Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EverQuest II Extended Live

The EverQuest II Website announces that EverQuest II Extended is now out of beta, offering a way to play Sony Online Entertainment's MMORPG sequel free-of-charge. Word is: "To celebrate the launch, EQ2X players can claim their free Staff of the Rising Phoenix from the in-game Marketplace on the Freeport server. The staff is an appearance-only item, depicting a phoenix engulfed in glowing flames, and will be available for a limited time only, so be sure to claim yours before 11:59 pm PDT on Sunday, October 3rd."

View
5. Re: EverQuest II Extended Live Sep 29, 2010, 13:38 Cutter

Yeah I was just playing the last 2 months and the cons definitely outweigh the pros with this game. SOE is the number one problem. They're so cheap they never want to give anything away so its not like you get anything for your monthly fee ever. Their microtransactions are ridiculously overpriced on everything. $13 for a cloak. $25 for a mount? LOL! Their F2P model compared to Turbine is utter shite. Then again so is just about every other F2P model I've seen so far. And the servers are friggin empty. They desperately need a lot of server mergers, which SOE won't do because they see it as bad PR. Meanwhile, from 1 to level 50, I'd be lucky to see 3 or 4 people in the same zone. So you could never group or do any of the harder stuff because no one was around. And yeah, it's aged horribly. Visually its just fugly. Now I'm playing LOTRO and its one of the prettiest virtual places I've ever seen.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 29, 11:20 Re: EverQuest II Extended Live sauron
  3. Sep 29, 11:57  Re: EverQuest II Extended Live Grounded
  2. Sep 29, 11:24 Re: EverQuest II Extended Live Ant
  4. Sep 29, 13:01 Re: EverQuest II Extended Live Acleacius
>> 5. Sep 29, 13:38  Re: EverQuest II Extended Live Cutter
  6. Sep 29, 13:43   Re: EverQuest II Extended Live sauron
  7. Sep 29, 14:15  Re: EverQuest II Extended Live Ant
  8. Sep 29, 15:42 Re: EverQuest II Extended Live Acleacius
  9. Sep 29, 15:54  Re: EverQuest II Extended Live Ant