Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout: New Vegas Patched

As noted on the Bethesda Blog, the first patch for Fallout: New Vegas is now available automatically through Steam, where word is: "This update fixes quest and scripting issues." They say they are working on getting the console versions of Obsidian's RPG sequel patched as soon as possible, and also announce that the issue with PlayStation 3 digital preorder bonuses is now resolved.

View
104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

104. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 25, 2010, 18:24 Dev

Gamestop is having a 15% off in stock merchandise (with free shipping) and oddly enough has the PC collectors edition in stock, so I'm gonna order it. Finally they are going to take my money. I wish it was amazon, but 15% is 15%.

They announce the code on the front page, but in case anyone wants it:
15SHIP

I think I'll pick up the collectors strat guide too.

Oh hey, I wanted the limited edition plants vs zombies (to get the figure) too, and I haven't seen that on sale anywhere.

Edit:
Amazon has the collectors strat guide for $20 so its much cheaper there

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2010, 18:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

103. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 25, 2010, 18:23 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 18:07:
Dev wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 18:02:
Bhruic wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 08:23:
There's a nice little easter egg from original Star Wars in Nipton too.
Thats one of the dozen or so wild encounters if you choose that trait.
Good stuff

What were the balloons up on the cliff early in the game in reference to?
The ones near the fallen radio tower? I saw that too, I was wondering the same thing. It was also a wild encounter since it had the music and the ... on screen.

102. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 25, 2010, 18:07 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 18:02:
Good stuff

What were the balloons up on the cliff early in the game in reference to?

101. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 25, 2010, 18:02 Dev

Good stuff

100. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 23, 2010, 04:24 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 23:29:
And yeah, those nightkin are pretty tough. Those rebar clubs HURT.

Creston

After dying a bunch, SST I found out that you can run into the meeting room and get them stuck on chairs! hahahahaha then shoot to your hearts content so if you want to help yourself out!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

99. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 23:29 Creston

Well, I don't want them to stay behind, because I'm using them to carry most of the loot that I find. But it doesn't matter if I set them to "attack only if I attack first" or "don't attack at all" or "I swear to God, I will fucking KILL you and EAT YOUR CHILDREN IF YOU DARE SHOOT THAT FUCKING RIFLE ONE MORE TIME!!!" they still go and run off and attack shit.

Asses.

And yeah, those nightkin are pretty tough. Those rebar clubs HURT.

Creston

98. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 23:00 xXBatmanXx

Creston wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 22:19:
Verno wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 21:02:
I had to stop using Boone, he's an awesome companion and his perk kicks ass but he makes the game way too easy. He would literally shoot shit before I've even seen it and he's two shotting stuff some mobs on hardcore.

Companions irritate the living hell out of me anyways, as they'll just go charging off and shoot shit 15 rooms away. (and who EVER thought it was a good idea to have slow-mo deaths OUTSIDE of VATS, EVEN IF YOUR COMPANIONS KILL THEM?!)

I've got them both set to passive, and they'll still just run off and hunt a nightkin somewhere. I'm of half a mind to just let them fucking die.

Creston

Did you try setting them to passive+stay here+stay behind, etc etc etc?

Mine don't do that at all - and I killed all of those Knightkin myself - it sucked!!!!!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

97. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 22:19 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 21:02:
I had to stop using Boone, he's an awesome companion and his perk kicks ass but he makes the game way too easy. He would literally shoot shit before I've even seen it and he's two shotting stuff some mobs on hardcore.

Companions irritate the living hell out of me anyways, as they'll just go charging off and shoot shit 15 rooms away. (and who EVER thought it was a good idea to have slow-mo deaths OUTSIDE of VATS, EVEN IF YOUR COMPANIONS KILL THEM?!)

I've got them both set to passive, and they'll still just run off and hunt a nightkin somewhere. I'm of half a mind to just let them fucking die.

Creston

96. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 21:28 Eldaron Imotholin

Maybe I'm at that point too. Not sure. Quit right after I died after being two-shotted by some plasma spitting sea-mutants.

I love ED-E and Boone.

Oh, and where can I find a decent sniper rifle without killing Boone for it?

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

95. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 21:18 xXBatmanXx

Creston - sounds like we are at about the same spot, I pushed the limits out off of the road as best I could, but am forced back to the story line....at the powerplant now.  

94. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 21:02 Verno

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

93. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 18:34 Creston

Ratty wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 15:24:
I seem to have gotten out of the starting/kiddie area, as now I'm definitely running into stuff that'll hand my ass to me at level 9 if I stray too far from the roads etc.

What I really enjoy is that Obsidian hired Jorge "Oscuro", the guy who made Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, and his influence in the placement of monsters and such is definitely shining through.
Speaking of Oblivion, it's nice to play a Bethesda game where if you want you can go out to some very dangerous places way before you're ready and get completely owned you can. None of this nice, cozy, wilderness that never hands you more than you are comfortable with and only ever levels up when you do.

Yup. Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul fixed that nicely in Oblivion, though. Wander off the roads, and you better be ready.

Creston

92. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 15:24 Ratty

I seem to have gotten out of the starting/kiddie area, as now I'm definitely running into stuff that'll hand my ass to me at level 9 if I stray too far from the roads etc.

What I really enjoy is that Obsidian hired Jorge "Oscuro", the guy who made Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, and his influence in the placement of monsters and such is definitely shining through.
Speaking of Oblivion, it's nice to play a Bethesda game where if you want you can go out to some very dangerous places way before you're ready and get completely owned you can. None of this nice, cozy, wilderness that never hands you more than you are comfortable with and only ever levels up when you do.

91. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 15:04 Creston

Yeah, I found that one. You need the Wild West Wilderness perk to see it, though.

Walk on the road, few gangers, nothing much to worry about. Stray off the road, pack of bighorns. Not easy, but not too tough. Go a little further, hmmm, what are those? They're getting closer. They look like... ghouls?

Oh shit...

*Creston was ganked by five Feral Ghoul Reavers*

Hehe.

Or, I was out hunting Golden Geckos, everything went fine. They're dangerous, but you can kill them before they get too close. Ton of XP, valuable loot, all swell. Suddenly, three Giant Radscorpions come charging over the hill.

Oh shit...

And then finally, my favorite, I'm fighting some coyotes, nothing important. See a big hill, red stripes on the radar. Hmmm, I wonder what's up there?

Super Mutant Masters with Plasma Rifles.

I didn't even TIME to say "oh shit..."

Good times.

Creston

90. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 09:44 BobBob

Real life got me down. I rarely have time for myself anymore.  

89. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 09:34 Verno

BobBob wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 07:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 03:53:
Can't wait to play the next 3 days!!!!

Is it better than sex?

You're running out of material Bob, you used to be genuinely amusing

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

88. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 09:24 xXBatmanXx

BobBob wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 07:36:

Is it better than sex?

That is a big negative ghost rider - but the state of current new releases - it is the best thing out there atm.

87. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 08:23 Bhruic

86. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 07:36 BobBob

Is it better than sex?

85. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Patched Oct 22, 2010, 06:35 Dev

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Oct 22, 2010, 05:23:
I sadly had to make the choice of turning off hardcore mode. I couldn't stand the inventory management due to constant weight issues and searching through my inv for water and food that didn't do annoying stuff like -1STR.

I would've kept hardcore mode on, however, if ammo just didn't add any weight. So fucking tedious.

The water you can use that vault 13 canteen it will autodrink and never empties.
I think it comes with one of the pre-order packs, but you can find those online.

I don't recall which lines I edited, anyway I think most are done with the thread, so no biggie on the spoiler, plus its a fairly minor one.

104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo