Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quote of the Day

"I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don't think so and who don't appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell." - Jack Thompson. Thanks Ripten via Computer and Video Games.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Jack Thompson... Oct 7, 2010, 03:13 ^Drag0n^

...the Lindsay Lohan of the legal profession.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 09:45 WaltC

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 23:29:
Far too many people in power and positions of authority have a headful of bad wiring. I'd like to see the day when it's mandatory for CEOs, top execs, generals, police chiefs, et al. all have to submit to mandatory psych evaluations initially then every few years, so long as they remain in a position of authority. It would make for a vastly different world.

But then you'd have to worry about who is going to be giving the psychologists psych evals because then they'd be in authority and they'd be the ones developing the bad cranial wiring...;) It's the old story, "Who watches the watchers?"

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

21. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 06:49 InBlack

Sepharo wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 21:23:
ASeven wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 20:57:
~Internet trolls ain't got nothing on Jack. Now he's a master troll.

He's the best, a-rou-hound!
Nothin's gunna ever keep him down!

Not even disbarment!

How bout dismemberment?

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 06:22 Agrajag

Any gamers that don't know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I'll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly

Is that some kind of lame-ass death threat, or something? I think the guy is just a couple steps short of suicide-bombing Gamestops soon!

19. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 04:22 Dev

shponglefan wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 23:02:
The donkey and mayonnaise I get, but the battery?
Electricity can stimulate things you know.

18. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 03:47 Hoop

Why can't you crazy kids just be Norman Rockwell paintings.
Sell lemonade on the side of the road and have little puppies licking your face as you give change to a rosy cheeked old man.
Skin your knees mowing the lawn for dad.
Eat a hearty turkey thanks giving meal with the family in an old wooden house with a wispy curtin blowing in the breeze.
Sit outside an old gas pump at an old gas station with a stray dog watching you intently while you drink coke from one of those old bottles.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2010, 05:07.

Um .. Behind you...

17. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 03:19 Sepharo

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/10/14/

How about a comic from 2005.

I was actually just randomly reading it the other day ago.

16. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 03:00 Esoteric

That guy is truly insane. You can't really argue with people like that.  

15. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 02:09 Prez

Not only his he psychotic, but apparently old Crazy Jack is also delusional self-sycophantic enough to think that he had anything to do with the Medal of Honor Taliban name change.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 6, 2010, 01:51 The Innocent

Yeah, he's a dickwad, but gamers make his position look valid when the comments thread of the article reporting his asinine speech is filled with people talking about murdering him or turning him into a video game boss to slowly pick apart. Those folks do come off as a bit unbalanced. Just sayin'.  

13. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 23:57 PropheT

Our culture is one based on the idea of free speech and free expression. I'm not sure that campaigning against any aspect of that could ever be construed as protecting our culture.

Sex and violence has been part of our cultural identity since our pioneer days. Part of what makes us, in my mind, the best damn place on earth is that our culture can handle those things in spite of the moral crusaders that declare our doom should we not stamp out whatever their perceived evil of the moment is.

12. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 23:29 Cutter

I would have love to see on his disbarment a court order for a complete psychological evaluation. Now that would be interesting to see. I'd bet dollars to donuts he's at least borderline schizophrenic. He's certainly delusional and paranoid. Far too many people in power and positions of authority have a headful of bad wiring. I'd like to see the day when it's mandatory for CEOs, top execs, generals, police chiefs, et al. all have to submit to mandatory psych evaluations initially then every few years, so long as they remain in a position of authority. It would make for a vastly different world.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 23:15 frag.machine

shponglefan wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 23:02:
Nameless Again wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 21:40:
I'm scared to think of what Jack's idea of culture should be. Something tells me it involves donkeys, 9-volt batteries and a jar of mayonnaise.

Dude, please don't ask...

10. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 23:02 shponglefan

Nameless Again wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 21:40:
I'm scared to think of what Jack's idea of culture should be. Something tells me it involves donkeys, 9-volt batteries and a jar of mayonnaise.

9. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 21:40 Nameless Again

Any gamers who don't think so and who don't appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell.

8. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 21:37 w34sl3

[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLBx9XOhsm8[/url] NSFW

A perfect example of why Jack Thompson is a egotistical blowhard.

7. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 21:35 nin

I feel pretty confident Jack will be in hell.

So, there's your incentive...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 21:23 Sepharo

ASeven wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 20:57:

He's the best, a-rou-hound!
Nothin's gunna ever keep him down!

Not even disbarment!

5. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 21:08 Bhruic

Any gamers that don't know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I'll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly

That's almost tempting enough to track down an email address and ask him.

4. Re: Quote of the Day Oct 5, 2010, 20:57 ASeven

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo