Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Duke Nukem Forever Footage

German website Duke Nukem (Forever) Zone has another ShakyCam clip of Gearbox demonstrating Duke Nukem Forever, the revived first-person shooter that's expected next year. The first half of the clip is almost exactly the same as the one from the recent Amsterdam demonstration, however this video continues with an additional sequence showing Duke driving a vehicle and engaging in combat with a variety of weapons, with audio consisting entirely of game music and Duke quips.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 17:51 Eldaron Imotholin

The weapon limit thing is the worst thing someone ever came up with.

It's such a fucking disgrace to FPS games that the first person who came up with it and made it get implemented should get a freakin' deathpenalty. Seriously! Please tell me that guy lives in Texas!!

A two weapons limit I simply cannot fathom. What sick fuck would ever implement that in an FPS game! Or wait! Not just an FPS game! A hilarious I-piss-for-twenty-liters FPS game! I mean.. I understand the weapons limit in Call of Duty -- which isn't an FPS game but a slightly interactive movie -- but in a game like Duke Nukem!? Imagine a weapons limit in Quake or Doom! WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING?!

Ok.. easy on the booze. I'm off.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 16:47 derelict koan

Nameless Again wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 13:59:
2 weapon limit

Ah that hurts, the first turn off was the "press this, use that" icon that popped up in front of interactive things, but a 2 weap limit as well...hopes are fading

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

24. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 16:18 SpectralMeat

JoeNapalm wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 15:57:
This POS will either continue to be vaporware for years to come, or be kicked out the door in a state that makes Diakatana look like Deus Ex.

Poor John Romero have some hiccups now

Steam: SpectralMeat

23. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 15:57 JoeNapalm

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 15:35:
AngryMax wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 15:32:
Better have jetpacks, shrinker, freeze gun, and a pc release with sick multiplayer. Or fuck you and yours.

+ Laser trip mines and mini dukes.

Yeah, but then what would they put in the pre-order, Collector's Edition, and 76 DLCs?!

MADNESS!!!

This POS will either continue to be vaporware for years to come, or be kicked out the door in a state that makes Diakatana look like Deus Ex.

The King is dead. Long live REAL PC games.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

22. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 15:35 xXBatmanXx

AngryMax wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 15:32:
Better have jetpacks, shrinker, freeze gun, and a pc release with sick multiplayer. Or fuck you and yours.

+ Laser trip mines and mini dukes.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 15:32 AngryMax

20. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 15:05 SpectralMeat

Jackplug wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 15:01:
This is a vile piece of crap that just doesnt get thrown in the bin.

Its an all american game which is over the top, over hyped, full of explosions with an ego that will fill Monica Lewinskyby's mouth.
The game actually have an EGO meter, I assume that is your health bar.
No ego = death

Steam: SpectralMeat

19. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 15:01 Jackplug

This is a vile piece of crap that just doesnt get thrown in the bin.

Its an all american game which is over the top, over hyped, full of explosions with an ego that will fill Monica Lewinskyby's mouth.

18. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 14:49 nin

Watching the videos - this isn't a pc game - it is a console game.

"Pitchfor-ked"?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 14:46 xXBatmanXx

Nameless Again wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 13:59:
2 weapon limit? Seriously? I guess we mustn't upset the console kiddies who aren't smart enough to invest in a real gaming platform.

PC Gaming isn't dying. It's slowly being tortured to death.

sigh

Watching the videos - this isn't a pc game - it is a console game.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 13:59 Nameless Again

2 weapon limit? Seriously? I guess we mustn't upset the console kiddies who aren't smart enough to invest in a real gaming platform.

PC Gaming isn't dying. It's slowly being tortured to death.

sigh

15. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 13:05 yuastnav

Wait, when Duke was sprinting you couldn't see his weapon.
Does this man that Duke cannot fire weapons while he's running?

I don't know, I don't think he's the real deal.
The REAL Duke wouldn't be intimidated by something puny as slightly higher velocity. :\

14. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 12:44 eRe4s3r

Not to mention you can see the controller lag from the way he aims and how slow the enemies run He'd have no hope on competing in BC2 or MOH beta with that skill level.

So, if that makes you weep, remember that if it comes down to it, you are superior in FPS Skill to him.

13. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 12:41 eRe4s3r

Or watch the top related video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usg6L_Jk9y4&feature=related

That steering wheel one is actually kinda neat - why not for giggles? But running out of the room because of some silly scare effect - would love to see that guy play the first FEAR or indeed Dead Space or Doom 3... or Amnesia.. / Penumbra

12. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 12:37 Wildone

FUCKING CONSOLES.

NO BUY...

11. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 12:28 strangelove

Yeah, 2 weapon limit is in. George B posted over on Shacknews back when the whole gearbox deal was announced that it was actually 3d realms that made that decision, well before gearbox was involved. I don't have time to dig up the quote, but he said it was directly tied to having difficulty with selecting among a large set of weapons when using a controller. They tried several approaches but weren't happy with any of them, so opted for the current 2 weapon limit  

10. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 12:05 Verno

Frijoles wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 11:37:
Ya know, the developers and publishers KNOW their videos are going to hit Youtube. They even said so in the last one. They should just fraps it and release an official version the same day of the demonstration.

Controlling the flow of information is a big part of building hype for a title.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

9. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 12:04 kanniballl

On one hand, the whole 2-weapon limit makes sense. Really, how do you see a person running around with 8 or 9 weapons... especially when you have things like: RPG, chainsaw, various rifles, etc.

On the other hand, if this game is a throw-back to old classic gaming then the numerous weapons fills a nostalgic need.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

8. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 12:00 kanniballl

Frijoles wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 11:37:
Ya know, the developers and publishers KNOW their videos are going to hit Youtube. They even said so in the last one. They should just fraps it and release an official version the same day of the demonstration.

Shakey cam requires imagination. The picture quality is lower, so something looking lame or choppy can be assumed to be the recorder. And your mind fills in the gaps about how it might look in person.

Release something official, and the imagination and uncertainty goes away. Something looks choppy / blocky / primitive and it's the game's fault. Even though it might still be in Alpha (or earlier) the forums would still fill with "OMG ITS TEH SUXOR" or "IT LOOKS LIKE THE 1998 ENGINE"

Plus unofficial viral videos probably get watched more than the official ones because some people think it's cool and anti-establishment.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

7. Re: More Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 11:57 Acleacius

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 11:41:
I heard something about regening health and only carrying two weapons? Any truth to those?
Sadly seems so, that guy was defiantly regening in this video and two weapon limit sounds like pitchford to me. Do any of the last couple gearbox games have a two weapon limit, haven't played any of there games in years?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo