Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LEGO Universe Launched

LEGO Group and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announce the official U.S. launch of LEGO Universe, the MMOG built brick-by-brick by NetDevil. Here's the dilio:

LEGO Universe offers nearly three thousand options to personalize your Minifigure, two thousand different LEGO bricks in any color you like, nine mini-games to master, six sprawling worlds to explore, four personal property areas to claim and customize… and the game is growing every day! In LEGO Universe, you can build anything you can dream up and literally bring it to life.

LEGO Universe is a living, breathing world that’s only just begun – the LEGO Group and NetDevil are already working on new worlds, missions, characters, competitions, bricks, models, features and fun to come over the next several months, years and beyond. Monthly game updates, additions and expansions are all included with regular subscription fee, so go ahead, get in game, and get ready to watch the LEGO Universe grow!

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 21:51 Tanto Edge

Uhh... too little too late.
Wtf are they thinking trying to get this to fly?
No chance. No hope. No way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 19:18 WyldKat

After checking out the beta over various times in the past year the game is just complete fail.

The original concept was that the players built the world, out of Lego. The game itself basically turned into one of those Lego action games, only not as fun or imaginative and the actual places you do get to build are teeeeny little parcels. Want to Co-Op build? Sorry. Want people to come see what you've built? Expect to have your build moderated, taking days to become "open" to visitors.

Sprawling Worlds? Try linear corridors of the same gameplay over and over.

It wouldn't be so bad if it were subscription free, but seeing how grossly misrepresented this game is you would be better off buying the Lego console games and playing them with your kids than this crapfest. The game doesn't appeal at all to adult fans of Lego and I honestly don't see how it will hold a child's interest for long as there really isn't much to do in the game.

You would be better off playing Minecraft or Blockland if you want to "play Legos".

6. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 16:58 fawker

I hope they are quick on the draw when the inevitable lego penises start showing up.. we all know how well this worked on spore..

also surprised they went with a open, albeit moderated and censored, chat system.. disney had a much better approach to this with emoticons..

this is shaping up to be some what pedo-bear friendly

5. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 13:53 Innocent

heh thinkin the same thing, my little boys'd LOVE this. might have to try it out.

4. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 13:18 sauron

Frijoles wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 12:51:
If not for the subscription fee, I'd probably play this with my four year old.

This, except my two are 5 and 7.

Make it F2P and you've got a winner.

Kittens!

3. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 12:51 Frijoles

I spent several hours in the beta. I think it'd be a lot of fun for their targeted age group. If not for the subscription fee, I'd probably play this with my four year old.  

2. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 12:13 Optional nickname

Had I been born recently, I could have saved my two front teeth from prying expensive lego pieces apart! I dunno, physical Legos vs MMO virtual Legos, each have pros and cons I suppose. Hands on building and exploring, vs ... touchless but limitless possibilities.. or like me! why not have done both! I may give this a try.  

1. Re: LEGO Universe Launched Oct 26, 2010, 11:57 Creston

Wow, this is launched already?

... subscription fee.

Creston

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo