Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Derek Paxton Joins Stardock

Stardock Entertainment announces they have hired Derek Paxton as a senior producer, and the designer of the Fall from Heaven series who has also contributed to Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword and Civilization V will oversee ongoing development of Elemental: War of Magic and development of expansions for the recently released fantasy-themed strategy game. "This is the opportunity to marry my professional project manager career with my passion for game design," said Paxton. "I'm especially excited to work with the talented people at Stardock who have always been focused on creating great PC strategy games. I'm currently immersing myself in the world of Elemental, and I think everyone will be excited to see what is coming from Stardock Entertainment."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 13, 2010, 12:38 bhcompy

Island Dog wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 09:50:
Ironclad games are the developers of Sins. Other than that...no comment.

Well, the question is was Stardock investing in Ironclad to produce Sins, and are they still dependent on it if that is the case? Stardock won't be doing any producing anytime soon outside of Elemental given the current situation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 13, 2010, 09:50  Island Dog 

Ironclad games are the developers of Sins. Other than that...no comment.  

7. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 13, 2010, 09:25 Zyrxil

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 22:20:
Only downside is that this obviously means death to the fall from heaven 2 BTS mod for CIV4 and any hope for same mod for CIV5.

Unless hes really not more involved in FFH than thinking the world up (cool world, by the way ,p)
They were working on a standalone FFH game, which already died a month ago. I don't think they were working on anything else, so no loss.

6. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 12, 2010, 22:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 22:06:
Pretty good move. Stardock obviously needs a strong project manager who can tell them that something is ready or not for release. Hopefully Paxton can give them that.

Creston
Yeah, I think it was well past time that Wardell give up trying to wear all the hats in that company. I hope it's enough to help Elemental become a good game eventually. A free expansion sounds nice too.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 12, 2010, 22:20 eRe4s3r

Only downside is that this obviously means death to the fall from heaven 2 BTS mod for CIV4 and any hope for same mod for CIV5.

Unless hes really not more involved in FFH than thinking the world up (cool world, by the way ,p)

4. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 12, 2010, 22:06 Creston

Pretty good move. Stardock obviously needs a strong project manager who can tell them that something is ready or not for release. Hopefully Paxton can give them that.

Creston

3. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 12, 2010, 22:05 Rigs

Id rather they shit can Elemental and get started on Sins 2

Somethin' tells me they have too much invested in Elemental to let it go, at least for now. Hence the reason why the failure stung Stardock so much...

Pure conjecture, but I've been around the block a few times...

=-Rigs-=

'Who am I?...I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart! I am death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are EVER going to see. GOD sent me.'

2. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 12, 2010, 21:21 Sepharo

You'll have to ask Ironclad for that I assume.  

1. Re: Derek Paxton Joins Stardock Oct 12, 2010, 21:17 Darks

Id rather they shit can Elemental and get started on Sins 2  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo