Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed

Posts to the Ubisoft Forums indicate the PC edition of Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 is suffering another delay, as several customers report receiving word from the Ubi shop that the aerial combat sequel will be ready for download on November 16. Last month it was reported that the PC edition was pushed back until October 1, but the reports on the forums say they were told the game would be pushed back to November 1 at some point prior to this latest delay. No reason for the setback is mentioned. Thanks Big Download.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 20:28 Eldaron Imotholin

ASJD wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 16:45:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 13:13:
Tried to like consoles again, for 2 fucking weeks. Completely unbiased and full of anticipation I started up Alan Wake, then Red Dead Redemption and Fable 2.

Consoles are fucking abominations. PC > Consoles in every aspect, unless -- maybe! -- you play God/Gears of War 24/7. People that claim otherwise are ignorant and/or haven't ever played on a gaming PC (while actually giving it an unbiased CHANCE, like I did with consoles multiple times).

Case closed.

You're a fool that doesn't enjoy gaming anymore. Console gaming is superior to PC gaming, because of all those hot games coming out on console and not on PC. Case closed.

The games coming out on consoles suck bad mostly due to the controls. You have to play in tunnel-vision mode because spinning the camera around to enjoy the surroundings while moving your character in the correct direction is such a freakin' hideous piece of labor -- and more often than not impossible -- you reluctantly choose not to do it anyway.

And then there's the auto-aiming. Most console players say they "actually aim better than with a mouse". They say this first and foremost because they're not right in the head and can't think straight, and 2. because of auto-aiming. When a discussion verges to the aiming side, I serve them Shadowrun for dinner to state my case.
They choke on it and the discussion dies.

And then there's the couch setting. Some people say it's relaxing, but I can't relax when I'm trying to hear what they're saying while kids are running about. Overall: The setting kills immersion.

Some more PC > console cases: 1. High screen resolutions 2. Free mods 3. Upgradeable hardware 4. Cheaper games 5. Quicker loading speeds ...

Yes, I have compared. A few years ago console gamers had one case on their side: "Because I have a console, I can turn it on, sit down, and play. Just like that." Not anymore. With my late 2009 gig I'm twice as fast getting into a game from boot up than a console.

Games are becoming more shallow and shallow by the release and guys like you, ASJD, are too ignorant to see it. If it were up to you guys.. you'd love a game that's more so a movie, as long as you could "Press B for cool combo move" every 5 minutes.

*sigh* There. I said it.

I know I've been talking to a wall, however. Did you guys know that a human's love for stuff like Apple and Consoles is processed in the part of the brain where your religious beliefs are also (along with principles btw)? That's basically the reason there's no point in having a discussion about it.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2010, 20:34.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 19:48 DedEye

Not surprised after my experience with Silent Hunter 5. Ubi just keeps digging that hole deeper don't they?

They treat their customers like shit so I stopped being one of their customers.

You're a fool that doesn't enjoy gaming anymore. Console gaming is superior to PC gaming, because of all those hot games coming out on console and not on PC. Case closed.

LOL! You're not serious are you?

Kids buy consoles, real nerds build their own platforms

11. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 18:23 killer_roach

zirik wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 13:36:
i think the DRM is the delay. imagine if they released it at the peak of interest. everytime they delay the game less people want to buy it. problem of piracy solved!

My guess? Early indications from retailers is that demand for the game isn't as high as expected, so they're drawing out the PC release a bit more in the hopes of getting some people who would've paid $50 for it on PC to spend $60 to get it now on their console of choice.

10. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 16:45 ASJD

Tried to like consoles again, for 2 fucking weeks. Completely unbiased and full of anticipation I started up Alan Wake, then Red Dead Redemption and Fable 2.

Consoles are fucking abominations. PC > Consoles in every aspect, unless -- maybe! -- you play God/Gears of War 24/7. People that claim otherwise are ignorant and/or haven't ever played on a gaming PC (while actually giving it an unbiased CHANCE, like I did with consoles multiple times).

Case closed.

9. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 15:39 NicklePop

Case closed.

As for the topic at hand: Who cares.

Do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

Fricken' razzle frazzin' consoles polluting the gaming world.

8. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 15:36 Wildone

Its not even worth pirating  

7. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 13:36 zirik

ASeven wrote on Sep 22, 2010, 13:35:
Probably didn't have time to finish implementing the DRM so give it another postponement to make the DRM extra-draconian.

i think the DRM is the delay. imagine if they released it at the peak of interest. everytime they delay the game less people want to buy it. problem of piracy solved!

6. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 13:35 ASeven

Probably didn't have time to finish implementing the DRM so give it another postponement to make the DRM extra-draconian.  

5. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 13:34 zirik

can we say those who pre-ordered this game for the pc are F.U.C.K.E.D.  

4. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 13:13 Eldaron Imotholin

Case closed.

As for the topic at hand: Who cares.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

3. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 13:05 Wildone

They are probably having trouble upscaling their shitty textures to fit into available PC memory, after all whats 8 gigs compared to the 360's infinite amount..  

2. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 12:13 Jackplug

its shit anyways....  

1. Re: H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Sep 22, 2010, 12:07 Grifter

so what else is new ?  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo