Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases

The Team Fortress 2 Blog has an update written in the voice of Whitaker, owner of the gun shop across from the Liberty Mall in Left 4 Dead 2. Whitaker outlines free Team Fortress 2 items to be awarded to anyone who purchases Left 4 Dead 2 by 7:00 pm EDT tomorrow. Word is:

So now you can see I am familiar with the merchandise I speak of. While I do not understand the machinations of this skillet and hat scheme, I do know that if you purchase the said game Left 4 Dead 2, it will reward you with a free hat from my friend Ellis and a handy skillet to fry yours or more importantly your enemy's bacon. These items all manifest themselves in some infernal game called TeamFortress2 which I have no understandin' of but my good friends what I do know is these items know no class, color, weight or gender. They work for all peoples.

Now if I could get a hat and a skillet for $6.80 I would own a new hat and skillet. At that price, I implore of you, if you see a hatless or skilletless friend, buy them one.

View
15. Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Oct 7, 2010, 14:09 AngelicPenguin

Same here on the bots. I just found a good server that had no mods on it and regularly go there. It's always full (which is a good thing.)

About the hats and new weapons making TF2 an item collecting game, I couldn't think it's further from the truth and I play the game religiously.

The hats are an awesome way to identify at a glance who is who. That heavy with the Russian Hat? That's so and so, etc. The new weapons I don't see as being anything strange at all. In other FPS, you get to pick from a handful of weapons typically, so why should TF2 be any different?

I find the game very well balanced and incredibly fun. Just thought I'd throw that out there to balance the other comments

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 6, 21:07 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Dev
  2. Oct 6, 23:02  Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases MattB
  3. Oct 6, 23:46 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases xXBatmanXx
  4. Oct 7, 00:19 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Dr. D. Schreber
  5. Oct 7, 04:03  Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Nameless Again
  6. Oct 7, 04:17 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Niezly Czad
  7. Oct 7, 05:00 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Silicon Avatar
  8. Oct 7, 08:40  Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Verno
  9. Oct 7, 09:04   Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Prez
  11. Oct 7, 10:17    Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Verno
  12. Oct 7, 12:33  Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases bhcompy
  13. Oct 7, 13:43   Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Brubold
  14. Oct 7, 14:03    Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases bhcompy
>> 15. Oct 7, 14:09     Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases AngelicPenguin
  10. Oct 7, 10:08 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases theyarecomingforyou
  16. Oct 7, 17:57 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Sepharo

footer

Blue's News logo