Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor

EA announces the release of Medal of Honor, the new installment in the military shooter series that takes it from World War II into a present day setting. Here's word:

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced that Medal of Honor™ is now available at retail stores in North America. Co-developed by EA’s Danger Close™ Studio in Los Angeles and DICE in Stockholm, Medal of Honor heralds the return of EA’s storied first person shooter franchise with award-winning multiplayer combat and stunningly authentic single-player incursions. Set in today’s real-world war zone and inspired by actual missions in Afghanistan, Medal of Honor was developed with unprecedented access to the U.S. Army as well as active and retired Tier 1 Operators. The game brings a new level of authenticity to interactivity, inspired by soldiers’ stories from the war in Afghanistan, which the NY Times Magazine calls, “…transgressively real.”

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 13, 2010, 19:02 xXBatmanXx

Out of the HUNDREDS of people in my friends list and groups, very very few have it......that is enough of a review for me right there.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 13, 2010, 09:00 SpectralMeat

Mark wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 01:46:
Muahuahua... that teleport hack looks like the most evil thing I've seen in an online game! Transporting the entire opposing team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebmnDy5eIw

Might be even more nefarious if you could transport them into a middle of a fire.
I believe you could transport them out of the map.
Anyways I am back to play some BC2 and MW2 instead of Medal of Honor, pretty disappointed. I was really looking forward to this game.

Steam: SpectralMeat

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 13, 2010, 03:45 DangerDog

I really would love to be able to have a sit down with the EA exec who green-lighted this project.

I'd like to see the accounting spreadsheet on where all the money went, because you know they blew a HUGE wad on this little project. Urk

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 13, 2010, 01:46 Mark

Muahuahua... that teleport hack looks like the most evil thing I've seen in an online game! Transporting the entire opposing team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iebmnDy5eIw

Might be even more nefarious if you could transport them into a middle of a fire.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 19:47 maddog

I really would love to be able to have a sit down with the EA exec who green-lighted this project. With the success of the COD series, wouldn't you do your best to give players everything that COD is not?
*Local dedicated servers
*Full game COOP
*Full editor
*Offline bots for those that like human vs bot modes to practice

This seems like they are not even on even footing with COD, and look to be certainly blow out of the water by Black Ops.

MD

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 17:57 Beamer

Why are publishers still releasing games on different dates in different regions? I saw this article and thought "great, I'll start downloading it" only to find it's not released here for another two days. It's just another excuse to push people on the fence towards piracy and is unnecessary in an era when such a high percentage of sales come from digital distribution.

It has nothing to do with piracy.
it's just the way deliveries and sales dates work in different countries. In some it's Friday. In others it's Tuesday.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 16:45 Zardoz5

bhcompy wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 13:39:
ASeven wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 11:35:
Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 11:20:
This is one of those games where single and multi are done by separate teams using separate engines. I never fully trust that.

Plus, DICE. I know many here love DICE. I've still hated everything they've done other than the original Battlefield. God I hate not being in a vehicle in their engines.

You and me, I've hated everything DICE has done for the PC since BF2. And the game, both SP and MP, is getting really average reviews all across the board, nobody seems to find a redeeming factor in yet another derivative game.

Yep, DICE needs to stick with what they do best. Vehicular combat. BFV was crap, BF2142 was too infantry heavy, and BFBC2 just doesn't have enough vehicles. Where the hell is the modern version of Aberdeen? BF2 had a good blend of vehicles and infantry, but the Desert Combat mod was mostly better than what BF2 was.

I agree that Conquest in 2142 does have an infantry focus on some maps, that is why I play Titan mode pretty much exclusively when playing 2142. Its great and I hope they make some type of conquest/objective hybrid in BF3 as well. For those who haven't played it or given it some time its probably the best BF mode IMO.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 16:28 theyarecomingforyou

Why are publishers still releasing games on different dates in different regions? I saw this article and thought "great, I'll start downloading it" only to find it's not released here for another two days. It's just another excuse to push people on the fence towards piracy and is unnecessary in an era when such a high percentage of sales come from digital distribution.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 15:24 ASeven

Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 15:18:
That teleport hack is the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen. Why do people still give money to DICE when they're this fucking incompetent at preventing this sort of bullshit?

Meanwhile BC2 now will probably not be patched for a long, long time because DICE is now working on several projects, meanwhile PC server admins are happy to pay exorbitant prices to rent servers they barely can control and that crash in a daily basis and whose rent money goes to EA.

DICE has become the latest developer inside the clowncar that is most mainstream developers. That they are trying to pull shit like trying to sell MoH as a great competitive game to be used in e-sports is laughable and sad at the same time.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 15:18 Creston

That teleport hack is the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen. Why do people still give money to DICE when they're this fucking incompetent at preventing this sort of bullshit?

Creston

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 15:17 eunichron

maddog wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 12:46:
You'll never find "tier 1" operators wearing baseball caps on missions. Maybe around a FOB, but never on an active mission.

MD

You're partially right. They more than likely wouldn't wear anything at all... a baseball cap out in the middle of an Afghani village would make them stand out, but most of the time their missions dictate that they blend in with the locals, so they wouldn't go in wearing full battle rattle.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 15:15 MrBone

Greatest game of modern times...already bought 2 copies just in case I need a backup.  

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 14:52 SpectralMeat

jsmith wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 14:29:
If what people are saying is true about the teleport hack still in operation,

Here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=moh+teleport&aq=f

Steam: SpectralMeat

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 14:43 Beamer

It's not got enough bling bling for the 12 to 14 year olds, no eminem or fiddy cent and you can't add trinkets or stickers to your guns.

I don't even really get what this means.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 14:41 Sty

Highly unimpressed with the MP Beta. No thanks, pass for me as well.  

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 14:29 jsmith

DangerDog wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 14:04:
It's not got enough bling bling for the 12 to 14 year olds, no eminem or fiddy cent and you can't add trinkets or stickers to your guns.

If what people are saying is true about the teleport hack still in operation, I'll take 'bling bling' any day of the week over having someone teleport myself along with my entire team out of bounds, up in the air, or right in front of their AA gun.

That is just unacceptable in a modern FPS, to have a game engine that vulnerable to client side feedback on player positioning. And this didn't happen as an oversight right at release. This is going on now, with more and more videos appearing on YouTube.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 14:22 Mcboinkens

DangerDog wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 14:04:

Yeah there we go, bash Black Ops before it even comes out. I'm sure you know how much fun customization will really be. And you can add trinkets to your guns in this game. Too much ignance around these parts.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 14:04 DangerDog

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 13:39 bhcompy

ASeven wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 11:35:
Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 11:20:
This is one of those games where single and multi are done by separate teams using separate engines. I never fully trust that.

Plus, DICE. I know many here love DICE. I've still hated everything they've done other than the original Battlefield. God I hate not being in a vehicle in their engines.

You and me, I've hated everything DICE has done for the PC since BF2. And the game, both SP and MP, is getting really average reviews all across the board, nobody seems to find a redeeming factor in yet another derivative game.

Yep, DICE needs to stick with what they do best. Vehicular combat. BFV was crap, BF2142 was too infantry heavy, and BFBC2 just doesn't have enough vehicles. Where the hell is the modern version of Aberdeen? BF2 had a good blend of vehicles and infantry, but the Desert Combat mod was mostly better than what BF2 was.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Oct 12, 2010, 13:02 Bludd

MP is unfun. A furious pass from me.  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo