Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We had wings on the deck last night, which was pleasant, as I whipped up what's become a favorite combo on the grill: Burgers and Buffalo wings. The wings are better each time I make them, and yesterday I made sure to cook enough so we'd have some leftovers to enjoy with today's football games. This was a tough trick, we had 36 wing segments along with half-pound hamburgers, and we probably still have fewer than a dozen wings. We also had wings on the deck this morning, which was not pleasant, as MrsBlue noticed a dead bird out there, luckily before we let Hudson the wonder dog out, as the Gunnar man didn't notice it, but she surely would have, which might have ended up being gross. I'm not sure what kind of bird it was, it was sparrowy-looking, but its green color was not familiar. I'm not sure what happened to it either, as it seemingly suffered no foul play, and CSI: Aviary didn't seem interested in the case. Anyway, as official executor of all gross jobs it fell on me to get him into a bag and give him a respectful burial in the garbage. R.I.P. little green bird.

Alar Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Age of Defense.
Links: A secret history of condiments. They don't make secrets like they used to.
Stories: Firemen rescue cat and owner stuck up a tree. Darwin thwarted. Thanks Neatorama.
U.S. Zeroes In on Use of Antibiotics by Pork Producers.
Science: Cyborg professor looks to future of bionic technology. Thanks scorcese.fan.
Most Overweight Nations. USA #2, North America crushes all.
Wholphins, Ligers, And Other Crazy Animals Hybrids.
Media: The Original Video Game. Thanks reddit. Thanks Joker961.
Jerry Seinfeld: Larry King Live is the funniest show on TV.
All the Great Operas in 10 Minutes.
The Funnies: FoxTrot.
Follow-up: New Proof Wall Street Knew Its Mortgage Securities Were Subpar: Clayton Execs Testify.

View
12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2010, 07:42 Starsky

A starling perhaps? Small, sparrow like in size, greenish blue feathery.

Blue, gimmee a reference for the best pub food type eatery in Brooklyn. Hope to get there for the Jets/Vikings Monday nighter on the 10th.

Thanks.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 26, 13:23 Re: Out of the Blue Jeraxle
  2. Sep 26, 13:56  Re: Out of the Blue Bhruic
  5. Sep 26, 18:14   Re: Out of the Blue Jeraxle
  6. Sep 26, 22:45    Re: Out of the Blue zirik
  7. Sep 26, 23:49     Re: Out of the Blue Sepharo
  8. Sep 27, 00:29      Re: Out of the Blue zirik
  9. Sep 27, 01:56     Re: Out of the Blue Pigeon
  10. Sep 27, 02:02      Re: Out of the Blue zirik
  14. Sep 28, 00:43   Re: Out of the Blue Kxmode