Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quote of the Day

Peter Molyneux on MCV: "I am a designer and I shouldn’t stand up and say everything is wonderful and shiny and great and we made the greatest game ever, because we didn’t. Being inspired by your mistakes is one way of breaking into that triple-A club. It will always be my consistent dream to break into that club. I’ve made a lot of good games, but never a great game."

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 10:26 Kxmode

Peter 10:21 "It will always be my consistent dream to break"
Peter 10:21 "Being inspired by your mistakes is one way of breaking"
Peter 10:21 "I shouldn’t stand up"

I think Peter is trying to tell us something...

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2010, 10:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 10:19 Elessar

Prez wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 00:37:
Nothing beats the song the little dudes were singing around the fire about needing some wood. I LMAO'd!
Dude! To this day, that song is still stuck in my head. It pops up out of nowhere and it has been years.

To make matters worse, here's a youtube of it. p.s. Never realized how much they looked like hobbits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0x4Kw_y4fg

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

22. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 08:07 gilly775

LittleMe wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 21:08:
Bhruic wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 21:00:
Say what you will about him these days, Populous was a fucking amazing game, and definitely, imo, worthy of "AAA" status.

And IMO, Powermonger was an improvement on top of Populous.

Powermonger was REALLY good. Had many months of fun with that one

21. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 06:59 Fibrocyte

peteham wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 06:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 23:59:
Beamer I whore-heartily agree with you.
Trying to decide if this was a joke/reference that went straight past me, or the funniest typo I've seen in a while

I noted that, too. The only logical conclusion I could come to is that Half Elf is also Half Whore.

20. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 06:27 peteham

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 23:59:
Beamer I whore-heartily agree with you.
Trying to decide if this was a joke/reference that went straight past me, or the funniest typo I've seen in a while

19. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 05:18 Golwar

Good old Peter left me sceptical about everything that involves him, since he did Black & White.
Populous & Powermonger were simply great. Syndicate and Magic Carpet - I loved those, but he only was the producer and not the designer of them. So overall, the last great game that Peter designed was Populous 2 in 1991!

Yeah, some might add Dungeon Keeper. But as mentioned previously, DK was funny threw its setting. But from the game design aspect & influence on the industry it was imho rather mediocre.

18. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 03:28 D_K_night

mag wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 01:28:
D_K_night wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 01:21:
So where's the game with the creepy boy that Peter promised would be the next big thing, using Kinect?

There was a blurb the other week saying that it had been canceled.

I really wonder just how much you could really do with that tech demo. What happened if you swore or said profane things? Probably not much of any response. It just seemed far too scripted to have any real intelligence at all.

17. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 01:28 mag

D_K_night wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 01:21:
So where's the game with the creepy boy that Peter promised would be the next big thing, using Kinect?

There was a blurb the other week saying that it had been canceled.

16. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 01:21 D_K_night

15. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 01:13 Alamar

Nothing beats the song the little dudes were singing around the fire about needing some wood. I LMAO'd!

eidle eidle eee...

Good times...

-Alamar

14. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 00:44 derelict koan

Say what you will about him these days, Populous was a fucking amazing game, and definitely, imo, worthy of "AAA" status.

My first thought too

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

13. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 00:37 Prez

mag wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 00:29:
I actually really enjoyed Black & White. There was a lot of goofiness with the mechanics of the game itself, but it really was pretty incredible. I remember one time I was picking up villagers and simply dropping them onto their roofs (they wouldn't die but I'd get a lot of belief out of it), and my creature trots along and sees me doing it. So he grabs the nearest villager and *chucks* him at a house as hard as he can. The villager bounces off and goes flying across the map. So I smack the big dumb tiger around a little--and like the petulant asshole he was, he immediately grabbed another villager and flung him off into the distance too. So I smacked him around some more, and he never did it again.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 00:29 mag

I actually really enjoyed Black & White. There was a lot of goofiness with the mechanics of the game itself, but it really was pretty incredible. I remember one time I was picking up villagers and simply dropping them onto their roofs (they wouldn't die but I'd get a lot of belief out of it), and my creature trots along and sees me doing it. So he grabs the nearest villager and *chucks* him at a house as hard as he can. The villager bounces off and goes flying across the map. So I smack the big dumb tiger around a little--and like the petulant asshole he was, he immediately grabbed another villager and flung him off into the distance too. So I smacked him around some more, and he never did it again.  

11. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 00:21 Prez

Peter Molyneux wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 00:13:
I’ve made a lot of good games, but never a great game. But my next game is going to be the greatest, bestest game ever!!!!"

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 22, 2010, 00:13 Icewind

Dungeon Keeper was pure genius, he shouldn't sell himself short.

Now his current gen stuff is mostly dumbed down kiddie-shit, but his god games? Awesome stuff. Especially the first DK.

9. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 21, 2010, 23:59 The Half Elf

Beamer wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 21:34:
His comments always amuse me, too. I never take him as a salesman, just a guy that really, really, really loves what he's creating.

He's made comments several times in the past year or two about needing to be more realistic in his comments, but I think he's usually just so incredibly excited.

Taken with a grain of salt he's awesome.

Beamer I whore-heartily agree with you. I think he's one of the last few big names guys who's just soooooo damn happy to be doing what he's doing that he tends to get wrapped up in it.

He's sorta the Willy Wonka of Game Developers.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 21, 2010, 23:58 jdreyer

Bullfrog was the bomb back in the day: Syndicate, Magic Carpet, and Dungeon Keeper were not only amazing games, but genre pushing innovations.

And more recently, the Fable series is shaping up rather nicely with its own improvements and innovations. Now, if only they would release a PC version...

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

7. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 21, 2010, 23:20 ASeven

LittleMe wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 21:08:

And IMO, Powermonger was an improvement on top of Populous.

This man speaks the truth.

6. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 21, 2010, 22:11 Sepharo

I just found out he's English, for some reason I thought he was French.

Was actually going to make some comment about how I always read his quotes in my head with a French accent but decided to check first. Welp, only been doing that for 10 years or so.

5. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 21, 2010, 21:34 Beamer

His comments always amuse me, too. I never take him as a salesman, just a guy that really, really, really loves what he's creating.

He's made comments several times in the past year or two about needing to be more realistic in his comments, but I think he's usually just so incredibly excited.

Taken with a grain of salt he's awesome.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo