Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month

2K Games announces a November 23 release date for the Joe's Adventures add-on for Mafia II, also revealing the price of the expansion for the open-world crime sequel from 2K Czech as $9.99/800 Microsoft Points. Here's a bit on what it will offer:

Joes Adventures offers an engaging narrative and allows players to explore new locations, including a train station, the cathouse, a boat yard, a seasonally changing lakefront and some never-before-seen buildings in Empire Bay. This exciting new chapter in the Mafia II saga includes new clothing, 20 new Playboy collectibles and even more classic 40s and 50s music. In addition to the story-based missions, Joes Adventures opens up a slew of optional city-based quests packed with arcade action gameplay and a points-based system that allows players to move up the ranks on the online leaderboard through combos and multiplier bonuses.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 24, 2010, 11:20 wrlwnd

Sounds like this may be the new business model for a lot of companies.

Release a game with minimal content at full price for the suckers who have no self control.

Then release the proper game a half year later for the rest of us.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 23, 2010, 06:25 Sempai

Suck my balls 2k.

No more..

12. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 23, 2010, 00:09 Stolk

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 23:26:

I liked Joe. I hope that his missions are as well written as the main game ones. If so, I'll probably pick this up.

I'll wait for the $2.49 steam sale.

You'll be wasting your money.

11. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 23:32 Creston

Yeah, I didn't mean I'd pick it up on release day. I'm sure FO:NV will keep me busy for a few months.

Creston

10. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 23:26 nin

I liked Joe. I hope that his missions are as well written as the main game ones. If so, I'll probably pick this up.

I'll wait for the $2.49 steam sale.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 23:17 Acleacius

SBT(sad, but true)Dev, in another 6 months a year at the most the game will probably be fully released.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 22:08 Dev

I'm glad I waited on this one, looks like they took out a ton of content for the DLC. I'll be buying the GOTY version probably. I bought borderlands when it first came out, and I enjoyed it but I shoulda waited for the GOTY for that too heh. In fact, thats a big reason why I waited, 2k made them both and I saw what they did on borderlands (although I felt like they added stuff on borderlands DLC more than take away like I feel they are doing with mafia), such as make the whole thing available later at $10 for game and $10 for all DLC. $20 for the GOTY version is about what I'm wanting to pay.  

7. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 20:15 Mashiki Amiketo

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 15:25:
Cue Amiketo foot stomping and tears...
Wow nin, never expected you to figure out how to climb up the douchebag ladder but you're doing a pretty good job on it. Don't worry, you don't have to buy what should have been in the game.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 19:36 Creston

Creston

5. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 16:29 cronik

bring it on baby!  

4. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 15:44 Acleacius

What a waste.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 15:25 nin

Cue Amiketo foot stomping and tears...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 15:13 Kxmode

Can I refuse this offer?  

1. Re: Mafia II Joe's Adventures Next Month Oct 22, 2010, 15:12 StingingVelvet

Considering the game was best at telling a story and immersing you in the world this was the only DLC they should have done. The "jimmy" stuff was all about the lesser parts of the Mafia 2 experience.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo