Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Outerlight "Critically Endangered"

An Outerlight interview on Big Download talks with Chris Peck, co-founder of Outerlight, indie developer of The Ship and Bloody Good Time, two projects that began as Source-engine modifications before becoming commercial games. The discussion covers the ups and downs they've experienced, the pros and cons of independent self-publishing through Steam, and the current state of the company, which Peck says "has all but been dissolved." Here's his outlook: "The status of Outerlight is 'critically endangered'. Personally, I really hope the company will be revived. I know we made some mistakes, but I also know we got a lot right, we had a very happy, and very productive team, and we produced some innovative ideas, and I know I had a lot more good ideas, which I hope will see the light of day. I'd also say that while games development is challenging, it's also very rewarding. So, if there are any savvy investors out there, please get in touch!"

View
3. Re: Outerlight Oct 9, 2010, 21:21 Shadowcat

Never heard of "Bloody Good Time"; any good?
I don't know, but FWIW:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/bloody-good-time/

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 9, 17:02 Re: Outerlight "Critically Endangered" Prez
  2. Oct 9, 20:02  Re: Outerlight elefunk
>> 3. Oct 9, 21:21  Re: Outerlight Shadowcat
  4. Oct 10, 00:06  Re: Outerlight Beamer
  5. Oct 10, 01:01   Re: Outerlight Prez
  6. Oct 10, 10:45 Re: Outerlight "Critically Endangered" 0001
  7. Oct 10, 11:06  Re: Outerlight Kajetan

footer