbage.

Yeah, and to think these idiots are making the next Duke Nukem game.

Urk

7. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 18:52 Flatline

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 18:02:
Eh, didn't this level increase patch already get released? Right before Claptrap's DLC was available???

Creston

Nope. I think they were intending to launch the patch just before the Claptrap DLC.

I stopped playing with the latest DLC because I was level capped already, and didn't want to blow new content if I was going to have to level grind again. What I did play of the DLC threw insane amounts of rare loot at me.

I've noticed that higher level weapons aren't necessarily better weapons in the game. The escalation of weapon ability/quality needs to be a little higher than it is at the current moment, because even in Diablo games you are updating *some* piece of equipment once or twice a level usually.

6. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 18:52 necrosis

I dont understand, they made this wonderful game but the PC port is pure garbage.
You obviously do not play a lot of PC games in the last 10 years. Horrible ports are to be expected. None of this should be any kind of a shock.

That aside, this game can kiss my ass. Adding DRM with limited lifetime installs on the DLC was just completely in bad taste.

5. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 18:50 Icewind

Creston wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 18:02:
Eh, didn't this level increase patch already get released? Right before Claptrap's DLC was available???

Creston

Well, it's funny you should mention this, since it's causing quite the stir in the official forums.

See, they originally said it would be released the same time as the GOTY version...it wasn't.

Then they said "October"...well, it wasn't.

Now they just say "November".

I made the mistake of buying the Claptrap DLC because I thought it would have the level cap increase within it, but it doesn't. Since I don't want to waste the quest experience I'll get in it I've been letting it sit on my HD gathering dust. I won't play the new DLC until the cap is raised.

4. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 18:02 Decoy

You and I must be playing completely different games.

3. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 18:02 Creston

Creston

2. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 17:21 justice7

What i want to see them fix, is the FOV problem on PC. This game gives me massive fish-eye and nausea; can't play it. There are INI tweaks, but they are sort of semi-fixes. There are still problems exiting/entering vehicles and your FOV jumping around like a madman.

1. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 17:18 Overon

It's always about the loot to get you to play more. You'd think that they were charging a subscription for this.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo