Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, the cold war between MrsBlue and myself came to a rapid conclusion this year. We have an annual standoff over who will be first to turn on the heat when autumn comes. The stakes were a bit higher this year than usual, since we got our gas meter fixed recently, and are apparently still within the period where they are monitoring our gas usage to correct our back billing. Bill adjustments and bragging rights be damned, once the thermostat showed 63 degrees, I caved and fired up the furnace. I may have lost the war, but I won the battle, or something like that, as at least I'm not freezing.

Heated Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Against the Evil.
Dead Town.
Gibbets 2 Level Pack.
Story: Woman Mistakes Superglue for Eyedrops. Thanks Neatorama. Says it's the bottle's fault.
Science: Increasing the body's (but not brain's) cannabinoids dulls pain.
White House set to nail up solar panels.
Scientists' Graphene Work Awarded Physics Nobel.
ATM FAIL.
Pizza Box WIN.
Media: Undercover Videogame Boss.
Nicolas Cage's Agent.
Hollerado "Americanarama".
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2010, 11:30 mag

I set mine for 60-62ish in the winter. I haven't even had my gas turned on by the utility yet, though I've been considering it as the thermostat's been hitting 62 with the temps outside in the low 40s at night.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2010, 11:06 Mr. Tact

I actually set my thermostat to about 64 in the winter...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo