Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA Returns Fire at Activision

Following the publication of quotes critical of EA by Activision CEO Bobby Kotick comes a return volley from Electronic Arts on Gamasutra in which they seem equally disinclined to hold any bars. One comment addresses studio relations: "Kotick’s relationship with studio talent is well-documented in litigation," EA corporate communications VP Jeff Brown tells them, invoking Activision's legal entanglements with Double Fine Studios and Infinity Ward. They go on to assess Activision's success:  "His company is based on three game franchises – one is a fantastic persistent world he had nothing to do with; one is in steep decline; and the third is in the process of being destroyed by Kotick’s own hubris." Presumably those three franchises are World of Warcraft, Guitar Hero, and Call of Duty, respectively. Thanks joao.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 28, 2010, 02:48 Doma

wow! Nice going EA guy!

Since we are in bizarro land already EA.

How about you sell/give the Alpha Centauri license to 2k/Firaxis.

And while you are at it, stop jerking off and making Fifa games while the cultural heritage that are the enitire portfolios of Origin and Bullfrog fade away into nothingness.

Man up and do some good for a change!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 28, 2010, 02:34 Golwar

Again, we have clearly admitted during our conference, that we think the industry is dead serious these days
Sooo GoG, as you see you are wrong. This industry is as childish and silly as ever.

And we customers enjoy a catfight more than being fooled. So pick your target and open fire!

Oh, I almost forgot: Well said Jeff!

13. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 23:55 Prez

Never thought I'd see the day when I agreed with an EA exec. Still, the public pissing match is a lose-lose situation.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 19:57 Kxmode

*Hands EA several sporks*  

11. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 19:52 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 17:55:
Ahahaha! As much as none of us has any real love for EA that was just awesome on Jeff's part! Nailed it square on the head. EA may not be anyone's favourite but Kodick is earning full on hate from all corners. It would be in the best of interest in Activision's shareholders to remove him before they really start losing out.

If only I owned enough shares to call a vote...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 19:11 Wolfen

Sleeeeepy wrote on Sep 27, 2010, 18:52:
ok for this to be considered a proper slapfight someone needs to call someone else a nazi, let's get it on

Allthumbsup

9. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 19:05 [VG]Reagle

This is the best down and dirty entertainment since John Romero was in his prime!

Kudos to EA for bringing the HEAT!!

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

8. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 18:52 Sleeeeepy

ok for this to be considered a proper slapfight someone needs to call someone else a nazi, let's get it on  

7. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 18:30 Buckermann

I have no sympathy for EA; they are one of the reasons for my ever declining interest in big budget titles. But when I saw the above comment from Mr. Brown I was positively surprised.
It seems that nobody in this industry likes Mr. Kotick. Of course this is no wonder with all his insane comments. Insane is probably also the right description for Mr. Koticks state of mind. No other explanation makes more sense in light of all the drivel he spews forth.

Well, insanity and maybe drugs. Lots of drugs.

6. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 18:21 bhcompy

Granted EA is just deflecting considering their well publicized issues with overtime pay, Maxis, Mythic, Westwood, etc.

On another note, this headline reminded me that I need to download Return Fire, cuz that game was bitchin

5. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 18:19 Ruffiana

Really EA...you want to play the 'litigation' card so soon?  

4. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 18:03 Wolfen

-busting out the popcorn-  

3. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 18:03 nin

"His company is based on three game franchises – one is a fantastic persistent world he had nothing to do with; one is in steep decline; and the third is in the process of being destroyed by Kotick’s own hubris." Presumably those three franchises are World of Warcraft, Guitar Hero, and Call of Duty, respectively.

Holy shit, I'm cheering on EA here? Is this bizarro world?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 17:59 Tumbler

I was going to say that this little back and forth doesn't really make either party look good, but that response was appropriate and to the point. Kudos to EA.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: EA Returns Fire at Activision Sep 27, 2010, 17:55 Cutter

Ahahaha! As much as none of us has any real love for EA that was just awesome on Jeff's part! Nailed it square on the head. EA may not be anyone's favourite but Kodick is earning full on hate from all corners. It would be in the best of interest in Activision's shareholders to remove him before they really start losing out.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo