Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Upcoming WoW Item Removals

The World of Warcraft Vault has a list of items and mounts that will no longer be obtainable in the World of Warcraft in the upcoming version 4.0.3 patch for Blizzard's MMORPG. Blizzard explains: "As stated in the Under Dev page (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/), patch 4.0.3 brings about The Shattering, a cataclysmic event that will forever change the face of Azeroth. As we prepare to raise the level cap and introduce two new races with the Cataclysm expansion, it's important to keep in mind that the game world is going through tremendous changes that will affect the availability of certain rare mounts and items." The following items will cease being offered: Swift Zulian Tiger, Swift Razzashi Raptor, Razzashi Hatchling, Tome of Polymorph: Turtle, Crusader's White/Black Warhorse and Swift Alliance Steed/Swift Horde Wolf, Reins of the Blue Drake, Mimiron's Head, and Invincible. Word is: "Although we have no current plans to introduce new ways to obtain the Zul'Gurub mounts, pets, and the tribute mounts, they may return should we find a place where they fit in the future."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 23:35 Grounded

All that hit cap shit will change when Cata is out, dont you realize that? Enjoy being uber now while you can.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 18:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Pigeon wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 17:21:
Actually there are leather, plate and mail specialization buffs now. So if you're a shammy wearing 1 piece of cloth you lose the buff. It'd better be one nice piece of cloth armor.
The specialization buffs are mediocre in themselves. Shammies get 5% int/agi, druids get 5% to their highest stat. Believe it or not, if you're a caster of any kind you'll be going for whatever gear gives you the most raw int as your first stat. 5% doesn't add up a whole lot.

Being hit capped is stupidly easy. My shammy is 8% over, with no hit gear.

edit:
Just to point out how stupid the buff is. My shammy has ~2600int, you're looking at roughly 130int give or take a few. One piece of upgraded gear at 85 can have half of that, plus two times the stats in crit, and haste along with mastery. What can you do? I'll bet that BiS continues to be mishmash of leather and mail.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2010, 23:27.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 17:21 Pigeon

Poor itemization still exists, shammies will still be rolling on leather and cloth. So will druids.

Actually there are leather, plate and mail specialization buffs now. So if you're a shammy wearing 1 piece of cloth you lose the buff. It'd better be one nice piece of cloth armor.

I do agree with you on talent specing. Any given tier has what seem to be pretty distinct, damage, pvp, and leveling talents. If you're raiding really the only difference between your build and someone elses will be based on what leveling or PvP talent you took to fill out your tree to advance tier levels or hit the 31 points.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2010, 17:27.

19. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 16:29 Mashiki Amiketo

Sencho wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 15:51:
Actually, it's quite the opposite. While there is a forcing of folks into the primary role all that does is remove the idiots who think splitting points evenly is some boon.

LK was all about being in ideal builds with best-in-slot gear. Cat looks to be moving away from that based on what I've seen in beta.

Naturally, people will be unhappy. Though most of those I've seen are trying to play their old way with the new rules. It's nice to see a lot of the "Carry ME!" crowd finally get weeded out and forced to learn to play.

Addendum: The linked article's author didn't bother to do any research. The tome will be available through other means, the blue drake moves back to Malygos 10, Invicible and Mim's head both become low drop rate items. At least according to a blue post by Lylirra on Oct 14.
Well no. What happens is everyone has the same spec, plus or minus 3 or so points in the same tree. Everyone has to fill out 31pts in their desired tree before they can grab other points in other trees. Multi-use hybrid specs are dead. No more going fire+frost for an extra dps boost.

All content has been built around BiS plus point optimization. The only thing Cata is doing is changing the talent trees so everyone has the same spec. Poor itemization still exists, shammies will still be rolling on leather and cloth. So will druids.

I started way the hell back in the very early vanilla beta. While the current state of the game is close, the healing isn't anywhere close. Oh and content was always built around 'carry me' it was just much more difficult in Vanilla and TBC to get carried. You had to pull your weight for the most part.

Then again I remember clearing the first 2 bosses in MC with 21 people while we were in blues. So that says something. 40 mans you could have 10 or so slackers at least until you hit BWL. With the shift to 25man raids, there was no room. If DPS screwed up, you were wiping. If they couldn't kill their demon, you were probably wiping. If mages were screwing around on their sheeping, you were wiping. Wrath content was built around well if you screw up and can't stay out of the fire, that's OKI! The healers have damn near unlimited mana and can save your ass.

From all of the 5 man stuff I've done in Cata(including heroics), it's very 'meh' healing feels sluggish even compared to vanilla. I just don't like the feel of it. No raids yet because the last 2 attempts the server crashed while we were waiting for our benevolent overseer to fix content when it broke. :p

edit:
Oh and I nearly forgot. An example of how 'easy' leveling is? I leveled 81-83 on nothing but herbs and archeology.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2010, 16:39.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

18. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 16:13 Verno

It's nice to see a lot of the "Carry ME!" crowd finally get weeded out and forced to learn to play.

That's been said since the first dungeon addition patches, let alone expansions. Blizzard created the carry me mentality anyways, they're the ones promoting accessibility on practically every design front of the game.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

17. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 15:51 Sencho

Frijoles wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 15:16:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 15:05:
The first thing that came to my mind when seeing those trees was "extremely dumbed down, everyone will have the same spec now".

Well, that's what they were trying to avoid. They seem to have failed though.
Actually, it's quite the opposite. While there is a forcing of folks into the primary role all that does is remove the idiots who think splitting points evenly is some boon.

LK was all about being in ideal builds with best-in-slot gear. Cat looks to be moving away from that based on what I've seen in beta.

Naturally, people will be unhappy. Though most of those I've seen are trying to play their old way with the new rules. It's nice to see a lot of the "Carry ME!" crowd finally get weeded out and forced to learn to play.

Addendum: The linked article's author didn't bother to do any research. The tome will be available through other means, the blue drake moves back to Malygos 10, Invicible and Mim's head both become low drop rate items. At least according to a blue post by Lylirra on Oct 14.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 2010, 15:56.

16. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 15:16 Frijoles

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 15:05:
The first thing that came to my mind when seeing those trees was "extremely dumbed down, everyone will have the same spec now".

Well, that's what they were trying to avoid. They seem to have failed though.

15. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 15:05 Muscular Beaver

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 13:42:
bhcompy wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 13:27:
Sounds like Warhammer
Yep. And the "streamlined trees" are also from warhammer. Everyone from now on will all have exactly the same cookie cutter build, with half the points.

I've been in the beta for 3mo? 4mo something stupid like that and I probably won't be resubbing because of the current state of healing, and how messed up it is(it feels exactly like warhammer). I mean really. Woo! I have CH which heals for a 2:4 HPM ratio, and costs 3/4 as much as our new AoE heal(~10.5k mana), which also heals for squat when you have 70-100k HP pools. Uh? Loving the whole lalala boss spams AOE at 5-9k a pop and my nomalized 3sec heal heals for 5-7k and crits for 16k.

edit: ~blarghmash tired, typo hps != hpm

Damn, I was fearing exactly that.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

14. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 14:55 Mr. Tact

Mcboinkens wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 11:08:
What are they doing to Zul'Gurub?
It is no more as of Cataclysm -- the instance is totally removed.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

13. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 13:42 Mashiki Amiketo

bhcompy wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 13:27:
Sounds like Warhammer
Yep. And the "streamlined trees" are also from warhammer. Everyone from now on will all have exactly the same cookie cutter build, with half the points.

I've been in the beta for 3mo? 4mo something stupid like that and I probably won't be resubbing because of the current state of healing, and how messed up it is(it feels exactly like warhammer). I mean really. Woo! I have CH which heals for a 2:4 HPM ratio, and costs 3/4 as much as our new AoE heal(~10.5k mana), which also heals for squat when you have 70-100k HP pools. Uh? Loving the whole lalala boss spams AOE at 5-9k a pop and my nomalized 3sec heal heals for 5-7k and crits for 16k.

edit: ~blarghmash tired, typo hps != hpm

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

12. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 13:27 bhcompy

kxmode wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 11:28:

"The most noticeable thing about Cataclysm is that Alliance and Horde towns, camps, and even questing areas, are now in close proximity of one another in every zone. This is a stark difference from classic WOW. So for every Alliance camp there’s a neighboring Horde camp. For every Horde Stronghold there’s an Alliance Keep, and so on and so forth.

Sounds like Warhammer

11. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 13:22 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 12:30:
And I quote from a preview I wrote for Cataclysm:

Yeah that's what they planned with the "new improved world PvP" in BC too.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Well they put everything is place. It's up to the players to do. If they want to do random open-world PVP they will. If all they care about is level, level, level to get to cap to do raids... well, PVP is dead no matter what Blizzard does.

10. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 12:30 Muscular Beaver

Yeah that's what they planned with the "new improved world PvP" in BC too.
I'll believe it when I see it.

- Mojo Jojo

9. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 11:56 Linksil

They're making ZG a questing zone. So it's no longer an instance. It's still all there in one form or another, but you don't have the raid part of it.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

8. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 11:28 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 11:23:
STV was such a love/hate relationship. Like, 10 levels worth in one zone, but freaking PvP and mobs EVERYWHERE.

Haha, STV was the only zone where I actually parked my high level "in case" some jerk ganked me on my leveling one.
PvP in STV and Hillsbrad was just awesome. Its really sad that world PvP is almost nonexistent nowadays.

"The most noticeable thing about Cataclysm is that Alliance and Horde towns, camps, and even questing areas, are now in close proximity of one another in every zone. This is a stark difference from classic WOW. So for every Alliance camp there’s a neighboring Horde camp. For every Horde Stronghold there’s an Alliance Keep, and so on and so forth. Many new zones share questing hubs. For example Hyjal, Vashj’ir and Deepholm are Sunwell Isle all over again. For those of you on PVP servers you’ll remember those days for better or for worse. Another factor to consider: swimming in Vashj’ir and flying mounts will transform PVP across Azeroth into a three-dimensional battlefield. Players who think two-dimensionally are going to be in a world of hurt. Simply put PVP is going to get much more intensive throughout Azeroth after Cataclysm’s launch. No doubt this is part of Blizzard’s wish of ramping up PVP combat to match the growing conflict between the Alliance and the Horde. It is also a return to the classic world PVP that used to be common in Hillsbrad, Booty Bay, Ashenvale and Crossroads. If you play on a PVP server, and prefer PVE gameplay, consider transferring over to a PVE server because it’s going to get crazy!"

Needless to say if you enjoy PVP it will be abundantly available in this expansion. If you hate PVP then transfer over to a PVE server because it's going to get brutal.

7. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 11:23 Muscular Beaver

STV was such a love/hate relationship. Like, 10 levels worth in one zone, but freaking PvP and mobs EVERYWHERE.

Haha, STV was the only zone where I actually parked my high level "in case" some jerk ganked me on my leveling one.
PvP in STV and Hillsbrad was just awesome. Its really sad that world PvP is almost nonexistent nowadays.

- Mojo Jojo

6. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 11:15 Kxmode

Is that tidal wave taking out all of STV?

Well it destroys parts of Booty Bay. But the real damage is caused by a sundering in the middle of STV. That's what divides STV into two zones.

5. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 11:11 Wallshadows

I was fortunate to get my Deathcharger on the first drop, get the Raven Lord on my third run, and the Grand Black War Mammoth on my first VoA but the ZG mounts have eluded me in spite of grinding nearly one to Exalted and the other 3/4 through Revered.

Kind of makes me sad, but I would imagine they'll find a way to screw over those who have poured in lots of time to obtain them through either (as said below) Blizzard store or through some stupid daily system.

Also, I thought the Blue Drake was limited to 25 player mode, Mimiron's Head was a small chance to drop with the pillars up, and Invincible went to 25m Heroic?

What are they doing to Zul'Gurub? Is that tidal wave taking out all of STV?

Judging from the Cataclysm trailer, it looks like Booty Bay is about to get a critical strike so I would assume the rest of STV is kind of in a bad situation.

4. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 11:08 Mcboinkens

What are they doing to Zul'Gurub? Is that tidal wave taking out all of STV? Man, some nostalgia rush right there. STV was such a love/hate relationship. Like, 10 levels worth in one zone, but freaking PvP and mobs EVERYWHERE.

Anyway, ZG was one of my favorite instances. Discovering Hakkar's strategy before it was officially found was a really cool feeling. We were calling other servers and friends trying to figure out what it was when suddenly it just clicked. What heals him, hurts him!

I never did finish my tony the tiger claw set though. Hmmph.

3. Re: Upcoming WoW Item Removals Oct 18, 2010, 11:01 Luke

gather facebook points and buy it at retardstore  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo