Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month

There's an ARMA 2 interview on Rock, Paper, Shotgun discussing the military shooter sequel with Karel Moricky and Jay Crow of Bohemia Interactive Studios revealing that the next DLC for the game is expected on November 24 for 7.99/8.99/$9.99. The new content is called Private Military Company, as it will allow players to go all Blackwater Xe Services, and word is it is focused on cooperative play: "The whole campaign is co-op multiplayer compatible. Instead of creating set of loosely connected campaign, single player and multiplayer scenarios, we focused solely upon a cooperative campaign. All missions will be playable in two-player co-op, giving you the opportunity to invite your friend and share your progress. Missions are built upon a broad range of different gameplay elements which enforcing team play, like sniper/spotter or helicopter pilot/door gunner situations."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 15, 2010, 09:04 Muscular Beaver

Yeah they need a lot of work in the engine. For example the z-fighting has become unbearable. Thats just horrible in an engine that has 10 kilometers view distance. Also for ArmA 3 they should implement better damage systems for environment and vehicles.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 15, 2010, 01:10 tuddies

I'm an ofp/arma fan, but they should just pony up for some DECENT MIDDLEWARE and add better rendering and physics. Hopping tanks are so 2010 already!

I would pay for a voice expansion because the base game voices are so bad. Although they do have unintended comedic value!

10. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 15, 2010, 00:46 Numinar

I love this game, but yeah, for the impatient, CO-OP required! (it's a favourite in my family)

BIS are like Creative Assembly or in the past, Gas Powered Games. Their ambition makes the bugs and glitches bearable and the feature set is decent enough to turn off your console for a bit.

I just got Men of War in the steam special. Same kind of thing. Unbearably clumsy and glitchy (Gamespy for nat traversal? Really?) but it's an experience only our PC's can do, especially co-op.

Bring it on Devs! Just keep patching!

9. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 23:18 eRe4s3r

What it does have though, is a brain dead, always cheating AI and horrible physics. If you ever drove a Tank or vehicle in arma 2 you know what i mean

Surely its a fun game in MP with good group of players. But in SP the game is just plain crap. I still fondly remember that 1 mission where you have to blow a bridge - with tanks falling down the entire way... and not "dieing" So there were about 5 enemy vehicles down in the water shooting at me. And in the rare event a downed bridge works the enemy always magically knew where i was even though i was perfectly hidden.

But the best is still being forced to drive in an AI vehicle and the AI being stuck in a curve or corner. Or ramming head on an ally tank. Or driving down a cliff, seen it all.

And lastly of course, the AI not engaging the enemy properly. With the player often having 50+ kills and the AI 2 or 3. Its like we get a different even more broken AI when we have squad mates.

Maybe they fix it in Arma 3.... one can still dream!

8. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 22:32 Drayth

Actually.. I have to say, that particular line is so bad it's good. I've laughed a few times at that one.

The rest.. yeah.. there's like one good voice actor out of the bunch.

7. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 19:35 Kevin Lowe

SirKnight wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 19:07:

LOL! Yeah, the voice acting makes me gag. I really wish they could hire good actors for that because right now the acting is so bad it kills the immersion. One of the dudes, I think his name is Drake in the game, sounds like Charlie the Unicorn, lol! They are trying way too hard to sound American.
Yeah, whoever got the line "I'm the fucking boss" in the first non-campaign mission in ARMA II was just ridiculous. Come on, guys, the world is full of Americans who can swear adequately - hire some better voice talent.

6. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 19:07 SirKnight

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 18:23:
007Bistromath wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 11:53:
BLUESNEWS EXCLUSIVE!!!

The following is a leaked transcript of voiceover clips from Private Military Company.

TAKE OUT THAT... ENEMY... ASSHOLE... 30 METERS WEST.

HOSTILE... VILLAGE... SOUTH OF THE OIL RIG.

COMMANDEER THAT... CHILD'S BICYCLE... ON THE LEFT.

Is it bad when the simulated voice work is 100% better then the rest of the voice work?

LOL! Yeah, the voice acting makes me gag. I really wish they could hire good actors for that because right now the acting is so bad it kills the immersion. One of the dudes, I think his name is Drake in the game, sounds like Charlie the Unicorn, lol! They are trying way too hard to sound American.

I kinda liked the voice acting in OFP though. It was far from great, but it was sure better than what came next in Arma 1/2. But there was just something about it that I liked for some reason. Maybe BIS should hire those guys again.

5. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 18:23 The Half Elf

007Bistromath wrote on Oct 14, 2010, 11:53:
BLUESNEWS EXCLUSIVE!!!

The following is a leaked transcript of voiceover clips from Private Military Company.

Is it bad when the simulated voice work is 100% better then the rest of the voice work?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 14:18 Parias

I'm definitely sold - the focus Operation: Arrowhead had on a story-based coop mode made it terrifically fun - moreso than the original because each player got control over their own groups of soldiers. Hope this one turns out just as fun.  

3. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 12:30 CommunistHamster

This is far more topical than Modern Duty Calls: Black Warfare 3, and there won't be any "controversy", because BIS doesn't have a big marketing department.

I will be buying this because I enjoy Arma 2 tremendously and BIS deserve my money.

@007Bistromath, it's a simulator, the AI voice system is very functional and descriptive. Most people play online with TS3 or Ventrilo, so you'll be hearing *people* talk.

2. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 11:53 007Bistromath

BLUESNEWS EXCLUSIVE!!!

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2010, 11:58.

1. Re: Next ARMA 2 DLC Next Month Oct 14, 2010, 11:03 SpectralMeat

These guys are on the roll with the DLC for this game.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo