Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced

CCP announces the EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition, a new upcoming boxed version of EVE Online that will be geared towards allowing new pilots to advance more quickly in the science-fiction MMORPG. This will be available in North American stores next week on October 19, and it is available for preorder from a number of retailers, but no release date is yet offered for other territories. They also note that this version of the game will not be offered through digital distribution. Here's word:

This latest boxed edition will include an exclusive in-game item, the Cerebral Accelerator, which is a military-grade implant that significantly increases a new pilotís skill development. While they are a very strong boost to nearly all abilities, these bonuses are temporary and are only effective for the first 30 days of a pilotís life as they get up to speed in the universe.

The Commissioned Officer Edition also includes a CD key for starting a new account, 30 days paid game subscription time and an EVE poster with helpful hints and tips for getting started on the reverse side. This edition can be used to start a new account or to convert a free trial or buddy program trial account into a full account with the access and benefits afforded to all EVE subscribers. The Cerebral Accelerator will be delivered to the first character created on the account and cannot be acquired through any other source.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 13, 2010, 08:41 SpectralMeat

I keep getting back into this game. When it first came out I was playing it non stop for about 2 years.

Then I quit, got back into it a year later, quit again. It just doesn't keep me interested anymore. In a month or so I just loose interest in the game. Not to mention it takes about a month or so to learn all the new additions. Now that I have kids I just can't dedicate that kind of time to invest into a game like this.

Anyways it is nice to see the game is still around and kicking.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 13, 2010, 05:18 InBlack

Zanakar....and this exactly what makes EVE a brilliant MMO. The real world is exactly the same, the rich and powerful elite and their friends are those who rule the masses.  

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 13, 2010, 03:59 Zanakar

Doubtful CCP would turn EVE-Online into PvE heaven, since the main market segment the game are those nerds who want to "totally pwn stupid carebears" and who regard themselves as cool-and-elite PvPers even when they run away from anything resembling risk at PvE.
Also, I wonder if this new edition allows regular players to join CCP's Special Friends Club. The one that many older players are members of, the one that allows members to make very blatant, tactless, racistic and personal insults at other players with no action taken by GMs, while actually daring to comment back at such Special Friends causes immediate and harsh retalation from GMs.
Gotta love Eve-Online.

9. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 17:24 AngryMax

This is a concept inspired by World of Tanks. Its good i guess, they realize that the public attention span is only getting shorter, while eve in its current form is a game where you have to have a long attention span to do anything of significance.

I just sincerely hope they don't turn this into PvE heaven. Although that too would probably be what the mediocre masses demand.

8. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 14:23 Rilcon

The gametime in this new retail box can't be used for existing accounts; all it can be used for it to add time to a new account.  

7. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 13:48 Techie714 ©

EVE has a steep learning curve & I'm already lost just in this thread alone...LOL :/  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 13:34 bhcompy

briktal wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 13:10:
Zyrxil wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 12:56:
Have you played EVE? There are no classes or anything, so there's really no rerolling.

Especially since they standardized character stats so that you couldn't give your character terrible stats that slowed down most skill training.

Well, you can neural remap

5. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 13:20 Ginny

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 13:01:
Eve is probably the most unforgiving game when it comes to changing skill types. To go from Military to Business 'models' would take much longer or cost far more than to simply reroll straight into a specific field.

All rather moot, with legalised character transfers for isk, everybody who wants to do that just buys another alt. Nobody specs a pvp character, then have it sit in a system hub spamming escrows, buy/sell orders after diverting to trade.

Ofc thats in no way related to the new player enhancements this box is aimed at. But as with previous box release, most takers will be existing players buying it to headstart new characters, and taking it for the 30 days gametime when it hits discount.

4. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 13:10 briktal

Zyrxil wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 12:56:
Have you played EVE? There are no classes or anything, so there's really no rerolling.

Especially since they standardized character stats so that you couldn't give your character terrible stats that slowed down most skill training.

One thing I think they could've done to help new characters out in EVE is, over time (every 6/8/12/whatever months), give all characters another level of the learning skills. That is, at time X, all existing and new characters will automatically know basic learning 1. Then, after a year, they can bump that up and all characters know basic learning 2. Existing characters should still want to take the time to train them on their own, but new characters won't start as far behind.

3. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 13:01 Wallshadows

Eve is probably the most unforgiving game when it comes to changing skill types. To go from Military to Business 'models' would take much longer or cost far more than to simply reroll straight into a specific field.

2. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 12:56 Zyrxil

1. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 12, 2010, 12:53 Lorcin

The Cerebral Accelerator will be delivered to the first character created on the account

Oh that sounds perfect - I've never rerolled in any mmo and always been entirely happy with my first choice. /sarcasm

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo