Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA Beta Drivers

New beta version 260.89 GeForce/Ion reference drivers for NVIDIA accelerators are now available, adding support for the newly released GeForce GT 430 GPU and offering performance improvements for a number of games under certain configurations. There are new beta drivers for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, and Windows XP 64-bit.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 12, 2010, 08:59 necrosis

Derivers? We don't need no stinking Derivers!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 12, 2010, 03:28 changingman

jimnms wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 23:12:
The reason I checked is I got a strange error while playing a game tonight. The game dropped to the desktop and there was an info box down by the system tray that said something about the display driver failed and has recovered. After the second time I checked for a new driver.

Just to let you know, that could be a symptom of an overheating card. I had it often on an 8800 Ultra before it died. Of course, it could be anything else, too, but you might want to check.

8. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 12, 2010, 01:54 Blahman

Pankin wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 22:34:
Deriver is most commonly used thusly:

"I stuffed the cat in the bag and threw the bag in deriver."

I lol'd

7. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 12, 2010, 01:14 Suddenly_Dead

Improved compatibility with... Independence War 2. On the same day that I resolved to reinstall and replay the game. Yay?  

6. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 12, 2010, 01:07 Tom

Derivers are those jerks in math class who screw up the curve.  

5. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 11, 2010, 23:35 fujiJuice

The reason I checked is I got a strange error while playing a game tonight. The game dropped to the desktop and there was an info box down by the system tray that said something about the display driver failed and has recovered. After the second time I checked for a new driver.

I get that error quite a lot in Photoshop CS5 when OpenGL is turned on, I never had it with that program, until I upgraded to 258.96. Unfortunately while it does keep the system from crashing, Photoshop becomes unusable and must be forced closed. I do appreciate the ability of Vista/7 to keep the system from crashing when that happens.

4. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 11, 2010, 23:31 Icewind

I was just on Nvidia's site to see if there was a new driver. It seems like it has been a while since they've released a driver. I have 258.96, which is still the latest WHQL driver.

Glad to see that isn't only an ATI thing.

ATI drivers are like a dice roll. Once I find one that works, I keep it and use my other PC as the guinea pig for all new driver testing.

Next card is going to be an nvidia again, for sure.

3. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 11, 2010, 23:12 jimnms

I was just on Nvidia's site to see if there was a new driver. It seems like it has been a while since they've released a driver. I have 258.96, which is still the latest WHQL driver.

MeanJim on Steam

2. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 11, 2010, 22:34 Pankin

Deriver is most commonly used thusly:

"I stuffed the cat in the bag and threw the bag in deriver."

1. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 11, 2010, 20:40 007Bistromath

Derivers? Is that like raytracing?  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer