Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GOG.com Re-Launch Gift

GOG.com announces a follow-up to their maybe we're closed stunt that preceded their re-launch, offering a gift to everyone who used their service during its two-year beta period:

Any user who created an account before we closed down the site and moved out of beta (that's September 20, 2010) will receive Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games for free! We'll be adding the game automatically to your accounts during the next days, so don't worry if the game is not yet there.

Of course, we're not forgetting about all those users who joined the GOG family in the last few weeks. Together with Strategy First we're launching a special promotion to offer their GOG catalogue at a 50% discount.

If you've been a part of GOG beta and you already bought Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games, please click here, as we have an alternative gift for you.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 21, 2010, 09:14 Verno

Steam has supported download resuming for years now. GOG supports whatever your web browser does, there is no client application. Your web browser also supports resuming, most have for awhile now.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 21, 2010, 06:28 hoolaparara

Whilst we're on gog again, what is their download systems, if I was looking at downloading 1gb of planescape on my dial up do I have a chance of getting it down over 2 weeks or does it like steam not do resuming?

And I know they list xp/vista/win 7 but if a game has win xp in their list of oses is there a reasonable chance it will actually work in win 2k?

37. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 21, 2010, 06:03 Reactor

Hell hath no fury like a nerd scorned.

Best Blues comment I've read in some time. So true.

36. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 21, 2010, 00:46 WiillyWonka

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 17:16:
Geez, some of you guys are still not over it?
You remind me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS9Bvw0L7VE
Scarred for life I guess.

You know, sometimes the fart is so strong that the vibrations bring on more butt hurt. I think the shockwave that GOG was closing their beta is the aftermath of the fart; thus, you see all the butt hurt on this site of grumpy old men.

Boohoo... a free game. No, I dont want a free game, I want a personal apology. Boohoo... *fart*

35. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 22:39 Dev

So they are ignoring email preferences with this email? Another sign that they still have the exact contemptuous attitude towards the users that brought on the whole shut-down fake apologies in the first place. Nothing has changed inside the company.

I had a good attitude towards the company (and had purchased games) previously, now the things they are doing since the "shutdown" are getting spotlighted and everything I see is decreasing how I see the company. If they can't sincerely apologize, maybe they need to STFU about it and stop reminding me about it.

34. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 19:10 Prez

Ashley wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 18:56:
I've kept my mouth shut about this but sheesh!

When the truth comes out about what REALLY happened, they are gonna look like such aholes.

They just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper. Guess they are trying to milk all the cash out of it before the crash.

Do tell. Huh

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 19:06 Prez

I don't think the Strategy First promo is the alternate gift. I already own JA DG, and got this message:

You own all the games from this giveaway, please send a blank email to users@gog.com and we'll come up with an alternative to the alternative gift

EDIT: Oh, Never Mind. It says that because I bought the Strategy First pack. I still sent them a blank email - maybe I can score a free game!

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2010, 23:33.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

32. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 18:56 Ashley

I've kept my mouth shut about this but sheesh!

When the truth comes out about what REALLY happened, they are gonna look like such aholes.

They just keep digging the hole deeper and deeper. Guess they are trying to milk all the cash out of it before the crash.

31. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 18:49 jimnms

Just as I predicted.  

Steam Profile

30. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 18:45 Jivaro

mag wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 15:45:
Nameless Again wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 15:40:
Still not a sincere apology. Pass.

Hell hath no fury like a nerd scorned.

too true.

29. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 18:12 Verno

Golwar wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 17:58:
(or GoG) would call spam guerilla marketing. So yeah, I still think that it was a rather cheap abuse, which lead to the impression that you have personal issues with GoG.

Funny, I would label unsolicited email for commercial gain as a rather cheap abuse personally. If this was EA the boards would be lit up. And again, GOG isn't a person or something, I don't have personal issues with it. I used GOG infrequently up until their decision to use the marketing techniques of a child.

28. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:58 Golwar

Verno wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 17:36:
We're on a public forum and you described GOG as using and continuing to use "guerilla marketing" tactics so my reply was fine.

They way you quoted me and formulated your reply, left the impression as if I (or GoG) would call spam guerilla marketing. So yeah, I still think that it was a rather cheap abuse, which lead to the impression that you have personal issues with GoG.

@ Prez
You weakling.
I also wait for a nice pack/promo to the AoW trilogy.

27. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:51 Prez

All of the other sites have Age of Wonders Trilogy, while GOG only has the original. Come on GOG, get with the program. In other news, Prez forgot about their stupid stunt when Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape Torment were released on GOG and has bought the SF pack. Call me weak if you want.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:36 Verno

Golwar wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 17:31:
Why do you think that each reply is related to you?

We're on a public forum and you described GOG as using and continuing to use "guerilla marketing" tactics so my reply was fine.

Even when a quote was given that obviously doesn't involve your personal problems with GoG?

I don't have a personal problem with GOG, I take issue with it's marketing techniques, such as the text quoted below that they initiated to me today, not the other way around.

25. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:35 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 17:16:

The only thing I'm scarred from is the light, and my nightmares.

24. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:31 Golwar

Verno wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 17:26:
They did & do guerilla marketing

That's the first time I've heard spam called guerilla marketing.

Why do you think that each reply is related to you?
Even when a quote was given that obviously doesn't involve your personal problems with GoG?

23. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:26 Verno

They did & do guerilla marketing

That's the first time I've heard spam called guerilla marketing.

22. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:21 Golwar

nin wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 15:43:
A simple "we're sorry, and won't do that again" would have sufficed.

You want them to lie?
They did & do guerilla marketing and they will keep on doing it. It is okay when some dislike it so much that they drop GoG thusfor, others manage to accept or even respect them.
For me nothing changed and GoG is still on my list of prefered shops.

21. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:16 Muscular Beaver

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

20. Re: GOG.com Re-Launch Gift Oct 20, 2010, 17:14 yuastnav

The funniest thing is that most of the people who wrote a comment to this news post are just all the old whiners who came here to whine a little bit more how they were "mistreated".

Thank you, you just made my day.

I'm going to enjoy some games now.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo