Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

"Light at the End of the Tunnel" for APB?

Massively notes that the automatic patch utility for All Points Bulletin offers an interesting update about the defunct MMOFPS today, saying: "It's looking like there might be light at the end of the tunnel for APB. The end of the administration process is apparently close and there appears to be a buyer for the game." They also point out this was retweeted by Ben Bateman, and later note that he now works for Codemasters, prompting them to speculate that the game might now be in the hands of Codies. Bateman later tweets a clarification suggesting that this is not the case, using his 140 characters or less to say: "I now work for Codemasters so I'm out of the loop. I didn't update the patch notes. Only the admins can confirm anything."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Oct 26, 2010, 10:13 JoeNapalm

If they made it F2P and miraculously fixed it (without screwing it up even worse, which was the direction it was rapidly heading) and my old Clan leader was able to "get the band back together" so-to-speak...I'd play.

...At the very least I'd probably log back in long enough to take screenies of my avatars and vehicles. The customization system was the only thing that worked beyond all expectations.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: "Light at the End of the Tunnel" for APB? Oct 26, 2010, 09:32 Verno

This mediocre game didn't deserve half of the attention it received.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

13. Re: "Light at the End of the Tunnel" for APB? Oct 26, 2010, 07:39 ibm

It's just the bonfire ready for APB to be thrown onto.  

12. Re: Oct 26, 2010, 05:51 Dev

Kajetan wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 02:45:
TheDrifter73 wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 00:41:
Heck, they still sold HALO 1 for PC there, until about a month or so ago.
Why shouldn't they? It's Halo and you can play it whenever you want.
Not really. Didn't MS take the servers for a halo game down for good a few months ago?

11. Re: Oct 26, 2010, 02:45 Kajetan

TheDrifter73 wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 00:41:
Why shouldn't they? It's Halo and you can play it whenever you want.

10. Re: Oct 26, 2010, 00:41 .Drifter

My Walmart pulled it from shelves within 24 hours of the game closing.
Surprised the crap out of me, since that's the first time I can remember them pulling a game that fast.

9. Re: Oct 26, 2010, 00:08 Prez

While I was in Walmart the other day looking at their movie collection I breezed over to the PC game section just to browse (I never buy retail anymore). Lo and behold, APB is still for sale, at 50 bucks no less.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Oct 25, 2010, 23:11 Kosumo

well, I hope that teaches you to have a birthday ..... Confromist!  

7. Re: "Light at the End of the Tunnel" for APB? Oct 25, 2010, 22:51 |oR|jonvall

Pisses me off cause I got the game for my birthday in mid August and a couple of days later it was all over! ROFL!

The game was a blast though but did need work.....hopefully it comes back as a free to play game.....the deal they had going where you buy time instead of just paying for a month of playtime was ri-goddamn-diculous! I'm excited! Keeping my fingers crossed!

6. Re: Oct 25, 2010, 22:51 PHJF

It's just a freight train comin' your waaaaayyyyyyyyy  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Oct 25, 2010, 22:13 Esoteric

I got a free Mass Effect 2 out of the deal from EA, so I'm okay. I still think the game has potential as a team-based shooter, not an MMO. It never should have been marketed as an MMO. It did have some very fun moments to it.  

4. Re: Oct 25, 2010, 21:51 nin

I'm not a fan of the game but I hope it's true just so the customers can enjoy their purchase a bit longer.

It would be cool if it got the devs their jobs back, but I'd be shocked if that happened.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: "Light at the End of the Tunnel" for APB? Oct 25, 2010, 21:10 Hump

I'm not a fan of the game but I hope it's true just so the customers can enjoy their purchase a bit longer.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

2. Re: Oct 25, 2010, 20:47 Snozzle

The bad news is that the buyer is Bill Roper...  

1. Re: Oct 25, 2010, 20:08 SM0k3

Unless it's F2P like LOTR, I don't think most will care. Unless there are thinking about make an entire single player campaign out of it and given Codemasters reputation it will probably sucks to put it bluntly.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2010, 22:00.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo