Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout: New Vegas Tools

The Fallout Website now offers downloads of the Fallout: New Vegas edition of The Garden of Eden Creation Kit (G.E.C.K.) editing tools. Word is this "provides the community with tools that will allow players to expand the game any way they wish. Users can create, modify, and edit any data for use with Fallout: New Vegas, from building landscapes, towns, and locations to writing dialogue, creating characters, weapons, creatures, and more."

View
86 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

86. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 12:00 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 02:10:
Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 01:55:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 23:06:
Right now, I've got a 500 weight limit, and I'm still hitting the cap and being forced to throw things away. I have no idea how people do it with a 250 (or less if you've got < 10 str) cap.

Only carry what you need?

For shit to sell, I have a simple rule. Its value must be at least five times its weight. Otherwise, I don't take it with me. (Which means I usually leave most armors alone, unless I can repair them to a high enough value.)

Once I get 3000 caps or so, I switch that formula to (weightx10). Saves on a lot of hauling shit around that weights five pounds and is worth 3 caps.

Strength 3 on my character.

Creston

Ah you're reminding me of my cigarette salesman in FO3 way back when.

Yeah, I've probably sold 287 million cartons of cigarettes in FO. It amazes me that those cigarettes are still good after 200 years (not to mention not irradiated), but okay.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

85. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 10:05 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 09:22:
Stolk wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 15:44:
kxmode wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 14:29:
Vegas didn't suffer from a nuclear disaster.

I thought the entire globe sufferred from a nuclear disaster?

The intro states that this particular area, was not hit for some reason. Vegas lives.

I really like that aspect of the game. It always bugged me that Fallout 3 basically felt like the bomb just went off days ago instead of decades. The Nevada area stuff feels more realistic in that sense and there is more environmental variety.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

84. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 09:28 xXBatmanXx

There is a nice WHITE double stacked crate up against the starting pawn shop.
All others in the town are red.

This one has XXX on it, and it is empty.
This is the best spot, as it is about 20 feet from your fast travel spawn point.

After you get further, your companions can carry crap for you as well....so I have 2 companions that hold crap, right next to the white crate. I can visit them at anytime.

lvl 10
4,000 caps
Crappy weapons, thought I would have better stuff by now.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

83. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 09:25 xXBatmanXx

Bhruic wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 20:25:
Did you look at the list of perks at all? There is one that gives you added carry weight, another that makes items less than 2 lbs weigh half, and one that lets you fast travel even when over-encumbered.

Yeah I saw them. And none of them I'm high enough level to use yet.

Right now, I've got a 500 weight limit, and I'm still hitting the cap and being forced to throw things away. I have no idea how people do it with a 250 (or less if you've got < 10 str) cap.

Well, there are crates you can store infinite amount of crap in.

Also, YOU DON'T NEED EVERYTHING YOU FIND!

Just make a note of it if there is a lot, or something that is very valuable (like batters, pilot lights, modules, etc) and remember where it is, as some things require those more unique items. Or store them in a house or etc etc etc that you can fast travel to.

If you are filling up on 500, you are wasting time and space......seriously.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

82. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 09:22 xXBatmanXx

The intro states that this particular area, was not hit for some reason. Vegas lives.

81. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 06:53 CeeJay

Here is a picture of the weird dog eye glitch :
http://i.imgur.com/HN3Gz.png

Pretty freaky.

I'm the developer of SweetFX

80. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 02:10 Sepharo

Creston wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 01:55:

For shit to sell, I have a simple rule. Its value must be at least five times its weight. Otherwise, I don't take it with me. (Which means I usually leave most armors alone, unless I can repair them to a high enough value.)

Once I get 3000 caps or so, I switch that formula to (weightx10). Saves on a lot of hauling shit around that weights five pounds and is worth 3 caps.

Creston

Ah you're reminding me of my cigarette salesman in FO3 way back when.

79. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 01:55 Creston

Creston

78. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 01:35 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 00:20:
Dev wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 00:18:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 00:06:
Is there a place to store stuff without mods?
Speaking of houses, can you get your own house in this game?

A quick google shows a possibility, an unending hotel room rental for a one time 100 caps. Don't want to spoil too much here, but if anyone needs the full info just google fallout new vegas house.

Edit:
And another one is an upgradeable penthouse.

My suggestion would be to find a temp place to store stuff (like docs where you start), and then when you get a perm place, fast travel transfer all the stuff.

77. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 00:20 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Oct 21, 2010, 00:18:
Speaking of houses, can you get your own house in this game?

76. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 00:18 Dev

I need a damn stash in games like this to enable my ocd tendencies.

If its anything like fallout 3, you can just pick a random house and start dumping stuff (preferably one near a fast travel point and one with a fair number of containers). The items will persist.

This is why I loved having some of those house mods in FO3, they gave me places to dump everything I put into inventory (which tended to be a lot). The megaton house in FO3 wasn't bad, but there were better places. Speaking of houses, can you get your own house in this game?

75. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 21, 2010, 00:06 Sepharo

I need a damn stash in games like this to enable my ocd tendencies.

74. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 23:06 Jerykk

73. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 20:25 Bhruic

Did you look at the list of perks at all? There is one that gives you added carry weight, another that makes items less than 2 lbs weigh half, and one that lets you fast travel even when over-encumbered.

Yeah I saw them. And none of them I'm high enough level to use yet.

72. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 17:58 Wolfen

Creston wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 17:24:
Wolfen wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 16:40:
Well since folks are still posting here. Check this out http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

Its a d3d dll that from my own testing did amazing miracles to performance. I have no idea whats different in that dx dll but It sure as hell fixed almost all of my performance problems.

It was linked to earlier, but in any case, that .dll was made (apparently) by the dev of FaceGen, and it tricks the system into thinking you have a different graphics card, and then ignores all the facial emotion stuff (which apparently destroys performance).

Supposedly, "ToggleEmotion" works just as well.

I'm still at work so I haven't tried any of this yet.

Creston

Ahh. Grew to big of a thread here so I missed the previous link. Ive tried the toggleemotion one and this dll is much better in my opinion.

71. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 17:24 Creston

Wolfen wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 16:40:
Well since folks are still posting here. Check this out http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

Its a d3d dll that from my own testing did amazing miracles to performance. I have no idea whats different in that dx dll but It sure as hell fixed almost all of my performance problems.

It was linked to earlier, but in any case, that .dll was made (apparently) by the dev of FaceGen, and it tricks the system into thinking you have a different graphics card, and then ignores all the facial emotion stuff (which apparently destroys performance).

Supposedly, "ToggleEmotion" works just as well.

I'm still at work so I haven't tried any of this yet.

Creston

70. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 16:45 Kxmode

Nope. Just the major metropolitan areas. For whatever reason Las Vegas wasn't considered a proper target by China.

69. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 16:41 Kxmode

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 23:06:
- The dog's eyes were hanging outside its face, one beneath the other, right below its ear. It was the freakiest shit I've seen in awhile.

Uncanny valley perhaps?

68. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 16:40 Wolfen

67. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Tools Oct 20, 2010, 16:19 Creston

jimnms wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 15:06:
Bhruic wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 09:29:
S
My mini-rant... If you're going to put a "hard mode" in, why not put a "packrat mode" in? Dammit, I hate not being able to carry the stuff I find. Sure, it's probably more realistic, but every time I'm off adventuring, I'll kill a single guy, loot him, and presto, I'm over max weight. And I can even deal with walking uber-slowly, but because merchants have limited caps, it's very easy to drain the local merchant dry. And there's no way I'm hiking to the next town in slow-mode. And, of course, fast travelling is disabled when you're overweight.

Put in a "you can carry double the amount" or something mode.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to download the editor and make myself a mod to do just that

The problem is that those perks are later level perks, and is anyone going to take 6 levels worth of perks just to be able to carry more?

I wish they'd split up combat perks and useful perks into different groups and would let you choose one pool and then the other per level.

Creston

86 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo