Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server

A new patch for SÖLDNER: Secret Wars is now available to update the military shooter to version 33800, accompanied by an updated dedicated server which carries the following warning: "The old server.ini will not be usable with this version." The patch is available on this page along with the extensive patch notes, and both downloads are mirrored on The Patches Scrolls.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server Oct 5, 2010, 02:35 Frosty

Holy POOP!

Zoldner! Wow that was a game I had such high hopes for, but....

Wowzerz to see that name!

Was fun for a bit at least, then dropped like a ton of bricks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server Oct 4, 2010, 22:22 space captain

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 4, 2010, 22:00:
ZOLDNER!

DISCONNECTED!

suddenly its 5 years ago

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server Oct 4, 2010, 22:00 Elf Shot The Food

ZOLDNER!

DISCONNECTED!

5. Re: New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server Oct 4, 2010, 19:28 Aero

Man... I followed the development and bought this game when it came out and, as everyone says, it had huge potential but just didn't work out in the end.

I have to wonder if I still have it somewhere. Just time and advancing hardware would have solved my biggest problems with it by now, and it's amazing to see they're still patching it. They were always pretty good with the patches so far as I remember, it's just they were at such a terrible deficit at the time of the initial release, I didn't have the patience to wait for the patch that finally made it good (assuming that eventually came).

Does anyone still play it? I can't imagine that I still have that disk after, what, six or seven years now? I'm might possibly be willing to chance the $10 on a new copy. Maybe.

4. Re: New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server Oct 4, 2010, 18:18 xXBatmanXx

Was a great game. Roomate and I got it right when it came out - they kind of dropped the ball on this game - had TONS of potential. Controls sucked, flying sucked, net code REALLY sucked.

Oh well. I think it gave ideas and encouragement to other devs to do better work anyway.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOLDNER!

I still get happy bday e-mails from their main server.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server Oct 4, 2010, 16:57 nin

Wow, haven't seen that game for a long long time.

I was about to post the exact same thing.

Had no idea it was still around/supported.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server Oct 4, 2010, 16:41 Hump

Had the original devs been able to pull this game off it could've been one of the best tactical multiplayer shooters ever made. It's easy-to-pick-up playability of a Battlefield game and the depth of an ARMA title was great (when things worked and you could get online that is.....). Unfortunately PC's simply weren't up to the demands that the destructible terrain put on it. Also, the coding was a disaster.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

1. Re: New SÖLDNER: Secret Wars Patch & Server Oct 4, 2010, 15:38 NicklePop

Wow, haven't seen that game for a long long time.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo