Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary

The Bethesda Blog offers a third Fallout: New Vegas video developer diary highlighting development of the upcoming RPG sequel. Word is: "In this week’s episode, the team at Obsidian discuss the game’s art direction — sharing details on how they captured the essence of the Mojave desert and the classic, Rat Pack-era of Las Vegas."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. a potential, not a given Oct 1, 2010, 17:48 space captain

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 08:39:
which means individualism in speech is just a phantom...

fixed that for you

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Oct 1, 2010, 09:37 nin

"In this week’s episode, the team at Obsidian discuss the game’s art direction

Which week will they talk about patching and post shipping support?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Oct 1, 2010, 08:39 eRe4s3r

Tis nice to know , all my latest posts today must seem like i am seriously bored, and in fact i am very much so (freelancers without freelancing job are freeloaders! ;P)

I still would like to know why that happens though, clearly social science tells us that "mob rule" dictates that our way of speech converts the newcomers way of speech, yet I experienced it completely reversed. And the closer you were to the newcomer the more "drastic" the adaption of everyone around him. Well twas weird anyhow and even 10 years after that "incident" i still have no clue whatsoever what caused it.

And it bugs me because, if what i experienced is the standard behavior then one has to wonder whether the way we speak is actually individualism or simply us being overtaken by someones else way of speech without us noticing it. High School and Youth Slangs would definitely say yes to that - which means individualism in speech is just a phantom...

6. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Oct 1, 2010, 08:22 osage no onna

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 08:11:
/Me just added a really weird Post to the Internets, enjoy

I did as a matter of fact!

5. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Oct 1, 2010, 08:11 eRe4s3r

I find that this is caused by 1 person speaking like that, for some reason your brain starts to imitate this against your will and you start doing it too. I had a big case of this when, way way back in school (10+ years) someone from a different part of Germany got in my class and he spoke in a very funny but also kinda nice sounding way (like he put the pitch and high notes of a word at different places so it sounded like a more melodic way of speaking, where every sentence became much more diverse in tone) after 2 weeks basically everyone who was around that dude spoke the same way.

What was funny about it, was that we didn't notice this until he was gone again and we started speaking normally and we all wondered why we spoke that way in the first place... that was odd, something for the social researchers i guess.

/Me just added a really weird Post to the Internets, enjoy

4. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Oct 1, 2010, 07:14 Eldaron Imotholin

Underwhelming as ever.

And what Ereaser just said is, in a way, what I've been saying. It's like looking at an expansion or mega-mod, the only negative thing is that it's not Fallout 3.

Underwhelming as ever.

Edit/Add: Btw, is speaking like everything you say is a question some sort of dialect? Because atleast two guys in that video have it bigtime or show signs of it. Freaking annoying. I thought only highschool bitches talked like that.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2010, 07:23.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

3. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Oct 1, 2010, 07:03 eRe4s3r

What i really fear is that with Vegas, the difference between a fully modded Fallout 3 and Vegas Default will be so extreme that Vegas looks like a 20minute freeware game in comparison.

FO3 is prolly the only game where i'd rather play FO3 just with different mods than any "sequel" . Same with Oblivion.

2. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Oct 1, 2010, 05:03 jimnms

Like Fallout 3, the children will likely be unkillable, but except for a few essential NPC's, everyone else can be killed. If you're get it for the PC, you can use the console to make them killable if that is your thing.  

MeanJim on Steam

1. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Video Diary Sep 30, 2010, 22:04 AngryMax

Can i like kill an old woman in this video? Or kick a baby? I want to do those things in a realistic simulation because i am a closet sociopath. I would like to realize my suspicions in the fun of wanton murder accompanied by hellish gore.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo