Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Duke Nukem Forever Footage

Some Duke Nukem Forever footage (NSFW) is a ShakyCam clip of the presentation of the upcoming first-person shooter at Firstlook. The clip features Randy Pitchford again channeling a potty-mouthed Howard Dean along with a little gameplay footage, showing an interactive urinal, an interactive whiteboard, an alien resonance cascade at the Duke Mesa research facility and a boss battle on a football field where more Gatorade than alien blood is spilled until a mulligan leads to a happier ending, including an extra point and a, well... happy ending. Thanks Morris.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 5, 2010, 10:17 Zoom

I am concerned about the console-first approach as well. I want Duke to be the idiotic nazi macho bastard he was, i want my "shake it baby" and naked boobness, the pooping over a boss ripped neck, and all the utterly funny crap they did put in DN3D back then. And most of all i want real FPS controls, not consolized nonsense.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 14:30 Jdrez

Seems to have retained the over-the-top juvenile machismo that made the first one great.

I'm less skeptical than I was that it would be a crap-fest. We'll see...

41. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 14:00 wtf_man

It looks ok to me too. I'm not a graphics whore.

I'm more concerned about consolitus than the graphics.

If it plays like a sucky console port... then we never did get a DNF release, as far as I'm concerned.

40. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 10:53 Surf

Looks ok to me.

Cannot stand marketing assholes that use contrived mannerisms and buzz words and also come out with a blazer and a t-shirt on.

Fucking grow up game industry.

39. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 10:47 Dmitri_M

It's probably the high quality 44khz sounds making him sound "different". The clips we're all used to were probably playing back at 11\22khz way back when.  

38. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 10:17 Jivaro

Shataan wrote on Oct 4, 2010, 09:36:
Ya know, the stuff Dukes doing is sorta outthere cool n all, but the voice acting suxors, and does not seem Dukish to me anyways. Someone like Bruce Campbell would have been better. Duke NEEDS a voice. Certainly needs 1 better than I am hearing in the vid.

It is the same voice actor isn't it?

37. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 09:36 Shataan

Ya know, the stuff Dukes doing is sorta outthere cool n all, but the voice acting suxors, and does not seem Dukish to me anyways. Someone like Bruce Campbell would have been better. Duke NEEDS a voice. Certainly needs 1 better than I am hearing in the vid.  

36. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 08:31 Dmitri_M

Luckily I have no expectations.

Life is simpler that way.

35. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 06:05 Jackplug

is that it!!!  

34. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 05:26 eRe4s3r

If thats really in the game then that'd be epic indeed  

33. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 01:43 Dr. D. Schreber

Duke Nukem Forever is the little game that could, all because of Randy Picture. Truly, the world we live in is magical and wondrous.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

32. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 01:06 Acleacius

They cut away as pitchford said, he knew they were filming and didn't want some of the content filmed, at least that's my take.

Maybe the first time I have ever agreed with pitchford, uggh. What's it Damsel says? Me and the Cam on the same side?

Think I'll go eat something so I can vomit!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

31. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 4, 2010, 00:36 Jerykk

The cheesy cuts of the gameplay were obviously due to incomplete gaps...the whole thing was staged, not realtime. This thing is going to be a disaster.

You do realize that everything they were showing off was completely playable at PAX? I'm not sure why they kept cutting away from the demo but it definitely wasn't due to incomplete content.

30. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 3, 2010, 23:31 SM0k3

Nameless Again wrote on Oct 3, 2010, 21:19:
I want to see what multiplayer deathmatch is like. I want laser trip mines, jetpacks, steroids and HoloDukes. In other words, I want fun, zany deathmatch again.

YES!!! I concur with this sentiment!

29. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 3, 2010, 23:26 Wildone

Thats why people love using gamepads for FPS right its so much FUN to aim with in a linear fashion....  

28. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 3, 2010, 23:00 Acleacius

Here's some choice bits.
The case was settled with prejudice and details undisclosed in May, 2010. On 3 September 2010, after 13 years,
Quake II engine, 1997-1998
Unreal engine, 1998-2002
In 2004, video game website GameSpot reported that Duke Nukem Forever had switched to the Doom 3 engine.[28] Many gaming news sites mailed Broussard, asking him to confirm or deny the rumor. After receiving no answer from him, they published the rumor as fact, but Broussard explicitly denied the rumor soon after.

I am pretty sure they have just been using upgraded Unreal with there modifications or completely rewriting it, since 2002.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

27. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 3, 2010, 22:28 MrBone

Wow...no wonder this thing hasn't been put out yet. The devs are complete and utter idiots. That was easily the worst presentation I have ever witnessed. The cheesy cuts of the gameplay were obviously due to incomplete gaps...the whole thing was staged, not realtime. This thing is going to be a disaster.  

26. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Footage Oct 3, 2010, 22:24 Jerykk

This was the first sign that things were going horribly wrong with the development. (Actually, come to think of it, it might have been the *Quake* engine, and then the Unreal engine).

DNF first used the Quake 2 engine, then they switched to Unreal, then to Unreal Tournament. Not sure what happened after that.

25. Re: Duke Footage. Oct 3, 2010, 22:00 Bumpy

Meh to the presentation. Will wait and see if the full game delivers much more creative stuff.  

24. Re: Duke Footage. Oct 3, 2010, 21:51 CJ_Parker

Highlander wrote on Oct 3, 2010, 21:47:
I'm underwhelmed. I had higher expectations.

Same here. I can pee in first person in my bathroom with even better gfx. Don't need no fucking DN4ever for that kind of shit err... piss I mean .

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo