Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The Giants came through, so their season is still intact. They are, in fact, tied for first place in their division. It was certainly an odd game, but better to win oddly than to lose normally.

Odd Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Legend of Johnny.
Battle Formation.
Links: Big TV Stars That Aren't Big Anymore.
Bikini Track Sprint. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: 15-year-old raped in court: Rapist gets probation, teen gets 12 months.
Germany marks 20 years as reunified nation.
Science: Neurosurgeons use MRI-guided lasers to 'cook' brain tumors. Thanks [H]ard-OCP.
Ancient giant penguin unearthed in Peru.
Experts baffled by 'small' Bangladesh tigers. Eaten by giant penguins?
Gotham Starry Night And Other Van Gogh Parodies. Thanks Neatorama.
Abbey Ghost Is In My Ears, And It Goes Wakka Wakka Wakka.
Media: Oh The Humanity.
The Funnies: Breakfasts of Non-Champions.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 5, 2010, 19:47 xXBatmanXx

Darks wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 10:31:
I donít know what games you have been watching, but the Steelers are defiantly the best in the AFC. Yea we lost in the last 60 seconds but had Ben been there leading the offense this game would not have even been close. Now that heís back, you can bet that heís going to be putting up a lot more points. And you referred two weeks. Ok, we crushed Tampa bay. So Iím confused about your statement.

http://www.nfl.com/standings

This shows 4 teams with the same record.
(Probably 5 if the Chiefs had not had a bye - they are very impressive this year)
It also shows the PATS with almost 2x the points.

I would take the Jets and Pats over your Steelers anyday of the week.

It also shows that your Steelers are only 500 in your Conference.

Ben will do about as good as he did last year......crappy.

Saying you beat the Bucs is like getting excited you beat the Bills.....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 5, 2010, 10:31 Darks

I donít know what games you have been watching, but the Steelers are defiantly the best in the AFC. Yea we lost in the last 60 seconds but had Ben been there leading the offense this game would not have even been close. Now that heís back, you can bet that heís going to be putting up a lot more points. And you referred two weeks. Ok, we crushed Tampa bay. So Iím confused about your statement.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

10. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 5, 2010, 06:55 xXBatmanXx

But it was kinda hard to find some place that would sell me a juicy cheese burger at 6am...

The place I go has full menu open til close. 7am-2am.

I love working nights - always have. I am more of a night person anyway. That 8-5 9-5 M-F grind is hell. Why the F would I want to be off on the weekend when everyone else is also off? You know how nice it is when my "Saturday" is a Tue or Wed and I drop my boat in the lake on a crisp morning? Guess how long I have to wait in line or how much traffic there is? NONE! Life is more enjoyable. When the football season comes around, I just take holiday and vacation to go to the games. It is perfect.

I prefer shopping in the middle of the night when no one is there and the shelves are stocked. The workers are filling things in, if you have a question they are happy to help bc there is no one there and they enjoy some small talk, etc.

Less bs at night. Less stress. Less grind.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

9. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 21:56 Sepharo

Rigs wrote on Oct 4, 2010, 20:56:
But it was kinda hard to find some place that would sell me a juicy cheese burger at 6am...

That's why I love living in Metro Detroit, so many stores and restaurants are 24 hour because of the auto plants. Even now as the plants themselves diminish the expectation is just that places stay open late.

It's always weird going out of town and not being able to hit a party store ("convenience store" for you non-midwesterners) at 3AM.

8. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 20:56 Rigs

I work nights so I end up at the bar with all the UPS, USPS, FedEx workers and play pull tabs, have "breakfast" and watch The Price is Right. It is a nice treat after my 3 days of 12 hour shifts.

Another poor soul who works the graveyard shift, eh?...I actually prefer it but it's hard to convince some employers to give you a 12-hour work day and make it the 3rd shift. I mean, I'd even do 2 20-hour shifts if they'd let me. I personally find it to be a pain in the ass to do 8 hour days, 5 days a week. Pretty much ruins any free time you get during the week. I would do security 4 days a week, 10 hour days and loved every bit of it. But it was kinda hard to find some place that would sell me a juicy cheese burger at 6am...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

7. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 18:41 xXBatmanXx

Darks wrote on Oct 4, 2010, 16:40:
Blues its great and all that you support your team, but I hate to break it to you, your team is going no where this year. Their Defense sucks and the offense isnt much better.

I think the Steelers are going to be the team to beat this year. Cry me a river Ravens think they are good, but they got very lucky with their win yesterday. San Diego, they are not very good either and rthe Colts they wont be going either. This is going to be a Green Bay vs Steelers Super Bowl. With the Steelers winning it in OT. watch and see!

I don't think the Steelers nor the Pack will see the SB.....very early in the season to say either of those 2 teams will win it considering both of their play the last 2 weeks. Are we watching the same games!!!!?

6. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 18:39 xXBatmanXx

sauron wrote on Oct 4, 2010, 11:54:
Breakfasts of Non-Champions.

The Breakfast of Badasses is two-tiered. For wannabe badasses, it's 3 cigarettes plus a breathmint. For real ones, it's a blunt, a shot of Jack and a raw clove of garlic.

Signed,

Sauron (badass).

Meh. 3 "screwdrivers" (more booze than oj), 2 beers, 1 cup of coffee, American fries with cheese, 2 sausage patties, 2 eggs, and 2 pieces of toast....wheat of course - trying to eat healthy and all.

That is my "Friday" breakfast after work.
I work nights so I end up at the bar with all the UPS, USPS, FedEx workers and play pull tabs, have "breakfast" and watch The Price is Right. It is a nice treat after my 3 days of 12 hour shifts.

5. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 16:40 Darks

Blues its great and all that you support your team, but I hate to break it to you, your team is going no where this year. Their Defense sucks and the offense isnt much better.

I think the Steelers are going to be the team to beat this year. Cry me a river Ravens think they are good, but they got very lucky with their win yesterday. San Diego, they are not very good either and rthe Colts they wont be going either. This is going to be a Green Bay vs Steelers Super Bowl. With the Steelers winning it in OT. watch and see!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2010, 15:50 Hoop

Reverse Psychology delivers again.
You may get them to another Super Bowl by declearing their demise for the rest of the season.

Who are they going to lose to this week?

Um .. Behind you...

3. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 12:31 Cutter

Yeah I wasn't overly impressed all around for what I saw for games yesterday.  

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 11:54 sauron

The Breakfast of Badasses is two-tiered. For wannabe badasses, it's 3 cigarettes plus a breathmint. For real ones, it's a blunt, a shot of Jack and a raw clove of garlic.

Signed,

Sauron (badass).

Kittens!

1. Breakfasts of Non-Champions. Oct 4, 2010, 10:57 Enahs

What are you if instead of cold pizza you have warm pizza?

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo