Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned

Electronic Arts Forums gave a post from DICE community manager Daniel 'zh1nt0' Matros outlining plans for upcoming changes to the PC edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (thanks Ant via Planet Battlefield). He says this is, "just one part of a bigger list of updates that we are going to release very soon. This update will also require server downtime." Here are the changes they are revealing:

• One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart requirement removed.
  • One of the Insignia's requiring an unobtainable Bronze star for the tracer dart requirement removed.
  • Hit registration changes brought over from MOH to BC2; several bugfixes, the client<->server send rates have been increased, some of the hitboxes themselves have been changed. This will increase the accuracy of guns, but will not make much of a difference to the knife.
  • Removed the blue box behind the chat window.
  • The 2-second immunity when spawning/being revived can will now be immediately remove either by firing, zooming, or any movement (move, crouch, jump). Merely looking around will not remove the invulnerability. In essence: If a person moves, he is never invulnerable.
  • 3D vision fixed.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 26, 2010, 09:27 SpectralMeat

Sepharo wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 00:32:
ledhead1969 wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 00:19:
So my rank from BC2 carries over to Vietnam?

Of course now I can't find the official quote. But if you do a search there are plenty of people (without sources) claiming that, yes, you will still be adding to your current vanilla BC2 rank/xp.

I am not sure about your rank carrying over from BC2 to Vietnam but your XP points will carry over from Vietnam to BC2. That was confirmed in many video interviews with Dice.

Edit: Here is one video interview: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nycc-10-battlefield-bad/705837
Skip to about 2:10

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2010, 09:34.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 26, 2010, 00:32 Sepharo

ledhead1969 wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 00:19:

Of course now I can't find the official quote. But if you do a search there are plenty of people (without sources) claiming that, yes, you will still be adding to your current vanilla BC2 rank/xp.

34. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 26, 2010, 00:19 ledhead1969

33. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 22:31 LittleMe

Where's my cookie?  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

32. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 22:11 Virus

Where's my onslaught?  

31. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 19:10 Sepharo

ledhead1969 wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 19:04:
and then cost me my rank.

Nope.

30. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 19:04 ledhead1969

Exactly. Hardcore is for noobs. I just don't get why being 1-2 shot is any fun. For that reason regular BC2 rocks. Now where are the fucking new maps. Ohh yea, they will cost me $15 and then cost me my rank.  

29. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 18:15 ViRGE

Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 15:13:
Agreed, it's one of the main reasons I stopped playing. Most servers went to hardcore mode and hardcore mode itself isn't very fun nor "hardcore" even.
Ditto. I'm not sure when or how the mantra of kill/die easily, spend lots of time dead got confused for hardcore. UT, Tribes, Quake 3 are all "hardcore" games, and yet they don't base gameplay on dieing in a couple of shots and waiting to spawn.

28. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 17:09 Dev

Yeah, thats certainly some high quality Q&A there, not to see that an Insignia is unobtainable.  

27. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 15:48 xXBatmanXx

What the hell are you talking about? EA says HIT DETECTION. They don't say recoil anywhere. They're not changing recoil. There's no reason to change recoil. They never once suggested otherwise that they're changing recoil.

Medal of Honor, despite its other faults, has better hit detection that Bad Company 2. DICE used the same engine, and made improvements to how HIT DETECTION works. They're back-porting those specific improvements to Bad Company 2. This has absolutely nothing to do with recoil or other elements about how weapons "feel".

You may THINK the hit detection works - but again - in MoH you don't have recoil - sooooo...heh.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

26. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 15:13 Verno

Agreed, it's one of the main reasons I stopped playing. Most servers went to hardcore mode and hardcore mode itself isn't very fun nor "hardcore" even.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

25. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 15:07 bhcompy

Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:54:
I don't think it's quite that simple as other weapons need some rebalance in hardcore as well but either way hardcore is terrible right now. BC2 is one of the few games I've played where hardcore mode is punishing to good players and accommodating to "noobs", it's really ass backwards. Hardcore should be a step up for everyone equally in terms of challenge and difficulty, not artificially balanced around poorly implemented aspects of gameplay.

I agree, I was just pointing out the most glaring problem(to myself). And being accommodating to noobs is part of the whole LMG thing. At least with the noobtube you only get one shot at a time

24. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 15:02 Verno

You're gonna blow a gasket dude, calm down  

23. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 15:00 elefunk

eXFeLoN wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:30:
elefunk wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:15:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 13:56:
Well lets see....MoH has no recoil, and therefore, just like CS, it is all headshots and instant kills. (ie. see post 15)
Oh for fuck's sake, hit detection and recoil aren't the same in any way, shape, or form. Save your rage for when it's actually applicable. For now you're just pulling shit out of your ass and conflating two entirely unrelated concepts.

no recoil means aiming is simplified to the point a brain dead moron (see mirror for example) can make head shots. you know the part with the hit box. so they are kinda related concepts. and by related, i mean, having to do with each other. not like your uncle who touches you.
What the hell are you talking about? EA says HIT DETECTION. They don't say recoil anywhere. They're not changing recoil. There's no reason to change recoil. They never once suggested otherwise that they're changing recoil.

Medal of Honor, despite its other faults, has better hit detection that Bad Company 2. DICE used the same engine, and made improvements to how HIT DETECTION works. They're back-porting those specific improvements to Bad Company 2. This has absolutely nothing to do with recoil or other elements about how weapons "feel".

22. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 14:54 Verno

I don't think it's quite that simple as other weapons need some rebalance in hardcore as well but either way hardcore is terrible right now. BC2 is one of the few games I've played where hardcore mode is punishing to good players and accommodating to "noobs", it's really ass backwards. Hardcore should be a step up for everyone equally in terms of challenge and difficulty, not artificially balanced around poorly implemented aspects of gameplay.  

21. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 14:44 bhcompy

Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:09:
BFBC2 is only meant to be played 1 way - and that is hardcore, which at this moment, without this new "fix" - is just fine.

I don't know, hardcore might be more realistic but it's also far too accommodating to people with low skill ceilings right now. Given that the most played modes on many of the maps are literal meat grinders that force team efforts on particular objectives much like Counter-Strike, it's honestly more enjoyable to be able to take a bit of damage instead of being 1-2 shot by someone who is just spraying and praying. There's a bit of a throwback initiative in the community to go back to normal mode on many of the servers and I totally get why.

And that whole problem is caused by the fact that the LMGs are ridiculously overpowered with no overheating and enormous clip sizes. Hardcore server with the LMG spam is just terrible.

20. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 14:30 eXFeLoN

elefunk wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:15:
Well lets see....MoH has no recoil, and therefore, just like CS, it is all headshots and instant kills. (ie. see post 15)
Oh for fuck's sake, hit detection and recoil aren't the same in any way, shape, or form. Save your rage for when it's actually applicable. For now you're just pulling shit out of your ass and conflating two entirely unrelated concepts.

no recoil means aiming is simplified to the point a brain dead moron (see mirror for example) can make head shots. you know the part with the hit box. so they are kinda related concepts. and by related, i mean, having to do with each other. not like your uncle who touches you.

19. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 14:15 elefunk

18. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 14:09 Verno

BFBC2 is only meant to be played 1 way - and that is hardcore, which at this moment, without this new "fix" - is just fine.

I don't know, hardcore might be more realistic but it's also far too accommodating to people with low skill ceilings right now. Given that the most played modes on many of the maps are literal meat grinders that force team efforts on particular objectives much like Counter-Strike, it's honestly more enjoyable to be able to take a bit of damage instead of being 1-2 shot by someone who is just spraying and praying. There's a bit of a throwback initiative in the community to go back to normal mode on many of the servers and I totally get why.

17. Re: Bad Company 2 PC Changes Planned Oct 25, 2010, 13:58 Rattlehead

They tried changing the hitboxes on BFBC2 already, and they realized it was a HUGE mistake and changed it back.
They only changed the knife hitbox back

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo