Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month

EA announces a four-day PC multiplayer beta test for Medal of Honor that will get underway on October 4, saying: "The Open Beta will allow players an opportunity to sample Medal of Honorís rich multiplayer mode before the full game launches on October 12." This page has details on the beta, with system requirements, outlines of the two maps and two gameplay modes the beta will offer, descriptions of the included weapons, as well as some tips on tactics. Here's a bit more on those elements from the announcement: "Kunar Base is played in the Sector Control multiplayer mode where two sides fight to control tactical sectors of the map. Shahikot Mountains is played in the tactical and objective-based Combat Mission multiplayer mode where gamers battle through a series of objectives to defeat the opposing team. Both modes pit teams of 12 players (total 24 players) against one another with realistic destruction, tactical support actions and a weapon customization system that generates hundreds of combinations." Accompanying the news are a pair of Medal of Honor multiplayer screenshots, and a new Medal of Honor 'Experience' trailer, the fifth such clip from the game. The trailer depicts a new "Objective Raid" multiplayer mode set on the Kandahaar Marketplace, showing the attacking and defending roles in a fierce firefight. Here's the embedded version.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 25, 2010, 14:06 Ant

maddog wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 16:12:
I was reading on Prodigy last night that this game is going to blow. But someone called and I got disconnected so I couldn't read the whole article.

MD
Disable call hating/waiting (e.g., *70).

Get off my lawn, kids. My Apple //c (Bruce Lee, Lode Runner, Wings of Fury, Aztec, etc.) and Atari 2600 (Combat, Yar's Revenge, Ms. Pac-Man, Megamania, Adventure, etc.) roared with gaming.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 25, 2010, 14:04 Ant

maddog wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 14:33:
Hope this game supports IPX\UPX

MD
IPX/SPX!!

I wonder if this MoH will be improved since the last beta. I doubt it.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

32. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 25, 2010, 14:01 Ant

Blue wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 14:26:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 14:14:
Hold on, I need to set my MTU setting so I can get the best ping. US Robotics for life!

You have a USR modem too? Do you have a good init string I can use for DOOM?
ATZ I still have my external 33.6k modem for backup dial-up when my cable Internet goes down!

31. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 22:18 space captain

dude that shit pissed me off back in the day, with my awesome Riva TNT

there was a good while where 3dfx was on top of shit in a big way.. with their proprietary crap

Go forth, and kill!

30. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 19:05 bhcompy

everyone wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 17:54:
Will this game support Glide? I don't want to have to mess with any MiniGL drivers for a change.

I hear that Tribes will look spiffy in Glide

29. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 18:24 ASeven

How many floppy disks is this game? I just bought an external floppy drive for faster loading, guys!  

28. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 17:54 everyone

Will this game support Glide? I don't want to have to mess with any MiniGL drivers for a change.  

27. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 17:17 The Half Elf

*goes and finds his 3Dfx cars and crys in a corner*

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

26. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 16:48 ColoradoHoudini

I'm sticking with Matrox for life.. you losers stick with that ATI nonsense  

25. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 16:32 bhcompy

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 15:31:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 15:27:
What was that one CPU not AMD or Intel that showed up around 1996? I think they might have staying power.
Cyrix aka VIA ?

Cyrix 333 with a SLI DiamondMM Voodoo2 setup

24. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 16:24 DangerDog

Guys, just bought a 20MB HD for my Amiga 500.

I rolled my own external hard drive (case + scsi hd) and used a Supra controller, less expensive than buying one of those ready to go kits.

Having to pay the low, low price of 10 cents a minute for long distance can get you into all sorts of trouble.

/flash back over

23. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 16:12 maddog

I was reading on Prodigy last night that this game is going to blow. But someone called and I got disconnected so I couldn't read the whole article.

MD

22. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 16:04 ColoradoHoudini

Cyrix.. yes!! haha.. I remember those.

/overclocks his Celeron 300

21. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 15:50 SpectralMeat

ASeven wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 15:40:
Guys, just bought a 20MB HD for my Amiga 500. Fuck, it cost me $400 but it's worth it!

I so envy you, you won't have to buy another HD in your life !
That thing will last you forevah !

Steam: SpectralMeat

20. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 15:50 space captain

Guru Meditation #48454C50

Go forth, and kill!

19. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 15:40 ASeven

Guys, just bought a 20MB HD for my Amiga 500. Fuck, it cost me $400 but it's worth it! And I also got the first v32bis modem in the world! F3AR ME!  

18. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 15:31 SpectralMeat

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 15:27:
What was that one CPU not AMD or Intel that showed up around 1996? I think they might have staying power.
Cyrix aka VIA ?

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2010, 15:38.

Steam: SpectralMeat

17. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 15:27 ColoradoHoudini

Don't come back here and ruin the joke, bucko!
We're having fun over here.

16. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 15:26 Lit_Reflex001

Looks like you have to be running Vista/Win7 to participate.

WTF were they thinking? Besides, isn't this coming out on consoles as well?

How the fuck are these people making a version for Xbox 360 without supporting Direct X 9 for the PC?!!

15. Re: PC Medal of Honor MP Beta Next Month Sep 24, 2010, 14:59 bhcompy

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 14:14:
we are responding to this post:
"Dedicated server suppot will be nice, though I'm not sure how this is similar to MechWarrior 2 "

Obviously i mean Modern Warfare 2.. but that guy thought I meant Mech Warrior 2.. so we went into the wayback machine.

Hold on, I need to set my MTU setting so I can get the best ping. US Robotics for life!

I know what you meant, but MW2 is taken by a superior game. Thus, it was a minor ribbing

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo