Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Manual Borderlands Patch

Gearbox Software now offers manual downloads of the new version 1.40 patch for Borderlands, their role-playing shooter. The new version accommodates the game's fourth DLC and addresses a bug where certain items would be destroyed when loading a map other than the location where they were originally found. There are two patches, one for Germany and one for all other territories. One or both downloads are mirrored on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, The Patches Scrolls, and WorthPlaying.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Manual Borderlands Patch Sep 30, 2010, 23:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I wasn't even looking at the Manual Download to be honest, through Steam the patch was like 899 megs, I'm assuming it's the same patch. Less hassle for the boxed copy users, that's better than nothing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Manual Borderlands Patch Sep 30, 2010, 18:19 BurntSoul

It's nice that they patched the game and all, and that bug was annoying, but why was this patch 900megs?

This patch was 196-197megs, from what I could tell. That's much better than a 900meg patch.

4. Re: Manual Borderlands Patch Sep 30, 2010, 17:59 DG

I guess it required a fix in a map, which means reissuing the whole file (nobody seems to like delta updating, I guess chances of it not working properly are high).  

3. Re: Manual Borderlands Patch Sep 30, 2010, 16:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's nice that they patched the game and all, and that bug was annoying, but why was this patch 900megs?

2. Re: Manual Borderlands Patch Sep 30, 2010, 14:04 Lord Tea

indeed. I lost two very powerful dark orange guns because of this shit. I'm glad this is fixed now.  
UPSA = United Police States of America

1. Re: Manual Borderlands Patch Sep 30, 2010, 10:47 Creston

a bug where certain items would be destroyed when loading a map other than the location where they were originally found

That's a pretty damn irritating bug. Damn.

Creston

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo