Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Fallout: New Vegas

The Bethesda Blog has news that development on Fallout: New Vegas is complete, and the now-gold action/RPG sequel is being manufactured for its October 19 release. They also show off a spiffy Fallout: New Vegas cake and point the way to The Bethesda Podcast Episode 3 where senior producer Jason Bergman answers community questions about the game. They also offer the game's system requirements of a dual-core 2.0 GHz CPU and minimum of either an NVIDIA GeForce 6 series or ATI 1300XT series graphics card.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. removed Oct 8, 2010, 06:03 a2zsource

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 8, 2010, 10:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 6, 2010, 16:45 Bet

DedEye wrote on Oct 4, 2010, 08:45:
I remmber when Daggerfall first came out....lots of CTD. Their phone support was pretty good back then though....phoned them up and got a work around pretty quickly. Idk what it's like now.

After patching FO3 works just fine with win7 64 bit. The only trouble I've had with crashes lately is when I add a conflicting mod or too many NPC "buddies".

New Vegas is one of the few games I've pre-prdered this year; looking forward to it.

It's the only game I've preordered this year. I must be looking forward to it too.

23. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 4, 2010, 08:45 DedEye

I remmber when Daggerfall first came out....lots of CTD. Their phone support was pretty good back then though....phoned them up and got a work around pretty quickly. Idk what it's like now.

After patching FO3 works just fine with win7 64 bit. The only trouble I've had with crashes lately is when I add a conflicting mod or too many NPC "buddies".

New Vegas is one of the few games I've pre-prdered this year; looking forward to it.

22. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 2, 2010, 11:18 Wowbagger_TIP

I personally have never had significant issues with Bethesda games and bugs/polish.
I don't think Bethesda games could ever really be considered polished, and they are generally pretty buggy. At least they generally patch the worst of the bugs, but leave the rest to the mod community to handle. I still find Oblivion to be a disappointment in its blandness and poor gameplay decisions. Luckily that stuff was mostly fixed by modders.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

21. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 2, 2010, 11:11 StingingVelvet

If you believe Obsidian that a lot of their issues have to do with a lack of publisher support then... well... this game might be a lot more polished. Maybe.

*cue Bethesda bugs jokes*

I personally have never had significant issues with Bethesda games and bugs/polish.

20. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 2, 2010, 01:36 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 22:57:
ASeven wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 18:55:
Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck.

I'm not really worried about it sucking. These guys obviously know Fallout, and they know what makes a good Fallout game. Combined with the accessibility of FO3 will make for a good game.

I AM worried about it being buggy as shit, and about it being absolutely awesome in the first 40-70% of the game, and then in traditional Obsidian fashion going to absolute hell for the last parts.

MAYBE they'll have learned by now. I'm not so convinced though...

Creston

QFT so very spot on Creston

19. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 2, 2010, 00:23 Verno

hubricide wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 21:59:
There is XP 64...

No there really isn't. Even Microsoft disavowed that bastardized OS.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

18. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 23:53 Bet

Creston wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 22:57:

I'm not really worried about it sucking. These guys obviously know Fallout, and they know what makes a good Fallout game. Combined with the accessibility of FO3 will make for a good game.

I AM worried about it being buggy as shit, and about it being absolutely awesome in the first 40-70% of the game, and then in traditional Obsidian fashion going to absolute hell for the last parts.

Creston
Well, to polish out bugs, they do have almost 3 weeks from the day it should be on Steam, which is today. Right? If it's complete. Like they say it is, with this press release. Right?

Right?

Right...

17. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 22:57 Creston

Creston

16. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 22:07 Dev

hubricide wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 21:59:
There is XP 64...

Yeah... for masochists. Its even less compatible with software/games and drivers than vista or 7.

If someone wants a 64 bit OS they really should just bite the bullet and go with vista/7. Put XP (32 bit) on a dual boot if necessary for older games. Hdd space is cheap.

15. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 21:59 zincthallinide

There is XP 64...  

14. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 21:01 Dev

Now if only gamestop would let their coupons work on pre-orders again. I did that with SC2 and I want to do that with fallout to get the vault 13 pre-order package, but so far looks like I'm out of luck. The only code that might work is one that lets you get a pre-owned title for 50% off when combined with a pre-order. Perhaps I should throw in a used halo reach with the game, and then sell it on craigs list.

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 19:41:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 18:10:
Gratz Obsidian!

Interesting, dual core and 3 gig, minimum? That could cut sales down a bit.

That is also going to eliminate a huge % of people who still use XP as shown by Steam's most recent hardware analysis......
Why? You can do dual core on XP, and the memory limit is 4gb (although admittedly it can't make much use of memory above 2gb in many cases).

Anyway the beth page itself shows 2 gigs of memory minimum.

I think its likely that most people running XP probably have lower end hardware on average, so its likely the average XP gamer can't run the game at a playable rate.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2010, 21:07.

13. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 20:47 Fion

Sweet I haven't had a new game to play for a while, first AAA game of the fall season so I'm looking forward to it.

Come on Obsidian, don't release yet another game that isn't quite finished, polished and full of bugs. You are really getting a name for doing so so I expect you to take this fantastic license and prove to me you can stand with the big boys!

12. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 20:08 jimnms

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 19:03:
Hopefully this won't be hugely buggy and largely unsupported with patches like Fallout 3 was. Oh wait, Bethesda and Obsidian...

I've still got hope as I really liked Fallout 3 when it wasn't freezing and crashing or refusing to work on Windows 7 unless you shut Aero off.
Huh? Didn't Fallout 3 have 7 patches? And it works just fine on my system with Windows 7 64bit without turning Aero off.

MeanJim on Steam

11. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 20:04 SM0k3

HELL YES, CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!! At the right time too because I just jumped back into Fallout 3 and discovering some of the cool mods that have come out since I last played like FWE  

10. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 19:41 xXBatmanXx

Acleacius wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 18:10:
Gratz Obsidian!

Interesting, dual core and 3 gig, minimum? That could cut sales down a bit.

That is also going to eliminate a huge % of people who still use XP as shown by Steam's most recent hardware analysis......

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 19:40 xXBatmanXx

wow - this came up fast....I have been playing so many damn games I time is flying by.

Pretty excited for this.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 19:22 Eldaron Imotholin

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

It'll be fun, sure. But the hype is hilarious.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

7. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 19:03 Parallax Abstraction

Hopefully this won't be hugely buggy and largely unsupported with patches like Fallout 3 was. Oh wait, Bethesda and Obsidian...

I've still got hope as I really liked Fallout 3 when it wasn't freezing and crashing or refusing to work on Windows 7 unless you shut Aero off.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

6. Re: Gold - Fallout: New Vegas Oct 1, 2010, 18:55 ASeven

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo