Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

LucasArts announces that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is now available for Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and DS. Here's word on the Star Wars action/adventure sequel:

In the sequel, Starkiller returns with over-the-top Force powers and embarks on a journey to discover his own identity and to reunite with his one true love, Juno Eclipse. Starkiller is once again the pawn of Darth Vader—but instead of training his protégée as a ruthless assassin, the dark lord is attempting to clone his former apprentice in an attempt to create the Ultimate Sith warrior. The chase is on – Starkiller is in pursuit of Juno and Darth Vader is hunting for Starkiller.

With all-new devastating Force powers and the ability to dual-wield lightsabers, Starkiller cuts a swath through deadly new enemies across exciting worlds from the Star Wars films - all in his desperate search for answers to his past.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 23:30 MuzixMon

I'm sure many would disagree but I really enjoyed "Republic Commando".A sequel to that would be nice "Imperial Commando", sure it won't happen though.  

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 19:13 Jackplug

who in their right mind is gonna buy this console port to pc bullshit game, honestly its about time that Lucas Arts got someone to make a proper decent FPS Starwars game for the pc!
Surely they must be tired of not making any money wot so ever..

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 18:00 banddirector

Don't know why, must have hit an untapped juvenile streak hidden in some recess of my mind, but that line just made me laugh as read aloud ("Eff You!") in my head

That's how I felt when I typed it ....

FU!!!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

33. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 17:45 MrBone

As a rule of thumb, there are no good ports...especially console to pc. Borderlands anyone?? This thing works very well on the 360 at least and the movies really smoke it.  

32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 16:54 ViRGE

Jerykk wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 22:17:
Yes, it's still capped at 30 FPS.
*scratches TFU2 off of the bargain bin list*

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 15:09 tgr

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 14:22:
It's pretty damn common, there's multiple threads a day on the Steam forums about it.

Ok. As I said, this is the first I've seen of it being worse than just "oh you have to wait a few days compared to the US". But again, if they don't want my money, that's fine by me.

The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that if I want to, I can buy FU2 as a physical copy in Norway, right now.

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 14:31 Ant

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 14:22:
tgr wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 07:37:
In movies, sure. In games? with that strong a wording? No. At worst I've seen "will be unlocked in 2 days" when USians are already playing the game, not just an unfriendly "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION!".

It's pretty damn common, there's multiple threads a day on the Steam forums about it. The US video game industry is US-focused, you're just going to have to accept it. Where is my US version of all those awesome German RPGs? Oh, I have to wait? ARG RAGE!
Region blockages suck, doesn't it? Stupid rules and agreements.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 14:22 StingingVelvet

tgr wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 07:37:
In movies, sure. In games? with that strong a wording? No. At worst I've seen "will be unlocked in 2 days" when USians are already playing the game, not just an unfriendly "NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION!".

It's pretty damn common, there's multiple threads a day on the Steam forums about it. The US video game industry is US-focused, you're just going to have to accept it. Where is my US version of all those awesome German RPGs? Oh, I have to wait? ARG RAGE!

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 11:31 SpectralMeat

kanniballl wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 11:23:
your rose-colored glasses make you fail

Ain't that the truth

Steam: SpectralMeat

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 11:23 kanniballl

Flatline wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 21:14:

Awesome... more whiffle bat lightsaber action!

Can we go get whoever was responsible over at Team Ninja for the silky-smooth brutal combat engine from Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 and have that person/group of people make a jedi game? They seem to know how to get "feeling badass" while presenting a great combat engine.

Ironically, such a game would probably feel more like the original star wars trilogy in lightsaber combat than the epileptics flipping out that we got in the prequels.

OK, I'm confused.

You say you want the Ninja Gaiden guys to make a cool and fluid-combat lightsaber game.

But then you say you ant the original trilogy's combat?

The original trilogy's fighting sequences were just about as good as any 10-year-old could do. Sure it looked cool on camera, but it was simplistic... especially Episode IV.

You don't need the Ninja Gaiden team for that.

To be honest, Ninja Gaiden was probably closer to the prequels (which you mock). The prequels at least modeled the fight moves out of various real sword fighting styles. Part Samurai, part fencing, etc.

I'm not saying one way worked better on film than the other. But The prequels were definitely closer to Ninja Gaiden style than the original trilogy.

It's like saying "I want them to make a space sim that looks like the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica's manuevers." When your rose-colored glasses make you fail to realize the original BSG just recycled the same 3 clips over-and-over.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 10:49 Ant

We need playable Windows demos of The Force games. :/  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 10:48 Tumbler

Don't know why, must have hit an untapped juvenile streak hidden in some recess of my mind, but that line just made me laugh as read aloud ("Eff You!") in my head. Maybe 'cause I just read a fanboy response to rumors of Lucas doing a new Star Wars trilogy, and such terminology was thrown around like a baby "competing" in a pro wrestling match.

LOL, I was scratching my head why this was offensive or funny, then I read it in my head, Fuck you, Fuck you, Fuck you!!!! Hahahaaa.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 10:48 InBlack

My biggest gripe with Star Wars universe in particular is how they play with canon. Nothing is fixed. George Lucas lets his writers write up pretty much everything. Jedi are everywhere, Sith are everywhere...the mystery of the original movies is lost somewhere along the way.

Too many epic characters and all you get is generic fantasy mish mash....

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 10:14 nin

............fuck this shit.

Pabst blue ribbon?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 10:12 Eldaron Imotholin

Jerykk wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 22:17:
Yes, it's still capped at 30 FPS.

............fuck this shit.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 07:37 tgr

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 06:38:
It's almost as if you aren't used to this by now.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 06:38 StingingVelvet

tgr wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 05:08:
It's almost like they don't even want me to give them money.

It's almost as if you aren't used to this by now.

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 05:08 tgr

Tried to see if it was available on steam yet. The page I found was: http://store.steampowered.com/app/32500/

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region"

It's almost like they don't even want me to give them money.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 03:51 Evil Timmy

Tumbler wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 20:10:
(SW FU, SW FU Sith, SW FU2)

Don't know why, must have hit an untapped juvenile streak hidden in some recess of my mind, but that line just made me laugh as read aloud ("Eff You!") in my head. Maybe 'cause I just read a fanboy response to rumors of Lucas doing a new Star Wars trilogy, and such terminology was thrown around like a baby "competing" in a pro wrestling match.

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Oct 27, 2010, 03:32 Dr. D. Schreber

banddirector wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 00:34:
Just read the Gamespot review of the first FU. *If* it worked on my PC, it sounds like a fun game, but their review ripped it for being such a crappy port.

If it's cheap maybe I can find a copy somewhere ...

Usually runs fine on a meaty rig, it just doesn't scale down at all.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo