Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

EA Offering APB Compensation?

A post on the Steam Users' Forums relates the experience of one customer who purportedly received some satisfaction from EA after complaining about the demise of APB. The transcript shows the customer service representative first offered the user a $20.00 voucher, and then a free EA game as compensation for "this inconvenience." Thanks Destructoid.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 26, 2010, 12:54 DeadlyAccurate

Nerian wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 19:27:
If anything, it's the fault of the people that didn't buy it, and the developers.

It's never the fault of a non-customer for a game going under (with the exception of rampant piracy). No customer is responsible for keeping a business afloat. They provide a product or service; I decide if that product or service is worth my hard-earned money. If they can't convince me, I take my business--and money--elsewhere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 26, 2010, 10:06 Wolfen

You know, it's not like Realtime Worlds didn't have a good track record. Granted, they had ONE successful game and then tried to make a MMO.....

But it's not the buyer's fault the company folded. If anything, it's the fault of the people that didn't buy it, and the developers.

That being said, I've found that EA generally has pretty good customer service when pressed. I purchased a copy of Spore Galatic Edition from Ebay, listed as NEW IN BOX, UNOPENED..and guess what? Yeah, it was opened and the key had already been activated.

I called EA, was able to prove that it was purchased secondhand sold as a new product, and the email address of the seller matched the registered email. They generated a brand new key for me on the spot, and made it available for me to digitally download via their store, permanently. Pretty frakin' awesome of them.

Oh, and I did file a PayPal claim against the seller and get all of my money back too. So F that guy...

Dood. There is NO WAY this games failure is my fault cause I didn't buy it. Maybe it had something to do with some of the unappealing aspects of the game, such as... in game advertisements.

6. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 26, 2010, 04:38 Dev

I'm surprised EA is actually showing some care about customers.

But it's not the buyer's fault the company folded. If anything, it's the fault of the people that didn't buy it, and the developers.
No, its ALL the developers fault. Did you bother to read any of the news stories about APB in the last month or more? The blogs where the guys who work there reveal the inside story? Such as they had $100 million to start with and decided to have a financial plan to spend every cent of it before launch. Oh and any time the devs asked anything relating to server costs (such as "do we need to optimize network traffic to reduce costs) the finance guys said "STFU, thats our area stop asking questions about it, and go back to your computers"

Lots more bits about how the company screwed itself on those blog posts.

5. Want your $50 back? Sep 26, 2010, 01:51 JohnBirshire

I'm sure they want their $100,000,000 back.  

4. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 25, 2010, 19:34 ForgedReality

You know, it's not like Realtime Worlds didn't have a good track record. Granted, they had ONE successful game and then tried to make a MMO.....

That being said, I've found that EA generally has pretty good customer service when pressed. I purchased a copy of Spore Galatic Edition from Ebay, listed as NEW IN BOX, UNOPENED..and guess what? Yeah, it was opened and the key had already been activated.

I called EA, was able to prove that it was purchased secondhand sold as a new product, and the email address of the seller matched the registered email. They generated a brand new key for me on the spot, and made it available for me to digitally download via their store, permanently. Pretty frakin' awesome of them.

Oh, and I did file a PayPal claim against the seller and get all of my money back too. So F that guy...

So basically you got a free game. And you complain about people who didn't buy a game.. Yet you GOT the game AND got reimbursed for it.

GOOD JOB ON KILLING APB, JERKFACE!!! >:\

3. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 25, 2010, 19:27 Nerian

2. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 25, 2010, 19:15 Longswd

As much as I'm for consumer rights and fairness in action, I feel about as sorry for people who bought into this as I feel for people who purchased lifetime subscriptions for Hellgate: London, Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

I consider it stupidity fine and have little sympathy.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

1. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 25, 2010, 15:26 Tanto Edge

Free EA game of equal or lesser value as chosen by the customer in question.
That's what the official release should say.

That and something like, 'SUX0RZZZ!!!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo