Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Darksiders

THQ announces that the Windows edition of Darksiders is now available worldwide, offering PC users the chance to play this action/adventure game already out on consoles. Here's word: "Developed by THQ’s in-house studio, Vigil Games™, the Windows PC version of the game has been re-engineered from the ground up to deliver the same great action as the console games, while taking advantage of keyboard and mouse controls." Says THQ's Travis Plane: "It is important that the PC audience get to experience the same great product as the console audience so we pulled out all the stops to optimize this version. If you didn’t previously buy the console version now is the perfect opportunity to try Darksiders for yourself."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 13:19 xXBatmanXx

Watching the videos......pass.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 13:08 Frijoles

Like so many other games, I'll get it... when it goes on sale for $20 or less. Here's looking forward to the Christmas Steam sale.  

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 09:20 Zyrxil

peteham wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 04:48:
This is a fine game, if you like the genre. I already played through it on console ages ago though, so I doubt I'll get the PC version. The Steam asking-price also seems a bit stiff to me, at €49.99 for a game that's been console bargain-bin material for at least 6 months. Even though you probably get the usual sharper textures and none of the framerate-issues that were an annoyance in the console version. The controls also felt needlessly clunky at times, but nothing remotely game-breaking.

Oh, and without spoiling too much, the ending is rather bad-ass.
Geez, you Euro guys always get the short end of the stick. $39.99 here.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 08:12 kimbambaman

My friends played this on the 360 and are pretty lukewarm about it. I guess they like it concept but they found some of the mechanics annoying and they both got stuck at a certain point in the game.

I guess I'm curious for opinions here, because the game reviewed extremely well and there seems to be a lot of people who like it. I am wondering if the PC version has added any additional features, such as a fast travel mechanism, or changed any of the content from the console version in any way?

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 07:19 StingingVelvet

I'd like to support the port, but it's not really my kind of game and I have a game a week to buy from Sept. 21st through Oct. 26th!

I never really liked hack n' slash combat of this nature, I didn't even like God of War.

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 04:48 peteham

This is a fine game, if you like the genre. I already played through it on console ages ago though, so I doubt I'll get the PC version. The Steam asking-price also seems a bit stiff to me, at €49.99 for a game that's been console bargain-bin material for at least 6 months. Even though you probably get the usual sharper textures and none of the framerate-issues that were an annoyance in the console version. The controls also felt needlessly clunky at times, but nothing remotely game-breaking.

Oh, and without spoiling too much, the ending is rather bad-ass.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 24, 2010, 02:10 space captain

yeh its zelda circa snes days

its a good game with a fair amount of memorable moments, its "solid" imo

Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 23:35 AirWreck

Yeah it's a very fun game with a lot of variety. Got a bit of God of War, a lot of Zelda, a bit of Panzer Dragoon, a bit of Krull, a bit of Ninja Gaiden, plus more I'm sure. I found it challenging in some spots on the default difficulty too (if it even has other difficulties), something Zelda is not known for these days.  

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 22:25 Verno

wtf_man wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 22:19:

Sorry... Digital Download slipped my mind since I still usually buy my games at brick and mortar stores.

I didn't realize it was on Steam.

No worries Anyways it's a pretty good game and at a fair length. I'd expect most people to run it at 15-20 hours on their first playthrough. It's one of the few games that really rips off other games but gets it right.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 22:22 space captain

yeh its a console game.. only because of the gamepad tho

and yeh its zelda - a thinly veiled ripoff, or "homage" if you will

really looking forward to sequel on this one

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 22:19 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 22:11:
wtf_man wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 22:05:
Just make the accusation next time, I don't do thinly veiled suggestion

Sorry... Digital Download slipped my mind since I still usually buy my games at brick and mortar stores.

I didn't realize it was on Steam.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 22:11 Verno

wtf_man wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 22:05:
How did you get it so fast if it was just released?

Just make the accusation next time, I don't do thinly veiled suggestion

And what is the DRM?

Thanks.

Steamworks.

Hey, it's that game that got completely stomped by God of War III... like six months ago...

Uhh, Darksiders was a first release IP that sold 1.5 million units. It was widely considered a big success for THQ. I could say some negative things about God of War III but I won't bother because Darksiders has more in common with the Legend of Zelda than it anyways.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 22:08 PHJF

Hey, it's that game that got completely stomped by God of War III... like six months ago...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 22:05 wtf_man

Verno wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 21:53:
Really fun and a great port. I played the PS3 version as well and this is a far more enjoyable experience.
How did you get it so fast if it was just released?

And what is the DRM?

Thanks.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 21:53 Verno

Really fun and a great port. I played the PS3 version as well and this is a far more enjoyable experience.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 21:18 Eldaron Imotholin

Meh, this is one of those games that should remain on consoles. Like God of War. It's the type of game consoles are fine for, even with that damn controller.

Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption... those are the type of games that would matter-of-factly be better games if they'd be "re-engineered" for PC.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 21:16 Wallshadows

Now that Arthas isn't preoccupied atop of Icecrown, he is free to do as he pleases.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darksiders Sep 23, 2010, 21:08 Wag

Demo please.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo