Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA Offering APB Compensation?

A post on the Steam Users' Forums relates the experience of one customer who purportedly received some satisfaction from EA after complaining about the demise of APB. The transcript shows the customer service representative first offered the user a $20.00 voucher, and then a free EA game as compensation for "this inconvenience." Thanks Destructoid.

View
4. Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Sep 25, 2010, 19:34 ForgedReality

Nerian wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 19:27:
You know, it's not like Realtime Worlds didn't have a good track record. Granted, they had ONE successful game and then tried to make a MMO.....

But it's not the buyer's fault the company folded. If anything, it's the fault of the people that didn't buy it, and the developers.

That being said, I've found that EA generally has pretty good customer service when pressed. I purchased a copy of Spore Galatic Edition from Ebay, listed as NEW IN BOX, UNOPENED..and guess what? Yeah, it was opened and the key had already been activated.

I called EA, was able to prove that it was purchased secondhand sold as a new product, and the email address of the seller matched the registered email. They generated a brand new key for me on the spot, and made it available for me to digitally download via their store, permanently. Pretty frakin' awesome of them.

Oh, and I did file a PayPal claim against the seller and get all of my money back too. So F that guy...

So basically you got a free game. And you complain about people who didn't buy a game.. Yet you GOT the game AND got reimbursed for it.

GOOD JOB ON KILLING APB, JERKFACE!!! >:\

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 25, 15:26 Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Tanto Edge
  2. Sep 25, 19:15  Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Longswd
  3. Sep 25, 19:27   Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Nerian
>> 4. Sep 25, 19:34    Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? ForgedReality
  6. Sep 26, 04:38    Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Dev
  7. Sep 26, 10:06    Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? Wolfen
  8. Sep 26, 12:54    Re: EA Offering APB Compensation? DeadlyAccurate
  5. Sep 26, 01:51 Want your $50 back? JohnBirshire

footer