Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1

Thanks Ant.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 25, 2010, 09:59 Fibrocyte

Mcboinkens wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 14:01:
I don't even see how it happened. Looked like he tweaked both ankles, I don't see how his knee was injured, which is what he was pointing at. Can someone enlighten me on this injury?

Sorry, but this time you're going to have to do all the leg work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 14:01 Mcboinkens

I don't even see how it happened. Looked like he tweaked both ankles, I don't see how his knee was injured, which is what he was pointing at. Can someone enlighten me on this injury?  

33. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 13:39 El Pit

If you don't like making fun at the "legitimately mentally challenged", then why do you like jokes about Palin?

About the whole "BlizzCon" thing: what the hell? Only nerds pay to "participate" in such an event. I mean who would pay money to finally meet the WoW support crew face to face? Or would dance the Death Knight while being struck by Breaking Bones for 1,000,000 hit points? It must be worth the money to finally say to some WoW programmer "No, I hate it how you nerfed my class. Gimme back my uber skills, I want to dominate the WORLD! It's all I got, in real life I'm a damned loser." Most of the people there look like Thurman Merman. Know who I mean? If not, go and watch "Bad(der) Santa" NOW. Best - christmas - movie - ever, only rivaled by "Christmas Vacation" and "Scrooged".

I guess I'm getting too old for all of this. I only want to play games, I don't give a damn about some id Expo or BlizzCon or EA Show or whatever. I want them to make games, that's all. For the PC. For keyboard and mouse.

On the other hand: taking the money from the nerds ain't such a bad thing. They want to give, so let them.

Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 11:48:
Laughing at the fat? Fun.
Laughing at the stupid? Fun.
Laughing at the legitimately mentally challenged? Not fun.

This is why I didn't find all the Alvin Green jokes funny yet find all the Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell ones to be gold.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

32. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 13:14 Akuinnen

heroin wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 02:11:
Haha, yeah man. I love Blizzard and WoW... watching the fans is entertaining/sickening. Like watching Jerry Springer or Cops. Man mutants mixed with a couple of hottie nerd babes. Reminds me of being into hardcore as a kid. So many freaks of nature... I tried to ignore them and just appreciate the music in my own context. Same goes for WoW. Man, I've played Warcraft games for a long time but still have no idea about Warcraft lore.

Yeah, wow, I didn't realize people took Warcraft so seriously. Now I have some faces for the people who wipe groups and rage quit while calling everyone noobs.

31. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 12:36 Kxmode

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 23, 2010, 13:12:
HAHAHHAHA that fat fuck did indeed break his leg.. hahahahahah
hit the gym once in a while, fatty!

That wasn't nice. Why would you laugh at someone who broke their leg?

30. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 12:14 Muscular Beaver

Holy crap, they lifted him by grabbing his legs when he broke it? WTF???
Maybe he can sue Blizzard for some phat cash.

Anyways, I just started playing WoW again and holy crap that new patch made the game unbelievably buggy in many ways. I seriously wonder how it got out of early beta... Not to mention the HUGE balance issues.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2010, 12:33.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

29. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 11:48 Beamer

Laughing at the fat? Fun.
Laughing at the stupid? Fun.
Laughing at the legitimately mentally challenged? Not fun.

This is why I didn't find all the Alvin Green jokes funny yet find all the Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell ones to be gold.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

28. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 09:54 PHJF

Cram I don't think the "normal" Diablo players would go to Blizzcon.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

27. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 07:34 Fibrocyte

The kid needed this in his life. He looks like he never leaves his computer chair. Hopefully this will make him realize he needs to start living life like a normal kid and getting out to do some physical activity every once in a while (his parents should be ashamed, too). He can have WoW in his life and still get some day-to-day physical activity.  

26. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 05:23 ibm

Just as well he was onstage infront of thousands of people, otherwise without adrenalin he might've actually felt the pain.

Although I imagine the way they helpfully manipulated his injured leg and knee when they carried him off didn't help much.

"Get him off the stage quick we have more nerds waiting to show how tragic they are"

25. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 02:11 heroin

Haha, yeah man. I love Blizzard and WoW... watching the fans is entertaining/sickening. Like watching Jerry Springer or Cops. Man mutants mixed with a couple of hottie nerd babes. Reminds me of being into hardcore as a kid. So many freaks of nature... I tried to ignore them and just appreciate the music in my own context. Same goes for WoW. Man, I've played Warcraft games for a long time but still have no idea about Warcraft lore.  

24. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 01:35 Cram

Defending of some useless topic aside, I watched the Q&A session for D3 on Youtube (link not among those in this news post, but will probably show up tomorrow). Not a single person asked a REMOTELY good question. What a god damn waste of an hour. Add to that, the physical appearances of these people made me sad. Really really sad. It was embarassing watching these people ask questions with their ridiculous and socially awkward mannerisms among other things.

I felt bad for half the D3 panel, who ended up not saying a word over the whole hour because everyone kept on asking about Dyes for armor and ridiculous PVP questions that had literally already been answered during the PVP announcement yesterday. I almost feel bad for anyone, who like me is a Diablo fanatic, who paid $40 for the Diablo aspect of Blizzcon on DirectTV. I only don't because you paid $40 for nothing that wasn't almost immediately released on Youtube minutes/hours later. Also, the opening ceremonies where the big Demon Hunter announcement was made ended up being free. Now I'm off topic; what was the point of paying $40 for Blizzcon DirectTV? The cataclysm panels were filled with old info, the Q&A's were filled with bitter and/or uninformed fans.

Watching WoW fans attempt to get into arguments with the development team because they don't like what they're doing with the Paladin and/or Hunter just made me feel embarrassed to be a gamer.

/rant

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2010, 02:05.

23. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 01:17 ColoradoHoudini

Yes, people hurting themselves is funny.. he didnt die, he went on stage at Blizzcon and started dancing like a fool and then blew out a wheel.. that is funny!
Bob Kelly - I broke my knee man
The grape stomping journalist and her "oow ooow ooow" cry
dads getting hit in the junk from pitching to their kids
me, snowboarding.. and crashing
the fat black girl singing and then crashing on her ass after stepping on the coffee table..
you never laughed at anyone ever hurting themselves? Liar.

Now, had it been a Rutgers football player getting paralyzed.. no. Meriweather hitting me helmet to helmet.. nope. But a modicum of injury in a funny context no less, yes, that comedy.

22. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 00:31 Sepharo

ColoradoHoudini wrote:

When we can no longer laugh at the fat and mentally challenged, I no longer want to be part of this world.

QFT

21. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 24, 2010, 00:03 Fion

SirKnight wrote on Oct 23, 2010, 19:23:
Even though he came down kind of crooked, that should not have caused a break. Maybe a minor sprain in the ankle but that's it.

Actually you would be amazed how easy it is to break a bone. As that kid demonstrated landing on your leg wrong with a bit of weight and an odd angle can easily fracture your leg. You don't have to be overweight (I don't think he was all that fat myself) you just have to be unlucky.

20. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 21:41 PHJF

Apparently you've never heard of America's Funniest Home Videos. Or Jackass.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

19. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 21:31 Krovven

It was fucking funny..

I found neither him breaking his leg (if that what it actually was rather than MCL tear) or your comments funny. Apparently others misfortune and pain is your kind of comedy?

18. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 21:31 LIQUID-SEX

So I take it you guys would genetically splice the intelligence from somewhere else?  

17. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 21:18 CJ_Parker

If I were a chick I'd ask Houdini to have my baby so we could create a new super-intelligent elite troll race *sigh*

16. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 20:51 Overon

Little kids getting hurt is not funny to me. Clearly your mileage may vary.  

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo