Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

As much as I like to fancy myself a non-idiot, I keep coming up with evidence to the contrary. Over the weekend we visited the local nursery to pick up some pumpkins to decorate our porch for the season, and along the way met the nursery owner's new umbrella cockatoo. His old one was a cranky bird, who only liked about two people, and while I happened to be one of them, his owner was not, so he eventually gave it away. His new bird is much more people-oriented, and was a lot of fun to interact with. At one point she started gently kissing my finger through the cage, so I cleverly stuck my nose through the bars to collect a better birdie smooch. If you are waiting for the part with the evidence I am an idiot, we are upon it: I now look like I've been punched in the nose from the swelling, and I have a nifty little gash on the top of it where the bird's beak penetrated the skin, though it could have been far worse, of course, as this bird was clearly capable of giving my schnoz the Michael Jackson treatment. The owner thinks she may have been reacting to the shine of my sunglasses, as she'd never bitten anyone before, but she did once latch onto a woman's necklace attracted by the glitter. This did not actually harm our little friendship, as he opened her cage and I got to pet her quite a bit without it resulting in further bloodshed.

Winged Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Kung Fu Attack.
Castle Destroyer.
Monster Slayers.
Links: The Female Character Flowchart. Thanks Neatorama.
Moon Scratch and Sniff.
Woot 7rOLL Shirt. Thanks nin.
Stories: Fox gives series order to ‘Napoleon Dynamite’.
How Doctor Who nearly became the Time Lady. Thanks Neatorama.
What Do You Say to a Naked Lawyer? Here's a Suit.
Science: Dogs are either optimists or pessimists, claim scientists. Ours are the former.
Check Out The Australian Flying Saucer That Can Transport Buildings.
Butterflies Cure Themselves with Plants.
Images: If Call of Duty Death Quotes Were Written by Players. Thanks Joker961 via reddit.
13 Halloween Costumes That Have No Business Being 'Sexy'.
Media: Norm McDonald as Quintin Tarentino.
Greatest freak out ever 11. Thanks Devicer.
Banksy Simpsons Intro. Thanks frag.machine.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2010, 07:39 InBlack

As much as I like to fancy myself a non-idiot, I keep coming up with evidence to the contrary

Laugh2

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 21:44 Enahs

This is clearly the sexiest Halloween costume:
http://www.3wishes.com/images/indianajane-d.jpg

No nudity in pic.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 17:31  Blue 

So when his parrot dies are you going to do the Monty Python Dead Parrot bit for him?

Those birds live a loooong time... it's far more likely the parrot will end up doing a dead owner bit than vice versa.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 17:24 Cutter

Dirwulf wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 14:30:
My roommate has an African Grey Parrot. She lets me pet her head sometimes, but you have to be ready, cause she'll snap at your fingers at any time. And those things can bite hard. Its also amazingly smart. Its learned my dogs name and calls out to the dog whenever she sees it and whitsles too. Confuses the hell out of the dog.

So when his parrot dies are you going to do the Monty Python Dead Parrot bit for him?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 16:37 RenownWolf

You're still at the top of the food chain. Working at a servo (gas station for y'all americans) has it's... moments.

Last night I almost had a heart attack when a customer exited his vehicle and threw his half finished lit smoke onto the ground near the pump. BAM! I sparks... I thought the end was near, but lucky it was just the ash falling off.

Only a few times have I saw the face of death due to others stupidity, but last night... oh it was a hell of a moment.

http://www.renownwolf.com

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 16:34 nin

So did MrsBlue laugh? That's the real test right there...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 16:10  Blue 

I'm sure he was hoping for at least a little sympathy here, and we tease him.

Nah, I got what I deserved... you guys getting a laugh out of it at least means someone benefits from my suffering.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 15:55 nin

@Hoop : pretty much the funniest comment ever

It's even better if you read it in a parrot voice: "<squawk!> fuckmynose! fuckmynose! <squawk!>"

Poor, Blue. I'm sure he was hoping for at least a little sympathy here, and we tease him.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 15:35 derelict koan

Wow, what a great way to start the day, thanks for that blue.

@Hoop : pretty much the funniest comment ever

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 15:17 Hoop

You just know that bird is shouting "ARGH!! ... LET GO!!!... FUCK MY NOSE!!!" at some customers right now.  

Um .. Behind you...

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 15:03 nin

My roommate has an African Grey Parrot. She lets me pet her head sometimes, but you have to be ready, cause she'll snap at your fingers at any time. And those things can bite hard. Its also amazingly smart. Its learned my dogs name and calls out to the dog whenever she sees it and whitsles too. Confuses the hell out of the dog.

I knew a coworker years ago, and I believe that's what he had. And yeah, he said it was extremely smart. It apparently didn't like his son (at all), and they'd get into this conversations where the bird would say "What IS it???" and he would say "Shut UP!". It was a riot to watch.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 14:30 Dirwulf

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 13:40 Creston

Those Star Wars costumes are very pleasing, though that's probably also because of the girls themselves. The one on the right is just hot.

Creston

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 13:01 mch

Brian is great but Peter still holds my #1 spot, I think. Still one of the stranger picks for 'sexy costume' out of the bunch.

Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone would have been amazing IMO.

PSN: CaseDesignate

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 12:53 Cutter

Wow, some of those Halloween Costumes are absolutely ridiculous. Brian from Family Guy? What the hell? But I guess it's just more proof of what Halloween is becoming, at least for the older age group.

Heh, Brian is the best part of Family Guy, like Roger is for American Dad. I love Roger's personnas he takes on. The best being when he and Francine did the homage to Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe?. That was just too funny. I actually wanted to do that for Halloween this year, but my girlfriend didn't think enough people would get it, so she wanted to do Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone. Which would have been funny telling her to go back to her home on Whore Island in front of everyone. Instead I'll be going as a Rabbi again given the immense popularity of how I did it last year, and she's not telling me what's she's doing. Keeps saying it's a secret which makes me wonder if she's joined the Stonecutters....shhhhhut-up.

And Blue, that would have been priceless to catch on video. Tell us there were several people around who got a good laugh out of it at any rate.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 12:32 Verno

I hate to be captain practicality here but I hope you disinfected that properly, birds carry a lot of potentially nasty stuff for humans.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 12:31 Ratty

Wow, what a moron! Sticking your nose in? Heh, still, I'm glad to hear your a big softy and made nice with her afterwards.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 11:59 nin

Blue, pictures or it never happened

I thought about asking for those, but decided against it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 11:46 mch

Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 11:26:
But I guess it's just more proof of what Halloween is becoming, at least for the older age group.

Fun?

An excuse for girls to dress as slutty as possible.

I'm specifically talking about an older age group, and not saying it's not fun. I don't necessarily have a problem with it

Also probably has a lot to do with the fact I was in college for the first half of the decade, so could just be my perspective.

PSN: CaseDesignate

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2010, 11:33 shul

Blue, pictures or it never happened  

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo