Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2

Though it should have been obvious, we were not initially aware that yesterday's flood of YouTube clips were from the streaming coverage, so we'll hold off on further such clips until we're sure they are legitimate.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 13:25 eRe4s3r

25 missions about the faction i cared about the least (Yeah, the protoss missions were MUCH cooler). I never liked Terrans and after SC2 i absolutely refuse to ever play Terrans again. Kerrigan and the Zerg is where its at ;p

Besides i just do not like the gameplay in SC2. Basic Gameplay feels old and boring.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 10:31 Ant

Cram wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 01:52:
Ant: ... So there was a Beta for D2, which would make sense but again I know nothing about it.
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/blammo.pl?mode=archive&action=runsearch&search=diablo test&sorttype=1&go=Go!&sortkey=t&sortdir=d&sortlimit=0&show=50 (May 2000; thanks Blue for helping me find the old posts).

Ugh. I remember it was in the summer, and I was working for a dotcom company. Hehe.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2010, 10:52.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

19. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 09:43 Elessar

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 16:17:
But blizzard found a way to make people pay 3 times for the same game and to have an excuse to work for 6 years on the same game without actually doing anything new or innovative. Clearly that is an Achievement.
I can't believe the amount of bitching I'm seeing over this. Just because they released a 3 campaign game, with much lower production value 10 years ago, doesn't mean they have to follow that same format today. Are you all even considering the actual play time and value the game provides?

I played through all of sc2 in an equitable amount of time most other singleplayer games provide. Not to mention all of the replay value with MP if that's your thing. Considering this, you guys should be bitching about almost every game that's released.

I hate over-capitalism as much as anyone else, but this isn't nearly as bad as some other situations I've seen.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

18. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 08:50 eunichron

Ant wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 01:42:
OK, how about this? Remember WoW open stress and beta tests? Remember how that went?
I remember the beta servers being fine, and then not being able to play for two weeks... and then come launch, a month later I had an extra free month of game time! The joys of MMO launches.

17. removed Oct 25, 2010, 04:19 Mcx Tips

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 25, 2010, 08:32.

16. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 01:52 Cram

Ant: I remember the week after I picked up my Collectors Edition of D2, of which I listened to the soundtrack CD 700 times in that week, Battle.net was a mess. Couldn't create a game for hours, getting kicked out of games over and over. It was disasterous.

I remember the very first time I fought Duriel. I was pumped. I got kicked out of the game 10 seconds into it. It was...good times/not

Honestly can't say I know anything about WoW's tests. I only got into WoW half-way through Burning Crusade, and thankfully got out of WoW about 5 seconds after my guild and I killed LichKing10 and I deleted all my chars and account.

So there was a Beta for D2, which would make sense but again I know nothing about it.

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2010, 03:13.

15. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 01:42 Ant

Cram wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 01:31:
Anyone on Bluesnews been around since the Diablo II "Stress Test"? Talk to me. Remember how, despite the stress test, the week D2 was released Battle.net was a complete lag fail shitshow?

Remember how that test destroyed Battle.net, consistently? My knowledge of D2 development before that test is limited to whatever Computer Gaming World told me. Was there a beta? Was anyone involved in that beta? If it existed, please tell me all about it as I'm very interested. When/Where/How etc and all that. What changed, what didn't etc.

I personally don't see this game coming out till 3rd to 4th quarter 2012. Hopefully 3rd quarter so I can enjoy the game for a bit before some crazy shit happens and we all die for some reason in December.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 00:01:
Does that mean Diablo 3 is going to be a 2013(or later) release?

Cram: I was there, but I don't remember that lagfest. I DO remember GameSpot.com web site not loading due to people trying to get into beta! Haha. I got lucky and got in.

OK, how about this? Remember WoW open stress and beta tests? Remember how that went?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

14. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 01:31 Cram

Anyone on Bluesnews been around since the Diablo II "Stress Test"? Talk to me. Remember how, despite the stress test, the week D2 was released Battle.net was a complete lag fail shitshow?

Remember how that test destroyed Battle.net, consistently? My knowledge of D2 development before that test is limited to whatever Computer Gaming World told me. Was there a beta? Was anyone involved in that beta? If it existed, please tell me all about it as I'm very interested. When/Where/How etc and all that. What changed, what didn't etc.

I personally don't see this game coming out till 3rd to 4th quarter 2012. Hopefully 3rd quarter so I can enjoy the game for a bit before some crazy shit happens and we all die for some reason in December.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 00:01:

13. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 25, 2010, 00:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ok, I've already written off the expansions/other parts of Starcraft 2 as a complete waste of money.

However, 2012 as a release target for SC2 part 2?!?

I'm assuming they won't release anything in 2011 to make sure they get the most possible money out of Cataclysm...

12. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 23:04 Veterator

When they finally get done releasing all the SC2 packs, will there be a GOTD (Game of the Decade) version that includes all 3 packs, patches, and additions about 8 years from now?

11. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 21:58 psulli

I think of this as Blizzard trying to build the legs into SC2 that SC had ... and earn money off of it this time. They are trying to keep the game relevant for years so that pros can count on prize money for skills that take time to develop.

That and because they want to swim in piles of doubloons Scrooge McDuck style..

10. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 21:49 MrBone

Supply and Demand. If suckers will pay $200 for the full game...why not do it. Their crying while passing over the cash reeks of irony. Acti...I mean Blizzard is a business and will do any thing it takes to rake in the cash. Note all those drones at Blizzcon. I had to laugh watching them sit in front of the monitors all day long.  

9. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 20:40 Ant

Rigs wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 20:34:
And Mrs. Blue, Gunnar, and Hudson. Maybe Frans too.

Don't forget the 'vast right-wing conspiracy' that funds the whole thing...

=-Rigs-=
UGO? Ads.?

8. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 20:34 Rigs

Don't forget the 'vast right-wing conspiracy' that funds the whole thing...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

7. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 18:23 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 16:19:
we were not initially aware that yesterday's flood of YouTube clips were from the streaming coverage

Who is this "we"? I always imagined Blue did the site by himself...

6. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 17:18 FloorPie

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 16:17:
But blizzard found a way to make people pay 3 times for the same game and to have an excuse to work for 6 years on the same game without actually doing anything new or innovative. Clearly that is an Achievement.

No, no. You didn't lose out! SC2 (part one) had 29 missions!

5. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 16:29 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 16:19:
we were not initially aware that yesterday's flood of YouTube clips were from the streaming coverage

That would be the "royal we"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we

Er... the editorial we

4. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 16:19 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 16:17 eRe4s3r

2. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 2 Oct 24, 2010, 15:25 ColoradoHoudini

So outside of the new D3 character, have we heard anything interesting from this Blizzcon at all?

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo