Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DC Universe Online Delayed

Less than a month from the previously announced December 2 release date for DC Universe Online, Sony Online Entertainment tells IGN their superhero MMORPG is delayed until early 2011. "SOE is dedicated to delivering the highest quality game experiences possible," says John Smedley, Sony Online Entertainment president. "DC Universe Online is the first game of its kind, and a truly massive undertaking -- the first action MMO set in the DC Universe, the first MMO on the PlayStation 3, and the first time the entire DC Universe will be accessible to the millions of fans who are eagerly anticipating its release. As the game heads into external beta testing, this extra time will allow us to address community feedback in a meaningful way. When we get deeper into external beta, we'll be able to share more information regarding the new launch date." They also have word on beta testing: "Players with VIP cards from events like San Diego Comic-Con and those who have already registered on the DCUO website will receive beta access starting as early as next week. Everyone who preorders the game in North America by November 15, 2010, is assured beta access by November 30, 2010."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 5, 2010, 10:23 Umbragen

The world has two too many superhero MMO's already.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 5, 2010, 10:14 Ant

It's better to delay than ship it out now.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

6. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 5, 2010, 04:51 Cutter

What pisses me off is EA Chicago was working on that very game you can still see some of the footage on Youtube and it was looking awesome! I scene has some bad guy rip up a lampost out of the ground and bat Cap with it sending him sailing through a building shattering walls and stuff like comic books. I almost peed my pants! It was the first game I saw come close to the sort of comic book combat we would expect. I still have no idea why they canned it as it looked freaking amazing. So yeah, I'm with you 100% just one good single-player or co-op Superhero Action-RPG.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 5, 2010, 02:41 Jerykk

Can someone please make a good, non-MMO, single-player superhero CRPG? And no Freedom Force doesn't count, as it was more a tactical strategy game than an RPG.  

4. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 4, 2010, 21:43 Dirwulf

Let me translate:

We have no clue how to make a really good MMO on PC AND PS3 and need more time to fake you into thinking we can. We've realized this by all the forum posts and we plan on implementing all the fan boys suggestions to ensure that our game sucks.

3. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 4, 2010, 20:43 Ruffiana

I want this game to do well only because I like the idea of a 'super-hero' MMO, and if this one tanks as bad as Champions Online did the chances of anyone being able to get the funding to make a really good one is practically nill.

But I have no hopes for DCUO being good itself.

2. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 4, 2010, 20:20 Cutter

"SOE is dedicated to delivering the highest quality game experiences possible," says John Smedley

Really? In what universe is this the case because I'd dearly love to see it. Smed is just one of the many reasons SOE is tanking and should have been shitcanned long ago. I can't imagine SOE lasting too much longer at the rate they're going.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: DC Universe Online Delayed Oct 4, 2010, 19:07 PropheT

Definitely smarter to do this than launch within a week of Cataclysm.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo