Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month

Steam is now offering pre-purchases of a PC edition of DeathSpank, the previously console-only adventure game designed by former LucasArts designer Ron Gilbert during his stint at Hothead Games. Gilbert hinted that a PC edition was coming when he departed from Hothead, referring to plans for a "[REDACTED]" version, and now Steam says to expect it on October 26. Steam also announces that same day is when to expect the release of Shank, Klei Entertainment's upcoming fighting game. They are offering a 10% discount on pre-purchases of DeathSpank, a 10% discount on pre-purchases of Shank, and a 15% discount on a bundle of both games. Thanks joao via Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 7, 2010, 08:42 Verno

Dirwulf wrote on Oct 6, 2010, 18:05:

5 hours, what are you people smoking? I've got a good 7 hours in on my second playthough and I'm not even half way. Are you doing all the quests? Every. Single. One.?

I'm not sure what you're smoking to come up with 7 hours other than retreading and being OCD with EVERY.SINGLE.QUEST.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 23:55 xXBatmanXx

Was waiting for a sub 10.00 sale on Shank for the 360....guess I will just buy it on pc if it goes sub 10.....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

7. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 19:49 tskiller

About time, but I still don't appreciate being jerked around like this to drum up additional sales for the console versions.  

6. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 18:42 ochentay4

YES! I played both demos and Loved them both. A bit pricey to me nevertheless. Will wait a promo.  

5. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 18:05 Dirwulf

Verno wrote on Oct 6, 2010, 15:42:
For those who haven't played it already, DeathSpank is amusing but quite short, you probably get at most about 5 hours out of it. The humor is a little too self-aware and at times obnoxious.

I haven't played Shank, anyone care to share some experiences?

5 hours, what are you people smoking? I've got a good 7 hours in on my second playthough and I'm not even half way. Are you doing all the quests? Every. Single. One.?

I bet this is going to look great on PC. Not sure I'll buy it a second time though.

4. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 16:58 Golwar

I liked DeathSpank a lot more than Torchlight. Better a quick and joyful game, than ... well the opposite.  

3. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 15:51 SpectralMeat

There was a Shank demo on XBL. I gave it a try but didn't like it much. Not my kind of game. I have Deathspank and I did like the game but haven't played it much. Humor can be a little too much sometimes I agree. It is a little too forced.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 15:51 Paketep

About fucking time.  

1. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 15:42 Verno

For those who haven't played it already, DeathSpank is amusing but quite short, you probably get at most about 5 hours out of it. The humor is a little too self-aware and at times obnoxious.

I haven't played Shank, anyone care to share some experiences?

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo