Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quote of the Day

"I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don't think so and who don't appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell." - Jack Thompson. Thanks Ripten via Computer and Video Games.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

3. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 20:05 Dr. D. Schreber

Prior to the change, Thompson has embarked on his usual mission to bring down the adult game, writing a letter to the US Secretary of Defense urging him to "do what is necessary, proper, and legal to stop the release of Medal of Honor", on the basis that it serves as a "demonstrable danger to our troops by providing a training tool for those who wish to kill them."

I see we're still enthralled by the fantasy that moving a mouse and clicking the left button (or nudging an analog stick and pressing R2) actually teaches you how to aim and fire a gun in real life, to say nothing of properly loading it, charging it, and maintaining it so that doing all of the above actually results in a bullet leaving the barrel. Meanwhile, the exceptional teammwork mechanics of first-person shooters teach you all you need to know about how it takes more than one man to win an engagement and how working together is essential to both getting the job done and not dying in the process.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 20:05 [VG]Reagle

Don't he was permanently disbarred by the Florida Supreme Court for inappropriate conduct, including making false statements to tribunals and disparaging and humiliating litigants  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

1. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 19:59 Silicon Avatar

I like how all the stories make sure to put "disbarred attorney" next to Jack Thompson's name. It lets everyone know right away that he's got nothing interesting to say.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo