Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout: New Vegas Diary

The Fallout: New Vegas Developer Diary #5 focuses on the depiction of "the strip" in their depiction of a post apocalyptic Las Vegas, with the Obsidian developers explaining what to expect, though of course, what goes on in New Vegas stays in New Vegas. Also, Your Fallout: New Vegas PS3 Questions Answered is an article by Bethesda senior producer Jason Bergman answering questions about the PS3 edition of the imminent RPG sequel.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 16, 2010, 19:00 Jerykk

And that's my biggest worry--console to PC port.

Erm, it's been made pretty clear that New Vegas was designed for 360, just like Fallout 3. The last game Obsidian designed for PC was Mask of the Betrayer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 16, 2010, 09:43 ASeven

Intro, including Pearlman's obligatory narration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5_8Ff73Prc

37. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 16, 2010, 09:43 space captain

hell for all they know it might remind more of Wasteland - but they are totally fucking clueless that such a thing even exists..

avellone did reference parts from that game in his interviews, so who knows - regardless i think this project was in way better hands this time around

Go forth, and kill!

36. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 16, 2010, 09:37 space captain

Jerykk wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 23:02:
I was hoping it would feel more like FO1 and 2.

it might be that they dont even know because the precious little toddlers never played them in the first place

they are console kiddies after all

Go forth, and kill!

35. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 16, 2010, 09:11 Marvin T. Martian

ASeven wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 18:48:
If anyone want to watch the game being played live on a xbox...

http://www.justin.tv/tyndis_fallout#/w/468539792/2

And that's my biggest worry--console to PC port. So many games ported/ruined/dumbed down because of it.

34. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 16, 2010, 08:26 ASeven

No reviews yet but everyone agree on my previous points, less buggy than FO3 and it's like playing FO3 but with all the good and almost none of the bad.  

33. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 16, 2010, 02:36 xXBatmanXx

I haven't read ANYTHING on the game in the last few weeks - trying to keep my mind clear for the game....I want to get it - but I am going to wait a few weeks I think.

Been dumping all my time in DR2, and other than that - haven't been playing much of anything. Been busy.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

32. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 23:13 Creston

ASeven wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 20:30:
A small update, some are already 8 hours in the game and say they haven't encountered any bugs yet. Some even say it's more bug-free than FO3. Most agree it has the FO3 atmosphere nailed down.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Creston

31. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 23:12 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 17:09:
Creston wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 11:48:
nin wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 11:37:
Will just murder everybody if it's buggy and a typical Obsidian half-assed, half-finished RPG.

Just remember: you'll be bringing pain and suffering on yourself if you buy right away w/o reviews and it sucks.

I'm off next week, and I'll pick it up if/when I see more than a couple of good reviews.

Yeah, but it's Fallout 3. And I fucking LOVED Fallout 3.

Creston

CRESTON!!!! IT IS NOT FALLOUT 3. Granted there are some people from good old Black Isle making New Vegas, I'd like to point out to Obsidian's track record of titles.

Waaah waaah waaah. I'm sorry that Bethesda raped your childhood and shattered your dreams, and all that. I thought Fallout 3 was a fucking awesome game. So more in the same mold (by the guys that know Fallout better than anyone) is great by me.

Creston

30. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 23:02 Jerykk

I was hoping it would feel more like FO1 and 2.  

29. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 20:30 ASeven

A small update, some are already 8 hours in the game and say they haven't encountered any bugs yet. Some even say it's more bug-free than FO3. Most agree it has the FO3 atmosphere nailed down.  

28. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 19:14 SM0k3

I just can't wait any longer! I'm bursting of anticipation  

27. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 19:02 space captain

the voice of mr house is odo from DS9  
Go forth, and kill!

26. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 18:48 ASeven

If anyone want to watch the game being played live on a xbox...

http://www.justin.tv/tyndis_fallout#/w/468539792/2

25. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 18:30 ASeven

News update.

Those playing the leaked version are saying that...

...it feels like playing FO3.

24. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 17:37 RollinThundr

Will just murder everybody if it's buggy and a typical Obsidian half-assed, half-finished RPG.

Just remember: you'll be bringing pain and suffering on yourself if you buy right away w/o reviews and it sucks.

I'm off next week, and I'll pick it up if/when I see more than a couple of good reviews.

Creston

CRESTON!!!! IT IS NOT FALLOUT 3. Granted there are some people from good old Black Isle making New Vegas, I'd like to point out to Obsidian's track record of titles.

Thats like saying Champions Online isn't City of Heroes, Oh wait it is!

23. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 17:14 StingingVelvet

I like Obsidian's track record of titles.

22. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 17:09 The Half Elf

Creston

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

21. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 16:12 ASeven

space captain wrote on Oct 15, 2010, 16:06:
hardcore mode is an option you get during character creation

Yeah, the first people to try the game couldn't find hardcore in the initial options menu.

Nothing coming out from those places in terms of a review, although that's a good thing since nobody has complained about any bug yet and people seem to be enjoying the game for now.

20. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diary Oct 15, 2010, 16:06 space captain

hardcore mode is an option you get during character creation  
Go forth, and kill!

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo