Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

• Fallout: New Vegas on IGN.
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade on GameSpot.
  • Sam & Max Season 3 Episode 4 on PC Gamer.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Game Reviews Oct 24, 2010, 16:23 eRe4s3r

Sorry Acleacius but i have no idea what else it could be doing to save it. Ghostery deletes these cookies definitely but... it could be that you have to have a different IP to also trick the server memory. Likely it sees that your IP matches and reinstates the cookie.

Theres another plugin for firefox that really purges all cookies /Flash etc. from your entire computer so if all fails you ought to google for that.. i don't know what it was called though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Game Reviews Oct 24, 2010, 16:14 Eldaron Imotholin

As for Fallout New Vegas...

...from the whole game I dislike New Vegas the most. It is utmost boring. It's all bla-bla-blaaaaaa-bla-bla-blaa-bla to a point that I just wanna shoot everybody's head off. In fact, I occasionally quicksaved and did exactly that.

Also, I fucking hate playing cards in real life so the focus they put into that gambling shit in Fallout New Vegas is a big waste for ppl like me.

After a few days of playing my final verdict is that this game is an average 7/10. It's definitely fun, but I've seen all the good stuff before in 2008.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

11. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 23:46 Acleacius

Eldaron Imotholin I might give iexplorer a try. I do a custom OS install to move Program Files, Docs and Settings of the main C drive partition to prevent fragmentation. Also pretty much shut down win media player and iexplorer so they are not updated at all nor do they really have access to get out. It might be a little too risky just for a bit of entertainment from a review.

Checked the Registry no listing for ign.com, so it must be a cache or cookie issue. All cookies are good to delete, right? They get replaced next time you visit a site and passwords are a separate setting iirc.

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 23, 2010, 21:21:
Eight months for Acleacius and four years for Eldaron sounds 'bout right .
Haha, that's funny fetus!

I still say F:NV is GOTY so far mainly becasue they released the tools, anything above and beyond is icing. I am defiantly waiting for someone to crack the ending to give us Free Play and Alternate start might be fun too.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 23:02 Mark

I hope I haven't broken a quest by stumbling upon (spoiler) the freaky Vault 23. I explored that place, but seemed to get to a point where it wouldn't let me venture further.  

9. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 21:52 Eldaron Imotholin

I agree, but after 200.000 times it's bound to go wrong once... evidently.

As for Fallout New Vegas... the game is great, but I think it's worse in one thing than Fallout 3 and that's doing or finishing quests that you haven't yet officially accepted yet. This is a free roam game but I feel like I'm bugging the game if I'm exploring freely.... which is bad.

Take Nelson for example. I had no idea if it was a person or an area, yet Boone warned me that we were "nearing Nelson" and that he would "kill the first Legion" dude he comes across. I was like: "Say what..?".

And that wasn't the first nor last time.

The last time, for me, was a few minutes ago when I quit the game to go to bed. I came across this "Anders" guy hanging on a cross begging me to get him loose. I couldn't do it because I didn't have the quest to save him yet! Ridiculous!

8. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 21:21 CJ_Parker

This is the web 3.0 you tards. It has built-in auto-detection of a person's mental capabilities and maturity. Eight months for Acleacius and four years for Eldaron sounds 'bout right .

n00bs

7. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 20:23 Eldaron Imotholin

I have that same problem but with the The Witcher website. I used my scroll-button on my mouse to scroll down to the age of somewhere around 1930 (simplest. just give your scroller a tug and you're sure you're "old enough" if not 110 years old) but for some reason it didn't register the scroll... and I ended up being 4 years old.

Now everytime I wanna enter the The Witcher website the site throws me to the Czech site of CDProjekt.

Opening that site in IExplorer works though. So that should work for you too, OP.

6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 20:09 Acleacius

Thanks eRe4s3r gave it a try and seems like a great idea, but sadly it still blocks me, even made sure I deleted the cookie in Firefox first. Maybe it's tracking my IP and/or MAC address?

Jerykk I agree it obviously has it's downsides *cough, cough*, think it's presumed to be some form of legal defense against protection against minors.

Obviously it's a bit flawed, in it's presentation and application.

Wonder if I could uninstall Flash, then reinstall?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 18:39 Beamer

It's to try to shut people up that say they should be doing more.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 18:28 Jerykk

I still don't understand the point of age gates online. Is there a law that requires them? If not, why bother? There's no way to actually verify the user's age so it's a complete and utter waste of time.  

3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 17:52 eRe4s3r

Its using a flash cookie so you need an plugin that wipes them clean. Those damned cookies can NOT be deleted by clearing cookies normally in the browser.

The Plugin you want is Ghostery, it wipes Silverlight and Flash cookies on browser-close (among other features..) so it should work.. p

2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 15:25 Ecthelion

Why don't you try another browser?

Sorry, not very helpful I know, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 23, 2010, 15:14 Acleacius

Anyone know how ign works, in tracking your supposed age?

I entered 1/1/2010, before any brain cells were working first thing in the morning. So now ign thinks I am 8 months old (I know prodigy at computers at 8 months, what can I say) and won't let me view the Fallout NV.

I tried deleting their cookie in Firefox (options/privacy/show cookies) called IGN but it puts an new one when I hit the page, still not allowing access.

Thanks.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo