Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patched

The new version 4.01 patch for World of Warcraft mentioned yesterday is already live, according to the WoW current patch notes. The update to Blizzard's MMORPG adds the promised Cataclysm Launcher Update, special Reforging NPCs, and more. Word is: "World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will be in stores on December 7, 2010 and the time has come to prep for the official launch by implementing its first major patch. Players can experience many major game and user interface systems updates in the first official patch for the upcoming third expansion, patch 4.0.1."

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 13, 2010, 10:38 nin

I can check when I get home tonight, but last I checked it was in the 15-20 gig range.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 13, 2010, 10:18 Valcor

Can someone let me know the total install footprint of WoW on the HDD including this new patch?  

29. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 13, 2010, 09:45 Wallshadows

Making a fortune on Herbalism, especially with 310% flight and being Tauren.

1 second gathering time? Yes please! Now let me sell those herbs which have always been around 15g for 50g and still undercut by a decent margin! >:D

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

28. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 22:17 Ant

How long does the patch take to finish installing/upgrading? I have way too many upgrades to do thanks to MS (Windows, Office, etc.), Blizzard (WoW), and Oracle (Java).  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

27. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 22:06 Krovven

I think anyone who has played WoW for any length of time knows major patch

I was on last night, and of course Trade chat was all about the changes coming today (nice change of pace from the usual trolls)...followed by replies from all the oblivious people that had no idea about the major changes coming, or the patch due today.

Had pre-downloaded the patch...still waiting for it to finish installing since I got home from work an hour ago.

26. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 21:52 Ant

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 21:45:
I just play WoW on freeservers now, don't have to spend 100s of hours leveling, such as the one I'm on now having 12x experience so you can get to the endgame content faster. And many of them have more players on at any given time than the majority of Blizzard servers.
Do they have the latest updates or mods though? I'd like to try those.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

25. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 21:45 JohnBirshire

I just play WoW on freeservers now, don't have to spend 100s of hours leveling, such as the one I'm on now having 12x experience so you can get to the endgame content faster. And many of them have more players on at any given time than the majority of Blizzard servers.  

24. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 20:26 Mashiki Amiketo

kibbled wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 19:28:
I do remember thinking that the day of the Lich King release was realy smooth. I didn't see any problems.
That's because the majority of the content had already been released with the 3.01 patch a couple of months earlier.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

23. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 19:28 kibbled

As I said in my earlier post at least the problems are going to be fixed now instead of breaking on the day that Cat is on sale.

I do remember thinking that the day of the Lich King release was realy smooth. I didn't see any problems.

22. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 18:52 Sempai

Ant wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 17:42:
Sempai wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 17:19:
Servers down for another 2 hours...and extended yet another 2 hours.

Worst team ever.

You'd think by now, 5 years in, they'd say to one another..look we suck balls at keeping time so why not just tell everyone the servers will be up by 5pm.
Let's see you do the major upgrades. It is not easy. Something always comes up to break.

Oh how rich..the "could you do a better job" argument.

For one, if i performed as inadequately at my job as these fuckwits have for the past 5 years I'd have been shit canned 5 years ago.

Two, anyone who's played WoW for any length of time knows they have NEVER met their self imposed time frames, ever.

Just admit your team sucks a bag of dicks at what you do and simply allow yourself more time instead of never being able to meet your own deadlines

Do i think what they do is easy? Of course not! It's obviously a difficult job but i hold no sympathy towards these guys, they get paid to do a job and they never get it done when they say they will.

So fuckin sue me.

21. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:52 Mashiki Amiketo

Ant wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 17:42:
Let's see you do the major upgrades. It is not easy. Something always comes up to break.
Yeah like fingers, or people!

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

20. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:50 kibbled

I remember the Lich King 3.0 patch caused me to lose a bunch of my bags. I got them back in couple of days so it wasn't a big deal.

It seems when they release a patch for the new expansion there are going to be problems. I would rather Blizzard have the problems now before the game comes out than after.I am willing to bet all of the game breaking problems will be fixed by Cataclysm's release date.

If it really is a problem try to get them to give you a free day

19. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:42 Ant

Sempai wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 17:19:

Worst team ever.

You'd think by now, 5 years in, they'd say to one another..look we suck balls at keeping time so why not just tell everyone the servers will be up by 5pm.

18. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:35 Fion

It is the largest patch, by far, that they have ever done. So I can see the delays.

That said.. I am going stir crazy over here.

17. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:19 Sempai

Worst team ever.

That way if for some reason all the planets align and Jesus makes his return to earth and we get it done before 5pm all the wow kids will be happy!

16. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:13 Wallshadows

I got the 4GB+ download in about 5 minutes since I let it run in the background for a while. The additional 1.2GB download took about 30 minutes running at 1.8MB/S with this new router from Eastlink. No ports to open, no firewalls to bypass.

I don't see how people are getting such terrible speeds. Check your settings or something. /shrug

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

15. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:12 Mashiki Amiketo

Ant wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 16:28:
With this patch, do we see the new graphics or is that only with the upcoming expansion?
Not a problem. Yep you get to see the new graphics and all that, new shiny water, new particle effects and all that. I'm still trying to troubleshoot whatever blizz did that's causing wow to crash.

I'm guessing however that something in the patch screwed up when writing, since my ptr/beta accounts still work.

Looks like after an assload of testing on my other 4 pc's my copy of wow is fugged. So blizz needs to hurry up and get the 4.0 downloader or repair tool up so I can fix my copy. At least I have the beta to keep me warm and comfy.

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 2010, 17:38.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:09 Blackhawk

The new class/race combos will be available to everyone on the Cataclysm launch (when they release patch 4.0.3), but the new races will only be available to owners of Cataclysm.  

13. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 17:02 Agent.X7

I am in the pool for 11pm Eastern, 8PM Pacific.

Blizz can't run regular maint every Tues without fucking it up, so it makes me laugh that they thought they could do this patch in 12 hours.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Oct 12, 2010, 16:57 Pigeon

Due to unforseen complications, we are extending the maintenance for all realms until 2PM PDT.

We are extending the maintenance for all realms until 4PM PDT.

Unforseen, really? I think anyone who has played WoW for any length of time knows major patch = lucky if you can play it the same day.

Oh and as far as the new graphics goes, direct from the patch notes:
* Improved water and lava rendering system (Video Options - Liquid Detail on the Graphics Panel)
* Dynamic Sunshafts effect (Video Options - Sunshafts on the Graphics Panel)
* Multi-monitor support (Video Options - Monitor on the Graphics Panel)
* OpenGL Hardware Cursor support for Windows (Video Options - Hardware Cursor on the Advanced Panel)
* Experimental support for DX11 (enabled by passing '-d3d11' on the command line or adding SET gxApi "d3d11" to the Config.WTF file)

I've not been very impressed by the new water, seems very plastic like, maybe they've changed it too look more water like. I'm not certain, but I think the DX11 mode works with DX10, you just don't get the same performance hit if you actually have DX11.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo