Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases

The Team Fortress 2 Blog has an update written in the voice of Whitaker, owner of the gun shop across from the Liberty Mall in Left 4 Dead 2. Whitaker outlines free Team Fortress 2 items to be awarded to anyone who purchases Left 4 Dead 2 by 7:00 pm EDT tomorrow. Word is:

So now you can see I am familiar with the merchandise I speak of. While I do not understand the machinations of this skillet and hat scheme, I do know that if you purchase the said game Left 4 Dead 2, it will reward you with a free hat from my friend Ellis and a handy skillet to fry yours or more importantly your enemy's bacon. These items all manifest themselves in some infernal game called TeamFortress2 which I have no understandin' of but my good friends what I do know is these items know no class, color, weight or gender. They work for all peoples.

Now if I could get a hat and a skillet for $6.80 I would own a new hat and skillet. At that price, I implore of you, if you see a hatless or skilletless friend, buy them one.

View
11. Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Oct 7, 2010, 10:17 Verno

Prez wrote on Oct 7, 2010, 09:04:
Is such a thing as "over-supporting" your game? Valve is certainly pushing it. As Verno said, the game has evolved in very strange ways, and is nearly unrecognizable from the game I used to be addicted to. Not sure I'd ever go back to it now.

Yeah that's the thing. I almost feel like there is a learning curve to what used to be an accessible FPS. I loved TF2 for it's quite casual nature with deceptively deep gameplay. Maybe it's just the view from the surface seems complex but I almost feel like I'd have to play it like an MMO to get back into it and that's not really desirable. Between the unlocks, crafting and everything else, they don't make it easy for people to come back to the game.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 6, 21:07 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Dev
  2. Oct 6, 23:02  Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases MattB
  3. Oct 6, 23:46 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases xXBatmanXx
  4. Oct 7, 00:19 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Dr. D. Schreber
  5. Oct 7, 04:03  Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Nameless Again
  6. Oct 7, 04:17 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Niezly Czad
  7. Oct 7, 05:00 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Silicon Avatar
  8. Oct 7, 08:40  Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Verno
  9. Oct 7, 09:04   Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Prez
>> 11. Oct 7, 10:17    Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Verno
  12. Oct 7, 12:33  Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases bhcompy
  13. Oct 7, 13:43   Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Brubold
  14. Oct 7, 14:03    Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases bhcompy
  15. Oct 7, 14:09     Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases AngelicPenguin
  10. Oct 7, 10:08 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases theyarecomingforyou
  16. Oct 7, 17:57 Re: Team Fortress 2 Perks for Left 4 Dead 2 Purchases Sepharo

footer

Blue's News logo