Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment

Mythic Entertainment is now offering a reenlistment program for lapsed players of Ultima Online, Warhammer Online, and Dark Age of Camelot to rejoin the MMORPGs for a two-week period. Word is: "Let the online pandemonium begin! BioWare Mythic has summoned all former Ultima Online™ (UO), Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning® (WAR) and Dark Age of Camelot™ players to join the Return of the Legends Re-Enlistment Celebration, beginning today, September 30. Returning legends will receive a hero’s welcome with free game time, bonuses, and events for the former players returning to the lands of Britannia, The Old World and Camelot."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 18:05 Silicon Avatar

I wish they'd sell a "Ultima Creator" using the UO engine. People would remake a lot of the Ultima games and be quite happy with it.

Otherwise, not really interested.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 12:14 bhcompy

Esoteric wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 03:46:
To be honest, WAR isn't half bad nowadays. It's the best current option for PvP/RvR, period. Unfortunately, this is a niche in itself, and the rough launch and the continued perception after that has hurt it a lot.

It still has problems of course, but T1-T3 is a blast to play, and T4 can still be fun at times. My GF and I just started playing again (after playing from launch to about 9 months), and we're having fun.

This is a RvR game. You will die a lot by other real people. (this is why PvP/RvR focused games will always be niche)

It has inherited far too much from New Frontiers in DAoC and WoW rather than innovating like the original DAoC was. Darkness Falls is the best dungeon ever created, and they've never approached that level of quality since.

/RIP Emain Macha
//EVE is now where it's at for PVP of any type

14. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 11:47 Acleacius

Too bad Bioware is being associated with this tragic attempt. Why would people pay, when there are much better games for free, not to mention much better when paying a monthly fee?  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

13. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 11:33 Kxmode

Let the online pandemonium begin

Sorry Mythic, but I'm just not into pandas. But hey, if you guys are who am I to stop you...

12. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 10:43 Mead

Sorry, no time.

Got mines to craft.

11. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 09:48 wtf_man

Mythic is teh suq.

They ran DAOC into the ground and launched a "semi-flop" and ran it into the ground too (very quickly).

You couldn't pay me to play one of their games.

I gave them 2 chances with DAoC (Which is rare for me... once I quit an MMO it is usually permanent)... never again will they get a dime from me.

It's difficult to tell which is worse... Cryptic or Mythic... at least with Cryptic, you know it's a piece of shit up front and to avoid it. With Mythic... you get the "bait and switch into a piece of shit", which can be way more aggravating.

10. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 04:10 Alamar

To be honest, WAR isn't half bad nowadays. It's the best current option for PvP/RvR, period. Unfortunately, this is a niche in itself, and the rough launch and the continued perception after that has hurt it a lot.

I just started playing some WAR 2 weeks ago... again, from the first month at launch... So I've played the game for a total of like 4 weeks heh...

But ya, naturally, the game seems better in some ways now, but holy hell it's annoying to see so many launch day bugs in the game 2 years later... Not saying WoW doesn't have some, but these are pretty damned annoying.

I am enjoying myself though. Got a Warrior Priest (melee healer), and Bright Wizard (ranged DPS with a healthy heaping of AOE) to just inside T3, which isn't nearly as populated as T2, which was great fun : )

I highly recommend people to give it another go, and I'll even be kind enough to refer you : ) Mount looks pretty : )

-Alamar

9. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 03:46 Esoteric

It still has problems of course, but T1-T3 is a blast to play, and T4 can still be fun at times. My GF and I just started playing again (after playing from launch to about 9 months), and we're having fun.

This is a RvR game. You will die a lot by other real people. (this is why PvP/RvR focused games will always be niche)

8. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 03:38 Xil

Kobalt wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 01:03:
Was going to say your game has to be a pretty big failure for f2p to make sense(ie all turbine and soe games), but that's what warhammer is. Daoc and ultima online so ancient they might as well.

well to be honest I think of the lotro f2p more as f2t (free to try), sure you can play for years but looking at the quest packs you seem to get (http://www.codemasters.com/lotro/freetoplay/info/) you wont be going very far. And I really don't think lotro is a failure, it might not be as huge as WoW but then no game is. It a fun well polished game thats going F2P/F2T after they saw what a huge success it was for DDO

7. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 02:11 zodden

Kobalt wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 01:03:
Was going to say your game has to be a pretty big failure for f2p to make sense(ie all turbine and soe games), but that's what warhammer is. Daoc and ultima online so ancient they might as well.

Since when is Lotro a failure? You don't know what your talking about.

6. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 01:22 LazyCat

Bah! Only thing Mythic could do to get back in the real MMO field would be to make a modern version of DAOC and actually try to keep it balanced and updated. Dont think they have the talent for it.  

5. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 01:12 Sepharo

DAoC is still around?

Yeah I know you'd think that surprise would be directed at UO. But I've actually heard of that still being around more often than DAoC at all.

4. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 01:10 Kedyn

Rather than "reenlist" in any of these trainwrecks, I think I'll just run for the border into Azeroth where my precious spare time won't be wasted mercilessly.  

3. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Oct 1, 2010, 01:03 Kobalt

2. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Sep 30, 2010, 23:14 Cutter

Easy solution to get people back to these games, F2P, F2P, F2P.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: Mythic Entertainment MMOG Reenlistment Sep 30, 2010, 21:54 The Half Elf

I would actually be interested in romping around UO again, but EA cleared out character older then X amount of time and wouldn't be worth it anymore.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo