Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer

A new trailer shows off the engine in Sword of the Stars II, the 4X strategy sequel currently in development at Kerberos Productions. Here's word on the trailer: "Boasting an all new graphics engine and incorporating new ship details that allow for new fleet strategies and tactics, Sword of the Stars 2 is poised to revive the 4X space genre and is scheduled for a 2011 release."

View
6. Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer Sep 29, 2010, 09:32 Burrito of Peace

I watched this in YouTube's HD version and I am not terribly excited about it.

The textures look muddy and a bit low rez. N:TJI, while an older game, had much crisper textures on the ships themselves.

Also, when the camera pans around the nameplate on the SFS Minks, the ship name alternately is flat on the hull and then pops off of it to float above it. If that's a feature, it's not well done.

Space is vast and gorgeous and any game set in space that centers around starships needs to reflect that. I agree with the poster a few comments above that no one has yet to capture that like Homeworld and N:TJI did.

Shame, really, given that the 4x formula of build, research, build and kill has pretty much been perfected.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 28, 21:02 Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer Parias
  2. Sep 28, 22:52  Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer eRe4s3r
  3. Sep 28, 23:37 Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer Surf
  4. Sep 28, 23:40  Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer eRe4s3r
  5. Sep 29, 08:23   Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer gilly775
>> 6. Sep 29, 09:32    Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer Burrito of Peace
  7. Sep 29, 09:54     Re: Sword of the Stars II Engine Trailer Armengar

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo