Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

LEGO Universe Founders Release

The LEGO Group announces that LEGO Universe is now live as a "Founders Release" for fans who pre-ordered the game through LEGO sales channels. Word is: "Founders get two weeks of early playtime before the official U.S. launch on October 26th, when LEGO Universe will be available through mass retail outlets nationwide." They have released the game's introductory trailer in celebration, and this is embedded below.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: LEGO Universe Founders Release Oct 9, 2010, 06:04 Grumpy Sod

Silicon Avatar wrote on Oct 9, 2010, 03:05:
So can you build whatever you want like Minecraft, or is it just a boring MMO with Lego slapped on it? This trailer tells me nothing.

Half and half. There's a lot of running around beating on randomly spawning mobs while on a quest, but then I doubt you could really avoid that in an MMO. There's lots of scope for free form lego building, but only in designated areas. So I guess the answer to your question is no, not like Minecraft at all.

That said, we've been in beta, and our kids are getting their pre-order copy any day now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: LEGO Universe Founders Release Oct 9, 2010, 03:05 Silicon Avatar

So can you build whatever you want like Minecraft, or is it just a boring MMO with Lego slapped on it? This trailer tells me nothing.  

2. Re: LEGO Universe Founders Release Oct 9, 2010, 01:07 Alamar

Finally... The WoW killer... Screw Cataclysm, I'm sold!

Seriously though... Neat trailer, but knowing NOTHING about the game (and haven't played any of the lego games), I still know nothing about the game... : )

It did it's job however, because now I'm going to click on that link up there and find out a bit.

-Alamar

1. Re: LEGO Universe Founders Release Oct 8, 2010, 23:40 Ruffiana

So awesome to see this game make it. I was at NetDevil when this was just a prospect and it seemed like a long-shot at the time. Bravo guys. I wish you the best of luck and success with this game.

That is a really awesome trailer too. Anyone know who created it?

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo