Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced

A new Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam trailer shows off the upcoming Bad Company 2 expansion that takes the military shooter into Southeast Asia. The clip shows off combat and vehicles, and concludes revealing the price point for the DLC, which is $14.99/1200 MS Points. Thanks VG247.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 22, 2010, 04:22 xXBatmanXx

I thought it would be 20+, so I am surprised, but still bummed we don't have control to do our own thing with mods....just feels like they are screwing gamers on this....

That being said, 15 is reasonable for the HUNDREDS of hours I put into the game, and looks like I put in about 4-5 hours this week as well.

Looking forward to it since I don't have to start from level 1 again. Had they made everyone start over, it probably would have been a skip.

I am glad to see the M1 now works in BFBC2. Only took them 3+ months to figure that out.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 23:31 DangerDog

Mcboinkens wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 19:24:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 17:57:
4 maps and new skins, bah

New player models, new vehicles, probably new weapon models, new sounds, added music to vehicles.

As he said, new skins. You think the new vehicles and weapons are actualy going to be new? They're going to be the same thing with a different skin. The sounds will be VERY similar(see BC2 vs MoH), and the music to vehicles will rarely be used(See BF:Vietnam).

I thought this was going to be a free mod. This is "SSDD." Or, SSDS. (same s#!*, different skins.)

Did you watch the trailer, it's not just "same thing with a different skin."

A free mod Rotfl

15. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 20:36 Sepharo

/me applauds a reasonable DLC price for an FPS.  

14. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 19:24 Mcboinkens

DangerDog wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 17:57:

New player models, new vehicles, probably new weapon models, new sounds, added music to vehicles.

As he said, new skins. You think the new vehicles and weapons are actualy going to be new? They're going to be the same thing with a different skin. The sounds will be VERY similar(see BC2 vs MoH), and the music to vehicles will rarely be used(See BF:Vietnam).

I thought this was going to be a free mod. This is "SSDD." Or, SSDS. (same s#!*, different skins.)

13. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 17:57 DangerDog

12. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 17:45 fatguy

11. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 17:03 Shataan

It sure would be nice if a dev team with some balls would make an actual Vietnam game. Not JUST 4 measely maps.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2010, 18:30.

10. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 16:38 Tumbler

$15 doesn't sound too bad, I was afraid it'd be $30 to be honest. But luckily they're trying to be competitive. If it's full of new weapons and vehicles that is a good price for this pack.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 14:29 DangerDog

It's 4 maps, no word yet if you'll have higher ranks to achieve in this add-on.

I'll pick it up, I just hope they unlock all 4 maps for the various game modes right off the start.

8. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 13:56 Linksil

I'm wondering how many maps we'll get from this. Esp after the last game came with everything already on the CD and just had to unlock for "free" map packs. Will prob still get this since I've been still playing BC2.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

7. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 13:18 LemonJoose

This is how a $15 DLC expansion pack should be done. Sounds like good value for the money, unlike Activision's $15 rip-off map packs for Modern Warfare 2.  

6. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 12:43 JayDeath

The price seems reasonable to me. I am excited for this one as I haven't stopped playing BC2.  
Steam: Henry Krinkle

5. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 12:39 eRe4s3r

How to resolve a major hack properly.

1) collect data over a week or longer, better a month, don't fix anything
2) once you have them all and all their accounts - start PB Bans of people using the hack currently (but not in 1)
3) wait for retarded hackers to remove member access and update their hack
4) Global Ban everyone you collected in 1 all at once after hack retards in 3 updated their hacks.
5) rejoice as hack retards don't get how they could get banned.
6) ???
7) Evil Laughter and many n00b hacker suicides = Profit.

Also i would (as Dice Anti-Cheat exterminator) regularly release hacks under false flag - collect n00bs and wipe their serial and account info on a friday evening and refuse their email across the whole EA network. So that they can not even post about it in official forums.

The only way to fight cheats is by "Infiltrate and Exterminate" tactics. Sadly Dice does not take it serious and neither does EA.

Is it wrong to wish massive torture, misfortune and death onto cheaters?

4. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 12:05 jsmith

Has DICE resolved the teleport hack yet in BC2 & MOH?  

3. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 11:17 fujiJuice

I would also like to add, where the hell is onslaught for pc, looked fun?  

2. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 11:15 SpectralMeat

Also the points you earn in Vietnam transfers over to your BC2 vanilla gamer profile. I thought that was a nice feature. I'll probably end up getting this also. I like BC2 even though I suck at it.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 11:12 fujiJuice

Would of been happier with free or $10 or less, but with as much time and enjoyment I have gotten out of BC2 I think I'll bite.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo